PDA

View Full Version : Speed up hack + ATI question

flyinj
08-14-2003, 09:55 PM
Has anyone made a hack that allows time acceleration to go above 8x? I'm sorry, but I only get about 1 hour every 2 days to game, and I really want to play the campaign in this game. Even if I use the "TargetDistance=01" line in the .ini, it still picks targets that take about 10 minutes to get to at 8X speed. I even tried starting in the air, but my flight still circles the field about 9 times as the CAP gets up to altitude. The worst thing about it is that one out of every 3 times I get shot down by flak immediately upon getting to the target. Is there ANY WAY to get faster accel than 8x?

I would LOVE a "jump to next action point" button like Battle of Britain and Mig Alley had.

And my second question- in the latest patch, they say you HAVE to use Catalyst 3.4 drivers. I really hate to have to install these damn things every time I want to play. Someone mentioned that you only really needed one file copied into the IL2:FB directory to get it to work with a later driver set. Is this true?

flyinj
08-14-2003, 09:55 PM
Has anyone made a hack that allows time acceleration to go above 8x? I'm sorry, but I only get about 1 hour every 2 days to game, and I really want to play the campaign in this game. Even if I use the "TargetDistance=01" line in the .ini, it still picks targets that take about 10 minutes to get to at 8X speed. I even tried starting in the air, but my flight still circles the field about 9 times as the CAP gets up to altitude. The worst thing about it is that one out of every 3 times I get shot down by flak immediately upon getting to the target. Is there ANY WAY to get faster accel than 8x?

I would LOVE a "jump to next action point" button like Battle of Britain and Mig Alley had.

And my second question- in the latest patch, they say you HAVE to use Catalyst 3.4 drivers. I really hate to have to install these damn things every time I want to play. Someone mentioned that you only really needed one file copied into the IL2:FB directory to get it to work with a later driver set. Is this true?

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 10:05 PM
ATI question, I am using the latest CAT (3.6?) with no problems. The readme file stated that if you wanted to use perfect settings you needed to go back to 3.4. I can use perfect but I do get some strange artifacts but I am happy with all excellent until this is sorted.

Time acceleration, I have not idea.

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 11:39 PM
Yeah. I only use Perfect for screenshots anyway. I'd rather wait for Cat 3.7 then going back to 3.4 just for FB.

http://www.student.richmond.edu/~vk5qa/images/forumsig.jpg

"Come on in, I'll treat you right. I used to know your daddy."

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 12:33 AM
You may want to try playing the downloadable Experten campaign - the distance-to-target area is much shorter for most missions (usually about 10 minutes real-time) so should be pretty quick at 8x time compression

Wir sind die schwarzen Husaren der Luft,
Die Stukas, die Stukas, die Stukas.

... "Stuka-Lied"

flyinj
08-15-2003, 12:46 AM
Where is this campaign available? Can I get a link?

Also, what exactly are the differences between perfect and the next step down? Do you not get shiny water? Is the lighting missing?

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 01:14 AM
its(the campaign)at mudmovers.i assume you have it bookmarked.

After it was refeuled i climbed in.With many manipulations the mechcanics started the turbines.I followed their actions with the greatest of interest.The first one started quite easily.the second caught fire.In no time the whole engine was on fire.Luckily as a fighter pilot i was used to getting quickly out of the cockpit.The fire was quickly put out.The second plane caused no trouble - Adolf Galland (first time in a ME262)

Message Edited on 08/15/0312:23AM by JG52_wunsch

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 01:54 AM
flyinj wrote:
- Where is this campaign available? Can I get a link?
-

http://www.mudmovers.com/

- Also, what exactly are the differences between
- perfect and the next step down? Do you not get shiny
- water? Is the lighting missing?
-
-

Not sure exactly - I'm sure somebody here can detail it for you - I tried it a while back but frankly liked the "excellent" settings better (at least as far as the river water goes - "Perfect" does give some pretty cool water effects for the big lakes/seas type bodies of water but it makes the rivers look too blue/shiny for my taste (at least before the patch - haven't tried "perfect" with the patch yet) - also, I wasn't too crazy about the lighting on the individual trees in "perfect" pre-patch - seemed like they picked up too much light/reflection and stood out too much from the surrounding plains, at least for my taste. Best bet is simply to try both and see what you like best.

Wir sind die schwarzen Husaren der Luft,
Die Stukas, die Stukas, die Stukas.

... "Stuka-Lied"

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 01:56 AM
Hey you may want to use the omega drivers version of the cats i hear it works with no problems plus i would love to see the quality out of those drivers... i bet its great.

oh well hope that helps.

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 10:37 AM
Oleg has explained that it is not possible to go above an 8x speed increase or have a 'jump to' feature, due to all the objects having to move through their pre-programmed actions. No CPU could handle it.

I'd never join a club that would have ME as a member!!.