PDA

View Full Version : Tips on bombing in a fighter/bomber

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 11:19 AM
any1 have any tips on level bombing in a figter/bomber? i cant seem to hit the target withgout fly super low. how do you time the release from higher altitude?

"diplomacy is saying 'good doggie' until you can find a really BIG rock."

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 11:19 AM
any1 have any tips on level bombing in a figter/bomber? i cant seem to hit the target withgout fly super low. how do you time the release from higher altitude?

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 11:38 AM
what i do do is climb to about 1000 - 1500 feet and dive down on the target keeping the crosshair slightly before the target and then release, this alway seems to work for me or you could go to <a href ="http://www.mudmovers.com/tactics/tactics_dive.htm">mudmovers</a> and see what they have to say

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 12:03 PM
I do low level bombing like this.

Go in with at least 450 km/h.

Aim directly for the target. As soon as you're about 300 metres near, lift the nose and aim with the lowest end of the crosshair (i'm using fw190 for this but p-47 is exceptionally good) and Push the trigger.
"BOMBS AWAY !"
When releasing the bomb at speeds of 500 I rarely miss..

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 01:30 PM
Fighter bombers never were designed for 'level bombing'!

They are agile and fast so best tactic should be dive bombing (doesn't need to be at 90? angle).

I think best is to dive in at about 20?-40? and drop the bomb at short distance to the target. Always remember the blast radius of the detonation AND you will have to pull your plane out of the dive, which, depending on your speed, may take a lot of time! So watch your alt too.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 03:33 PM
come in at about 150m and release half second or so after they pass under your nose - works most times with the 109 on experten anyway. maybe a good idea to put 1 sec delay on the bomb.

must try that dive bombing...

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_07.gif

She turned me into a newt, but I got better.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 07:22 PM
alright ..takin your guys advice as we speak. thanks

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 07:36 PM
I fly usually in 50 meters. Bombs has 1-1.5 seconds delay.

Very accurate.

------------------------------------
In case of Emeregency press Esc and Quit game.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:47 PM
what is very good is and this goes for rockets too is to not let the center of your crosshair go past what you are aiming at until you shoot,you mightnt hit the target but it cuts out any chance of hitting past the target.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 10:49 PM
I recommend glide bombing. Glide bombing is a cross between dive bombing and level bombing. Come in at a 30-60 degree angle at full speed, use the gunsight to aim your bombs and then drop your bombs at the last possible instant. A bomb delay is manditory with this approach. I use 1.0 seconds. With a little practice you can drop your bombs with steller accuracy using this method. I can put an SC500 in someones cockpit using this method /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif . If you don't believe me, ask Ian or Recon and they will tell you all about my shameless vulching /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif .

----------------------------------------
<center>I/JG1 Oesau (http://jg1-oesau.org) is recruiting. Join us!

Stab.I/JG1Death at HL, Maj_Death at Ubi.com

At the start of WW2 the German army lacked experienced anti-aircraft gunners. The average gunner was so bad that the USSR decided to help them out. They did it by forcing some of their pilots to fly I-153 flak magnets. These planes were slow but very sturdy. This allowed German anti-aircraft gunners to get a large amount of target practice on a relatively small number of planes. Thanks to the Soviets help, by the end of the war the German anti-aircraft gunners were amoung the best in the world.
</center>

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 08:58 AM
Maj_Death wrote:
- I recommend glide bombing. Glide bombing is a cross
- between dive bombing and level bombing. Come in at a
- 30-60 degree angle at full speed, use the gunsight
- to aim your bombs and then drop your bombs at the
- last possible instant. A bomb delay is manditory
- with this approach. I use 1.0 seconds. With a little
- practice you can drop your bombs with steller
- accuracy using this method. I can put an SC500 in
- someones cockpit using this method /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif . If you don't believe
- me, ask Ian or Recon and they will tell you all
- about my shameless vulching /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif .
-
-----------------------------------------
- <center><A HREF="http://jg1-oesau.org" TARGET=_blank>I/JG1
- Oesau</A> is recruiting. Join us!
-
thats what i have been doing. gettin pretty good at it too. thanks all for the advice.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 09:55 AM
30-60 degrees dive and high speed like other already said

the trick is to have a stable flight path and to let the bomb follow you flight path as long as possible.

if you dive more than 60 degrees your plane becomes unstable
if you fly slow the bomb will leave youre flight path too fast

quiet_man

second foundation member of the EURO_Snoopy fan club!

I'm quiet_man, but if I post I post quiet much /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif