PDA

View Full Version : Whose Ready for the next game!? anyone know anything about the next one?????

WHEEZYWINS
11-23-2010, 04:58 AM
so after i beat the game and about died because of how suprising the ending was i couldn't stop thinking of the next game or where this one will take place...i'm hoping for a new assassin...any ideas or thoughts or if you have anything on ubisofts latest assassin project please let me know!!

glenneey
11-23-2010, 05:00 AM
All i know is that its not coming until at least 2012

DGLee12
11-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Probably 72 days before December 12 2012 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Elatreus
11-23-2010, 01:32 PM
It's looking likely that the next game will see us go back to revolutionary France from what I've been reading.

jimbo11235813
11-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Elatreus:
It's looking likely that the next game will see us go back to revolutionary France from what I've been reading. Wasn't that the suspected era that AC2 would be in? I hope its in the UK, cities including London and...and...TBH I don't know any other exciting cities in the UK that would be good for the AC series (I should be ashamed being English.) But, I still think it should be in the UK (whatever era).

Elatreus
11-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by jimbo_323:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Elatreus:
It's looking likely that the next game will see us go back to revolutionary France from what I've been reading. Wasn't that the suspected era that AC2 would be in? I hope its in the UK, like London and...and...TBH I don't know any other good cities in the UK (I should be ashamed being English.) But, I still think it should be in the UK (whatever era). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

[SPOILERS BELOW]
Well the end of Brotherhood made it seem likley that it would be set in France. When all those symbols appear when Desmond touches the apple. Shaun mentions two of those symbols "Phrygian cap" and the "Masonic eye" and he says they only appear together in one place, then he's suddenly froze before he can finish his sentence.

Well those two symbols appear on the Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen, a doucment that was written during the French Revolution in the 18th Century. So, that does seem to point to the fact ACIII may be in France next.

SPROGGY
11-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Not sure that time period particularly interests me. At least not as it pertains to France. Of course they could still do some cool things with it. I think the american revolution would be cool. Guerilla warfare was the name of the game for us back then. Perfect for assassins. It would be cool to see something a little different. Maybe some travel to asia(no...not ninjas) or africa.

mad_god87
11-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Old england.....boreing in my opinion...maby something like China or Japan right before they started to modernize everything...seen the pic of the assassin set in Japan that someone did in the fan art section and it looked amazing.

Pattington_Bear
11-23-2010, 02:15 PM
thing like China or Japan right before they started to modernize everything...seen the pic of the assassin set in Japan that someone did in the fan art section and it looked amazing.

Can people please shut up about China and Japan, England has a really rich history, and is actually really interesting, I think it would be a really good concept.

BK-110
11-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Jaiszon:
Probably 72 days before December 12 2012 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

That -- or on December 12th -- would be awesome.

Originally posted by Pattington_Bear:
Can people please shut up about China and Japan, England has a really rich history, and is actually really interesting, I think it would be a really good concept.

Hey, it's called an opinion and people are just as entitled to theirs as you are to yours.

Personally, I would be interested in many settings.

One of the things I like about the idea with Japan is that Assassin battle tactics and fighting style would be very unusual in feudal Japan and thus rather ninja-ish, as ninja would often use nontraditional methods as well as guerrilla warfare.

Of course, many other settings, such as Victorian England might be just as interesting.

Pattington_Bear
11-23-2010, 02:28 PM
I know, I understand opinions, and I accept them.

Although I hear it so much...

bsmith239
11-23-2010, 03:15 PM
They should set it in england during Jack the Rippers time period. That would be pretty epic.

E-Zekiel
11-23-2010, 04:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo_323:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Elatreus:
It's looking likely that the next game will see us go back to revolutionary France from what I've been reading. Wasn't that the suspected era that AC2 would be in? I hope its in the UK, like London and...and...TBH I don't know any other good cities in the UK (I should be ashamed being English.) But, I still think it should be in the UK (whatever era). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

[SPOILERS BELOW]
Well the end of Brotherhood made it seem likley that it would be set in France. When all those symbols appear when Desmond touches the apple. Shaun mentions two of those symbols "Phrygian cap" and the "Masonic eye" and he says they only appear together in one place, then he's suddenly froze before he can finish his sentence.

