PDA

View Full Version : Adam West a guest vocalist?

Poodle_of_Doom
08-20-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm replaying through Brotherhood for the second time, and came to glyph four. It's the one where you get the recorded phone call, and have to do the wave pattern. One of the voices sounds like Adam West. Did he guest voice in the game?

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 06:33 PM
No.

ProdiGurl
08-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Adam West . . now there's a man who marches to the beat of his own drum
=D

NewBlade200
08-20-2011, 07:23 PM
Unfortunately, no. If only though, if only. I would get more connected to Desmond if Adam West voiced him.

Or Jack Black. I love him.

ProdiGurl
08-20-2011, 07:51 PM
I never liked Jack Black until I saw him in Year One. lol But ya, I don't connect w/ Desmond either - maybe Revelations will change that when he goes all dark & sinister
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

LightRey
08-20-2011, 08:03 PM
We haven't really gotten the chance to connect with Desmond much, really. I think that ACR will give us more than enough opportunities to do so however, since we're going to visit some of his memories as well I believe.

NewBlade200
08-20-2011, 08:12 PM
@ProdiGurl:
We don't know if Des will be dark and sinister. We just know that he's re-visiting memories to understand him better, and that he's trapped again. Personally, I'm hoping he realizes that he has never been free, Abstergo needed him for more research, the Assassins needed him for their own needs and would have captured him first if they could, and now his own subconscious. Seeing Des going through this would be quite interesting.

LightRey
08-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
@ProdiGurl:
We don't know if Des will be dark and sinister. We just know that he's re-visiting memories to understand him better, and that he's trapped again. Personally, I'm hoping he realizes that he has never been free, Abstergo needed him for more research, the Assassins needed him for their own needs and would have captured him first if they could, and now his own subconscious. Seeing Des going through this would be quite interesting.
Whoa, don't go jumping to conclusions there yourself, buddy.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Unfortunately, no. If only though, if only. I would get more connected to Desmond if Adam West voiced him.

Or Jack Black. I love him.

No one said anything about Adam West voicing Desmond. I wish you idiots would read what type.

4:47 to see what I'm talking about specifically. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jtCDbwuZOY) The quality isn't as good as the games quality, but it still sounds like Adam West a little bit.

NewBlade200
08-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:
@ProdiGurl:
Whoa, don't go jumping to conclusions there yourself, buddy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm not jumping to conclusions, I'm just saying I'd like to see that.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 10:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:
@ProdiGurl:
Whoa, don't go jumping to conclusions there yourself, buddy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm not jumping to conclusions, I'm just saying I'd like to see that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The difference is the Assassin's gave him the choice. That's what they're all about. that kind of plot thread doesn't fit in here.

LightRey
08-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
The difference is the Assassin's gave him the choice. That's what they're all about. that kind of plot thread doesn't fit in here.
Exactly. This isn't about eventually finding out the people you thought were your allies are just another enemy of some kind. I wouldn't say Desmond would not eventually end up having a somewhat different viewpoint than the (current) Assassin order has, but I believe that if that were to happen, he would change the order accordingly rather than defying it.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Exactly. This isn't about eventually finding out the people you thought were your allies are just another enemy of some kind. I wouldn't say Desmond would not eventually end up having a somewhat different viewpoint than the (current) Assassin order has, but I believe that if that were to happen, he would change the order accordingly rather than defying it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes. I'm expecting that the modern Assassin's Order has somewhat lost its way, and that Desmond will use all the knowledge he gained from living through almost an entire lifetime of wisdom to guide them to defeat the Templars. I really expect him to become a far better character after all of this.

NewBlade200
08-20-2011, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:

The difference is the Assassin's gave him the choice. That's what they're all about. that kind of plot thread doesn't fit in here. But what if Des wanted to leave and pretend it never happened, what would the others say? What about the guys in charge? Would they let the rest of the world burn for one man's freedom? If he tried to leave they would have had to stop him.

LightRey
08-20-2011, 11:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

The difference is the Assassin's gave him the choice. That's what they're all about. that kind of plot thread doesn't fit in here. But what if Des wanted to leave and pretend it never happened, what would the others say? What about the guys in charge? Would they let the rest of the world burn for one man's freedom? If he tried to leave they would have had to stop him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Knowing just how stubborn the assassins seem to be about such things, yes. Or at least in Ezio's time they would have, so I expect them not to have deviated from those ideals too much since then.

Regardless, what Calvarok said is exactly what I'm thinking. I think it's also kind of what happened in Ezio's time. I think Desmond will eventually take up a role in the order similar to what Ezio's was and be "exactly what the brotherhood needed".

Poodle_of_Doom
08-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Wow... this got derailed...

Black_Widow9
08-21-2011, 01:48 PM
I just looked Adam West up on IMDb and he's done many voices for video games but Assassin's Creed isn't on there at all. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Since you guys can't stay on Topic I'm going to lock this. I would suggest you don't hijack other people's Threads unless you want to be suspended.