PDA

View Full Version : Jumping right on the wall, in the final/Venice Tomb mission

EchoSixSpy
11-24-2009, 07:57 PM
This is killing me. Just killing me.

I know there's another thread here on this topic, but there's no precise answer on this anywhere, so I'm sorry to ask again.

This is the Venice Assassin's Tomb mission... The one with the giant squid Easter egg. I have the XBox 360, so I need the precise commands to do this maneuver, as opposed to the PS3.

At the VERY beginning of the run, you've got to jump a few pillars, grab a bar and land on a platform.

Then a "command" to run up the wall, press "A" and move the left joystick in the direction of the jump.

I only assume I'm trying to go for the bar that's off to the right of the platform, but I'll be DA**ED if I can reach the thing. All I've managed to do, is jump directly at the camera (into the water) or jump underneath the bar (into the water).

I've attempted to do this freaking jump about 200 million times and I'm gonna' break something!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

HELP!!!!

Thanks. : )

ShadowSnipa4
11-24-2009, 08:00 PM
try standing closer to the edge to to the right and then try the wall jump there and see id you can reach it. cause thats how i was able to do it

EchoSixSpy
11-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Thanks, but what do you do... Face the wall, jump it and then jump again?

I've tried standing at the edge and jumping at the wall, but all that happens is I jump backwards or toward the camera and wind up diving straight into the water.

ShadowSnipa4
11-24-2009, 08:07 PM
well once you run up the wall you wanna move your joystick to the left and hit the jump button again and you should be able to grab the pole

EchoSixSpy
11-24-2009, 08:10 PM
To the left? Really?

Even though the pole is to the right?

EchoSixSpy
11-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Uuuuhhh... This is so frustrating, I can't believe it.

Raekull
11-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Yeah, what ShadowSnipa4 said, just run up the wall and press Right, I cant remember if you press jump while doing that or not at the moment but try both.

dcbroncs123
11-25-2009, 12:30 PM
look jesus lol get close to the edge look at the wall run up the wall when you are at the top of your run move to joystick to the right press and it will jump on the pole that pole will move the door then fromt here you need to go forward and move another lever then you will incounter another wall jump just do the same thing but this time it is to the left instead of the right just at the top of your run up the wall move joystick left press a to jump then you got it you have 1 more lever to pull and then the doors open i think i may have left a lever out but a well at least you know there is 2 wall jumps

UKnus
11-26-2009, 04:26 AM
Login/Join
I have created an account to say that this advanced wall jump is one of the worst game mechanics I have ever been frustrated by. Did they even test it. If I have to pull that lever one more time. In fact I can't be bothered. I wore that armor in the last game anyway.

AetosEagle
11-26-2009, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by UKnus:
I wore that armor in the last game anyway.

It's a different armour.

nytola7
11-26-2009, 09:53 AM
You don't have to jump on the wall right where that bar is. As a matter of fact, the bar is just there to let you know how far you've progressed through that particular tomb. Once i figured this out, that the bar was not important, my jumps became a lot easier because I could jump from wherever works best, and not from a specific point.

phreeve
11-26-2009, 01:17 PM
considering that the prince of persia could wall run but the assassin can not? kinda annoying. Why they bothered to make you run up a wall, press left or right and a direction and jump again is just wrong. imagine how cool it would be to run along a wall and assassinate guards and such?

rknall
11-27-2009, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by nytola7:
You don't have to jump on the wall right where that bar is. As a matter of fact, the bar is just there to let you know how far you've progressed through that particular tomb. Once i figured this out, that the bar was not important, my jumps became a lot easier because I could jump from wherever works best, and not from a specific point.

The bar does not tell you, how far you have progressed, but is kind of a countdown timer, telling you, how much time you have left

Azugo
11-27-2009, 03:04 AM
Wow! I seriously cannot believe how many people actually have trouble with this! It's simple!

(PS3 Controls) Hold R1 and X and run up the wall. Now, at the height of your wall run, move the left stick right and let go of X. Now, tap X again and if done right, Ezio should grab the pole!

If you keep missing the pole, do the same as above. But this time, after tapping X to jump, hold O to grab the pole.