Well those two symbols appear on the Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen, a doucment that was written during the French Revolution in the 18th Century. So, that does seem to point to the fact ACIII may be in France next. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They appear together on American money. Sooo.

ParnhamBoy16
11-24-2010, 10:56 AM
I don't see why there has to be another assassin. The point of this series was for desmond to track down the apple of eden and stop the templars in 2012. He was put into the animus to visit his ancestors and find out where the piece of eden was.

I dont see why he would have to get back into the animus and visit another ancestor. I think the story should now be about desmond becoming and 21st century assassin and taking down the templars.

salted onions
11-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Parnhamboy18:
I don't see why there has to be another assassin. The point of this series was for desmond to track down the apple of eden and stop the templars in 2012. He was put into the animus to visit his ancestors and find out where the piece of eden was.

I dont see why he would have to get back into the animus and visit another ancestor. I think the story should now be about desmond becoming and 21st century assassin and taking down the templars.

Well while there should be a larger focus on Desmond, in my opinion there was just too many open mysteries that need solving, and to solve them memories from the past are needed.

At the moment, they know about the Templar Satellite Launch to control the world in 72 days, and the fact that a solar flare will destroy the world once again like it has before, many thousands of years ago. They know that the key to saving the world from this celestial doomsday is through temples, who's whereabouts are not even known.

They are outnumbered and outgunned by the Templars, and I do not think one apple faced against an Templar army of assassins, trained through the Animus aka ACB Multiplayer, will turn the tide of the battle. Desmond, one of the Assassin's only hope just stabbed his only, and his closest friend/love interest, and will probably not be in the right state of mind come AC3 or whatever game Ubisoft comes up with next to stall the ending of the series. So yeah, they have a lot of explaining to do.

jcoyle_hull
11-24-2010, 11:16 AM
The game will no doubt have another assassin in the animus if they get rid of that the game will die, the game is as good as it is because of its rich historical era's and the secrets they tie around history. If they made it all about desmond if would be boring mission 1 find the templar base, mission 2 infiltrate it, mission 3 fight the bosses, mission 4 save the world the end.

japan and china just sounds silly i dont see how the assassins would end up there and the assassins would be competing with ninjas as they can do the same job, china would have no free running because of the style of buildings, i think france is a good idea but i also think spain/portugal is as ACB ended in spain, correct me if im wrong, also ive thought of the idea of the spanish colonising the new world ( America ) if the templars had moved into spain and gone over to america to visit the mayan/aztec temples they would be fighting a war with the natives which would keep them preoccupied giving the assassins space to work there magic through the templar ranks.

TheXenon
11-24-2010, 12:08 PM
ACB was such a big let down for me in terms of single player, I hope they don't try to make another game if they're gonna pull this kind of crap again. AC2 was a huge improvement over the first I don't know what they were thinking when they made acb. Probably smoking up and getting drunk. Such morons.

Tuck2103
11-24-2010, 12:17 PM
I hope AC3 will continue Desmond's story, as he kills templars all over the world while renovating Africa, which has become decripped under the templar influence.
I'd love to see Africa turn into a booming continent with all Third-World problems solved.

nukelukespuke34
11-24-2010, 12:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">thing like China or Japan right before they started to modernize everything...seen the pic of the assassin set in Japan that someone did in the fan art section and it looked amazing.

Can people please shut up about China and Japan, England has a really rich history, and is actually really interesting, I think it would be a really good concept. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

China and Japan has a really rich history and is really interesting too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

jcoyle_hull
11-24-2010, 12:39 PM
quote:

quote:
thing like China or Japan right before they started to modernize everything...seen the pic of the assassin set in Japan that someone did in the fan art section and it looked amazing.

