PDA

View Full Version : Strange crashes with IL-2

SanguineI
08-28-2006, 07:53 PM
I originally brought this up on dfi-street.com and they directed me here. I had some weird issues with this game. MY computer is more than capable of handling this game (AMD X2 4200+ @ 2600mHz, xfx 7800gt @ 500/1200, 2gb OCZ Platinum), but lately when I exit the game windows gets frozen.

By frozen I mean I can still move my cursor around but I can't click anything, its like all the applications are stuck.

I tried a different way of exiting the game by alt-tabbing, testing to see that windows was in fact not frozen up or anything, then killed the IL-2 process and windows froze. Something about going from 3D mode to 2D has my rig upset.

Anyone know how to solve such a thing? Its driving me crazy because I'm just starting to get into this game but whenever this happens I have to restart the computer.

SanguineI
08-28-2006, 07:53 PM
I originally brought this up on dfi-street.com and they directed me here. I had some weird issues with this game. MY computer is more than capable of handling this game (AMD X2 4200+ @ 2600mHz, xfx 7800gt @ 500/1200, 2gb OCZ Platinum), but lately when I exit the game windows gets frozen.

By frozen I mean I can still move my cursor around but I can't click anything, its like all the applications are stuck.

I tried a different way of exiting the game by alt-tabbing, testing to see that windows was in fact not frozen up or anything, then killed the IL-2 process and windows froze. Something about going from 3D mode to 2D has my rig upset.

Anyone know how to solve such a thing? Its driving me crazy because I'm just starting to get into this game but whenever this happens I have to restart the computer.

PF_Coastie
08-28-2006, 08:42 PM
What version of the game are you playing?

If it is 4.05m, then it could be the Boonty exe file.

steve_v
08-28-2006, 09:05 PM
To avoid guessing, I suggest you start a new thread in the tech forum and post your dxdiag with it. Click here for DxDiag_Instructions (http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/system.htm)

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=49310655

As Coastie stated, need to know which version.