I did PS3 controls because I don't know Xbox controls very well eventhough I used to own one...

krutzy24
11-27-2009, 03:40 PM
My question is at the end of it, the last pole i have to get to, i cant. Ill get to the big pillar that turns with the other poles i need to use to get to that platform, but they always are turned back. are those really on a timer as well, because i spend most of the time swimming back to the other platforms when i miss the wall jump.

tfkanberlin
11-27-2009, 04:16 PM
YOU JUMP TO THE LEFT.
then you grab a wall, run around then jump on the bar!

elaine8405
11-27-2009, 05:44 PM
I completely agree with the OP about hating this mission. The programmers COULD have made this up the wall/jump sideways move a lot more different from the jump backward thing. I didn't count how many times it took me to finish this one, but I was NOT happy.

One thing that helped was this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvyJj4ZOEM4

In fact, the same person who posted that has posted for all the Assassin's Tombs. They were a big help.

EchoSixSpy
11-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Well, I finally got through this God forsaken part of the game.

I found this clip on You Tube, which helped greatly... http://videos.wittysparks.com/id/2925413026/

I actually stopped playing by the time I made my last post and didn't try again till later the next day and got it on the very first try. Before attempting it again, I did load a new controller. Maybe the other one was getting a little loose?

When I play the game again, I'll be dreading that particular level.

I don't mind running along walls. It's fun in Tomb Raider, but the function in this one simply blows.

The rest of the game is amazing though.

krutzy24
11-29-2009, 04:46 AM
honestly i cant lie.. and i feel like an idiot for this.. but ive stuck on this for 3 days now. already beat the game and tryin to finish up some things, this part is KILLING me. i get so ****ed i shut the game off after a bunch of tries. everytime i wall jump, i just go backwards, altho my joystick is pointed the right way. wtf man

paulhurst2006
11-29-2009, 02:20 PM
I struggled with this SO MUCH too!

Heres how I cracked it.

Firstly. You don't need to do it in one fluid move. You can pause once your on the ledge and I'd reccomend that too.

Secondly, then you run and jump as if you are starting a climb up the wall. Ezio will do that jump thing. When hes halfway though, make sure your pressing RIGHT, Release A and press it again.

Providing you get the timing right, he will jump off the wall and grab the bar.

I've found the timing isnt too harsh, you get a good second or two so don't rush although its best to try to time it for when hes at the top of his first 'jump'.

Unfortunately you will need to do this kind of second jump move, a total of three times but my best advice is to stop each time and take a pause before attempting the manouvre. Resist the urge to try doing it as part of your run etc, it just makes it harder.... Much harder.

Good Luck!

P

Deity Matrix
11-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Sorry to sound like a *******, but I don't see the trouble with this move. Indeed, I was frustrated as I missed the instruction on how to do it and subsequently fell in the water, ruining my timing. However, it is easy to practice. In fact, I use it often in cities now, as it is a great way to move up a sheer wall and reach a high bar or beam that leads to a freerun path in one easy move.

Again, I'm sorry for calling this easy, but I do believe it is no more difficult then the execution and timing of the Climb Leap technique, which uses the exact same buttons....

oscarbutler
11-29-2009, 07:14 PM
It took me awhile to get. Got a heavy thumb it seems. Try running to the wall and up it. While your climbing the wall hit jump again and push right. not down or still up which was forward, that sends u back into the water. Have to try to do 2 separate moves. run up wall, then jump right to pole.

Deity Matrix
11-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Sorry the OP had such a problem with this move, since it probably ruined some of your experience(similar to the Altair dream annoyance).

But anyway, I wanted to say that I think it is kinda silly to compare this game to Prince of Persia, as that game is based on a fantasy world and a warped sense of human abilities and physics in general. Despite his abilities, Ezio is completely a realistic and plausible human, in the setting of the real historical world which is only slightly fictionalized. This game would just go beyond ridiculous if Ezio could wall run or perform even more fantastic ninja-like maneuvers that are used in some less realistic games.

EchoSixSpy
11-29-2009, 08:26 PM
Yeah... I see people landing safely in piles of hay, after jumping from great heights, all around my town. Happens all the time.