China and Japan has a really rich history and is really interesting too.
<STRIKE> </STRIKE>

But can you honestly see assassins running around been stabbed by ninjas in the dark ? and samurais walking around who were expert killers of there time and we have to kill them ?

PhiIs1618033
11-24-2010, 01:01 PM
For any of the 'not in the animus'-guys:
SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER
Haven't you paid attention throughout the credits of the game?
Guy 1: "We have to put him back in the Animus."
Guy 2: "No, that's what made him like this in the first place."
Guy 1:"It's the only thing that can fix him."
Desmond (weakly): "No..."

That's the final line of the game. I wonder, is it really Desmond? Have we been reliving memories in memories?

Original.k0br4
11-26-2010, 01:01 PM
All these ideas, my mind is unwravelling!..

Wind91
11-26-2010, 01:38 PM
that would be too complex.

they probably found the group on the floor, lucy bleeding and desmond with the apple + blade - you assume he went crazy because of the animus. they dont know, nor did anyone else, that the apple activated and desmond was forced to kill lucy for the greater good.

Also, i think those images are irrelevant. We are suppose to go to French Revolution for TWO STUPID SYMBOLS? No. there's 72 days left, Desmond has to find the temples, the doorway to the Path, the woman he is meant to fall in love with and marry, and save the world in 72 days.

Animus, be gone. And no, setting the game in present day doesn't ruin the series. If anything Ubisoft can create their own fictional future - Abstergo is fiction however they have a advanced level of tech that isn't remotely realistic as such you can make you're own version of 2012 and beyond. Keeping the game in the animus would kill it

Dagio12
11-26-2010, 01:54 PM
i dont think it makes to much sense to have the next game be just about desmond. the gameplay would have to change so drastically it wouldnt even feel like assassins creed anymore. ive heard people talking about being to climb on the empire state buiding etc.... i just dont think that would work. building structure and placement just doesnt make since in the USA with the type of gameplay assassins creed is known for. With the weapons on modern times, as well as police and all the laws and the way american culture is... it just wouldnt be the same game.. not even close. I love the rich history of the AC games. I would love to see a new character ( doesnt mean desmond cant make appearances.. he can help track down another modern assassin who gets placed in the animus to relive their ancestors memories..)

a game set in France, England, or Spain, maybe anytime between 16th and 18th centurey would be awesome.

i also really think something in 16th - 18th century Japan would be incredible. lots of amazing structures for climbing. Whos to say that the assassins guild cant work hand in hand with "ninjas" or even be what people perceive as "ninjas" of there time. with black robes instead of white with the option of a face cover for those night time away from civilian missions. I dont know, i think that could work really well. I know in AC2 they made reference to those 6 assassins and one of them was asian so....

but if i had my pick.. i would probably stick with what makes AC so original.. France, Spain, England.. maybe even Egypt.. and stick to the times anywhere from 16th - 19th century.

Wind91
11-26-2010, 02:06 PM
there's easy workaround to prevent the player from climbing the empire state building. Climibing fatigue? just put a limit on how high you can climb before they fall.

Weapons work AC2/B had a gun for crying out loud. The building layout was also fictional in AC's you really think they had perfect roofs for free running? Cops would be like guards dont makem suspicious. If they see someone runniing around on roofs usually they dont do squat cause Parkour is actually real. They will yell like guards in game, people will also say things like http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gifmg you crazy wacko!!"

They wanna make AC go for as long as possible, how many notable historical events do you know that can be used for AC? Remember we cant go back in time only more forward. Considering how good a job ubi does with AC, a present day setting will be fine.

Pattington_Bear
11-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
For any of the 'not in the animus'-guys:
SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER
Haven't you paid attention throughout the credits of the game?
Guy 1: "We have to put him back in the Animus."
Guy 2: "No, that's what made him like this in the first place."
Guy 1:"It's the only thing that can fix him."
Desmond (weakly): "No..."

That's the final line of the game. I wonder, is it really Desmond? Have we been reliving memories in memories?

Like Inception (dream within a dream) it's another possible theory. But could the two men be William and Eduitoro(can't remember how to spell his name) from the mysterious emails.

