PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Crash - I've tried EVERYTHING!

munwaal
10-09-2004, 10:39 AM
Hi there

Every time I start the game, the screen goes blank for a few seconds, and then crashes back to desktop. I've scoured these forums and have tried every single trick suggested, from logging in as a different user, to reinstalling (several times). I've even re-installed Windows XP and tried Windows 64 bit with the same results!

A zip file called crash_report.zip is created in the bin folder, and there's an xml file inside which has the following:

- <Exception>
<ExceptionRecord ModuleName="I:\myst64\bin\Myst4.exe" ExceptionCode="0xc0000005" ExceptionDescription="EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" ExceptionAddress="0xec3933" />
<Processor Architecture="PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL" Level="Unknown" NumberOfProcessors="1" />
<OperatingSystem MajorVersion="5" MinorVersion="2" BuildNumber="3790" CSDVersion="Service Pack 1, v.1218" />

It seems to think I'm running an Intel CPU, even though I have an AMD 64 bit 3000+. I've tried different drivers, everything. Puhleeeeeze help!! I really don't want to have to attempt to return it!!

My specs:

AMD 64 3000+
ATI X800 Pro (Cat 4.9)
SBLive 5.1

Nothing is overclocked

Thanks!

munwaal
10-09-2004, 10:39 AM
Hi there

Every time I start the game, the screen goes blank for a few seconds, and then crashes back to desktop. I've scoured these forums and have tried every single trick suggested, from logging in as a different user, to reinstalling (several times). I've even re-installed Windows XP and tried Windows 64 bit with the same results!

A zip file called crash_report.zip is created in the bin folder, and there's an xml file inside which has the following:

- &lt;Exception&gt;
&lt;ExceptionRecord ModuleName="I:\myst64\bin\Myst4.exe" ExceptionCode="0xc0000005" ExceptionDescription="EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" ExceptionAddress="0xec3933" /&gt;
&lt;Processor Architecture="PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL" Level="Unknown" NumberOfProcessors="1" /&gt;
&lt;OperatingSystem MajorVersion="5" MinorVersion="2" BuildNumber="3790" CSDVersion="Service Pack 1, v.1218" /&gt;

It seems to think I'm running an Intel CPU, even though I have an AMD 64 bit 3000+. I've tried different drivers, everything. Puhleeeeeze help!! I really don't want to have to attempt to return it!!

My specs:

AMD 64 3000+
ATI X800 Pro (Cat 4.9)
SBLive 5.1

Nothing is overclocked

Thanks!

maztec
10-09-2004, 02:56 PM
The AMD Architecture is Intel, heh. They license the x86 architecture. They just have different optimizations. Probably distinguishes between Mac and x86 is all.