Compared to how unrealistic the act of running up a wall sounds... Talk about fantasy.

Deity Matrix
11-29-2009, 08:34 PM
lol, I know what you mean. However, my point is that it's generally realistic. Not to mention that it is probably at least survivable to do that(seeing as how people have survived skydiving without a parachute), but you'd definitely be severely maimed.

As opposed to Prince of Persia where if you make a mistake and die a horrible gruesome death or fall into the abyss-you simply pull out your magical sword and powers to go back in time to fight more sand monsters and mythical beings.

That's what I meant with that comparison.

Edit: The funny thing actually is that the unrealistic aspects of the game are ironic. Ezio would probably reach muscle failure and fall before he could even make it to a leap of faith point http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Bob_Cats
11-30-2009, 02:17 AM
I don't know what you guys are on but your really getting ****ed off, just relax.

This is the hardest tomb, the others are a walk in the park.

You need to practice this like you've never practiced anything before...seriously.

You need to be able to do it ultra fast with only one mistake, as you know the lever will click back. So do the mossy pillar jumps to the platform, you run up the shield of the massive statue and press the button X or the Xbox button, while holding the joystick LEFT at the same time.

You reach the second stable platform of peacefulness.

Run up the wall again and make the same controller movement except to the RIGHT. You will now be hanging in an awkward position from a conveniently placed metal pole.

This will shunt downwards if you have only gotten to it for the first time.

<insert dramatic 'door' cinematic>

Use your assassin skills to get to another platform, do the running up the wall and turning right thing again.

you will get to a low platform, think of it as a kind of check point.

run across these slabs of wall to another platform where you swing from a pole and land on a pillar.

swing from another pole (which will turn if you run out of time ****ing you off major-ly)and land on a platform, do the running wall thing once again to pull another 'shunting lever/pole thing' and you will get your awesome cinematic thing where the door opens and the steps emerge from the water etc, etc.

Go to the sarcophagus etc and win.

Bob_Cats
12-01-2009, 12:39 AM
I was climbing a wall and I got a hand cramp and let go of the controller.

Ezio fell backwards (from one of the tallest buildings) and landed in a pile of hay...

DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT THE GAME SPOILED

SCROLL DOWN FOR A SMALL SPOILER
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l

l
l

l
l
l
l
l
l

ll

l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l

The other thing is near the end when all the assassins are performing the leap of faith, it looks very comical. And it's a mini mission, just performing the leap of faith and you get 7000 florins lol.

RDB_8
12-01-2009, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Raekull:
Yeah, what ShadowSnipa4 said, just run up the wall and press Right, I cant remember if you press jump while doing that or not at the moment but try both.

I did this too and i moved the stick right and he jumps back into the camera into the water (backwards)

RDB_8
12-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by tfkanberlin:
YOU JUMP TO THE LEFT.
then you grab a wall, run around then jump on the bar!

if you do this you jump into the wall (opposite way from pole)

Chex313
12-02-2009, 12:04 PM
I had the toughest time with this one as well.

Tho contrary to what some have said...this got a lot easier when I learned that I didn't have to hurry. The levers stay pulled!After getting the first 3 (after multilpe attempts)I noticed that you could dive into the water at the third lever and climb up a And continue forward.

Knowing that I only had to get to there helped me relax, and the last lever came easy.

It was satisfying to say the least!!

Hope this helps others.

Bob_Cats
12-08-2009, 02:45 AM
Yes that is true but you do have to hurry in the last section of the puzzle because there is one of those annoying poles that decide it would be a fun idea to turn 180 degrees so that this random dude in their tomb can't do what he wants to do.

WestLil0
10-20-2012, 05:18 PM
And three years later this is still a major frustration. I've seen several videos that make it look easy, but I simply can't I have spent at least 5 hours trying to get this last seal and it's so frustrating I'm leaving it alone and continuing.

I am on a PC and have seen the same thread (disappointment,frustration, etc) from PS3 and XBox players too so I'm in good company.

Really Ubisoft? Did you really need to do this to an otherwise A+ game!!!

WHY????