Dagio12
11-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Wind91:
there's easy workaround to prevent the player from climbing the empire state building. Climibing fatigue? just put a limit on how high you can climb before they fall.

Weapons work AC2/B had a gun for crying out loud. The building layout was also fictional in AC's you really think they had perfect roofs for free running? Cops would be like guards dont makem suspicious. If they see someone runniing around on roofs usually they dont do squat cause Parkour is actually real. They will yell like guards in game, people will also say things like http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gifmg you crazy wacko!!"

They wanna make AC go for as long as possible, how many notable historical events do you know that can be used for AC? Remember we cant go back in time only more forward. Considering how good a job ubi does with AC, a present day setting will be fine.

i see what you are saying.. i just dont think modern day new york city makes for a very plausible environment to act the way the assassins did back in the day. with cell phones, walkie talkies, cops.. etc, you would stand a chance making up the empire state building or whatever and have a chance in hell to escape. now i could see them making it modern day and using desmond in a more adventurous way. where desmond travels the world to all the temple locations and using his social stealth skills, sneak into these templars and a la assassin tombs fashion, climb and maneuver his way through while stealthily defeating guards in search for the apple or whatever. but as far as running through downtown new york or chicago and scaling buildings while doing a leap of faith into a hotdog stand.. just doesnt seem as real or plausible in todays time. i hope that makes things a little more clear on my perspective.

Wind91
11-26-2010, 03:27 PM
i see you're point, but i think you're just assuming that that's what would be involved, when in reality im pretty sure it's going to be just like you said - itll be an adventurous way my friend http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Open world works well with modern day look at infamous/infamous 2 it's a different story but the setting and structure/limitations would be similar to a modern take on AC

xXxDAL978xXx
11-26-2010, 05:01 PM
I've heard the next game is coming out NEXT YEAR !!!!!

http://www.xbox360achievements...firmed-for-2011.html (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-6980-Assassin-s-Creed--Brotherhood-is-Ubi-s--Best-Selling-Launch-Title-Ever----New-AC-Confirmed-for-2011.html)

AeroElim
11-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by TheXenon:
ACB was such a big let down for me in terms of single player, I hope they don't try to make another game if they're gonna pull this kind of crap again. AC2 was a huge improvement over the first I don't know what they were thinking when they made acb. Probably smoking up and getting drunk. Such morons.

I hope this was a joke.

ACB was BY FAR the best Assassin's Creed.

Redfeather1975
11-26-2010, 06:01 PM
The next AC will be a prequel.

It is Desmond on a pony ranch as a boy.

You get to brush, bathe and apply cool decals to your ponies. Then you can race them against your friend Lars Templeton, in order to win cash prizes at the fair that you can use to renovate mom and pop's ranch.

At the end of the game, while climbing a tree....

EDIT: Sorry for spoiling it OACFB. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

OGCFB
11-26-2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks for telling me how assassins creed: desmonds ranch ends you game spoiler...

Wind91
11-26-2010, 06:18 PM
i dont think ACB is the best by far, i think the single-player was not as focused as the other two. To be honest i think Desmond's parts are what saved the single-player in terms of focus and epic feeling. The multiplayer obviously shows that they can do it for the AC franchise and hopefully build on it for AC3. But singleplayer? Besides some missions and the potential of the brotherhood system i think it was not as good as AC2. The villains were not imposing at all, in AC2 you hated and couldnt wait to kill them but in ACB cesare was like some annoying turd who didnt even put up a decent boss fight.

Radman500
11-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Posted Tue November 23 2010 12:55 Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimbo_323:
quote:
It's looking likely that the next game will see us go back to revolutionary France from what I've been reading.
Wasn't that the suspected era that AC2 would be in? I hope its in the UK, like London and...and...TBH I don't know any other good cities in the UK (I should be ashamed being English.) But, I still think it should be in the UK (whatever era).

[SPOILERS BELOW]
We

i rather have colonial/revolutionary america than old england