PDA

View Full Version : Confused with Codex Pages

SinVansant2
04-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Im on Chapter 14 and I have 17 Codex pages up on the wall and 24/30 found / decrypted. Ive done all the view points in every city and I am unable to locate the last 6. Ive noticed during gameplay there were a few "guarded rooms" that had a codex page symbol but only gave me money, Is this something I need to recheck out? Any tips on what to do? I can give page numbers if anyone is willing to help me out with this one.

SinVansant2
04-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Also to add, I have been searching for this for about a week now reading what people say "oh check this and check that, note that I have been in every city atleast 30 times looking for these =(. I want to beat the game some time soon.

shimpaku
04-19-2010, 09:47 PM
A quote from the IGN guide on sequence 14:

"Before you can really start this memory sequence, you need to first collect and have deciphered all thirty of the game's codex pages. They're scattered throughout the many maps of the game, and if you haven't been collecting them you'll need to do a lot of traveling. Though there are thirty codex pages in total, you should already have 14 of them just by playing through the game. The other 16 are distributed between the other cities as follows: Venice - 6, Florence - 5, Tuscany - 2, Forli - 3."

Don't know what else to tell you as I had no problem whatsoever in finding them all. Of course, I'm sure that's the last thing you want to hear. You'll find them, just keep looking as they are all marked on the maps.
Good luck....

elaine8405
04-19-2010, 09:53 PM
The assassination contract symbol and the codex page symbol are very similar. Might want to re-check each city & those symbols to be sure you haven't overlooked codex pages on the assumption they were assassination contracts.

SinVansant2
04-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Ive cleared out the notorious so there were no other symbols that may even appear close to it, ive zoomed in and scanned across each map and roamed around and nothing is to be seen in relation to the codex pages, Do i have to do the special missions like assassination, beat up, ect? could I be glitched or something? Im ready to just start over and try again but thats alot of time waisted. are they supposed to be seen on the maps as plain as day? so confused..

Skier from Hell
04-23-2010, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by shimpaku:

"Before you can really start this memory sequence, you need to first collect and have deciphered all thirty of the game's codex pages. They're scattered throughout the many maps of the game, and if you haven't been collecting them you'll need to do a lot of traveling. Though there are thirty codex pages in total, you should already have 14 of them just by playing through the game. The other 16 are distributed between the other cities as follows: Venice - 6, Florence - 5, Tuscany - 2, Forli - 3."

Don't know what else to tell you as I had no problem whatsoever in finding them all. Of course, I'm sure that's the last thing you want to hear. You'll find them, just keep looking as they are all marked on the maps.
Good luck....
The problem I have is deciphering the 30 Codex pages on the wall. I'm not quite sure what is required of Ezio. All I can see is a load of (almost) blank squares and even when I use eagle eye I still havn't a clue what I'm supposed to be looking for.

Skier from Hell
04-23-2010, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by snowblader:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shimpaku:

Good luck....
The problem I have is deciphering the 30 Codex pages on the wall. I'm not quite sure what is required of Ezio. All I can see is a load of (almost) blank squares and even when I use eagle eye I still havn't a clue what I'm supposed to be looking for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Problem solved. I've got a clear idea of what to do now, after peeping at a Codex Wall 'spoiler' post. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TheLeoCrow
04-24-2010, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by SinVansant2:
[...]Do i have to do the special missions like assassination, beat up, ect?[...]

If i remember correctly, some codex pages are given to you from various assassinations etc. But since you say you didn't do the assassinations, you should really pay attention to what elaine said: The contract and the codex symbols are too similar in the map. And besides, some codex symbols may be covered by another symbol from something that is on the same building. Have you bought all the treasure maps from the art merchants?

ilias758
04-28-2010, 02:46 AM
i have the same problem i have colected 23/30 codex but i need a little more help ,,,,thnaks a lot

elaine8405
04-28-2010, 07:31 AM
Be sure to do all viewpoints; they reveal any codex pages that are nearby.

Some pages are received via assassinations, but only mission-related ones, not assassination contracts.

Double-check map symbols; codex pages & assassination contracts have similar ones.

Double-check your inventory for any undeciphered pages. If you have any, go to Leonardo to decipher them.

Those are the only suggestions I have. Good luck.

XxR3p3rXx
04-30-2010, 05:00 AM
SPOILER**once you collected all the codex + they are on the wall you must do eagle vision and you should turn all the pages into a map of the world.

pipesito.123
05-02-2010, 05:02 PM
en esifrar la secuencia de la verdad

goosalini
05-07-2010, 03:58 AM
hi... I just signed up here i've had this game for about 8 months, and i've collected all the codex pages etc... does anybody know how to solve that codex puzzle on the wall...

patrickgerry
05-08-2010, 04:01 PM
SPOILER** Turn on eagle vision. Make sure to align the borders of the map for the outer pages. For the inner pages make sure the Assassin's creed symbols that looks like an anchor are aligned.

tmule23
05-19-2010, 04:09 PM
I have found 29/30 codex pages but i cant find the last one ( its codex page number 5 ).. I searched everywhere still i cant find it.. Im getting desperate.. I looked in every city, i filter the map to look only for codex pages and still i cant find it.. Help me guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

itsjelena
06-19-2010, 08:48 AM
You should try the mountains and Venice - part of the city which is located on far north of the map. Those are the ones I always miss.

jayceeiv
06-20-2010, 01:08 AM
i found all codex pages and put them in order and i place of the world map but im still stuck how do you find out where you have to go

itsjelena
06-20-2010, 01:59 AM
Did you put the apple on the "apple holder thingy"? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

It's right next to the codex wall.