PDA

View Full Version : Robyn

quincunx1964
07-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Whatever happened to Robyn Miller, where's he and what has been up to these past few years.

Jeff

quincunx1964
07-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Whatever happened to Robyn Miller, where's he and what has been up to these past few years.

Jeff

CosmicFawn
07-19-2005, 05:02 PM
That's a good question, we haven't heard from him in a while and my brian is drawing a blank as to what he was leaving to do.

larsschermer
07-20-2005, 05:00 AM
Robyn went on to pursue a new medium, movies. He is currently working on his own project called "green tea" funded through the money he made from Riven. Richard Vander Wende, is also working with movies. Personally I think the Myst franchise lost a whole lot when Richard and Robyn went on there way, I wish they€d come back for the final chapter.

the_fibber
08-16-2005, 06:36 AM
Well, while I admit Robyn and Richard added an awful lot to the series, that's a bit of a tough call to say the series lost a lot when they left.

Consider that the next two myst games, exile and revelation where made by presto and ubisoft montreal respectively, rather than cyan. So in actual fact, we lost Robyn Richard AND Rand all at once. If the series lost anything (and I would slightly agree that it had) then it's actually because it wasn't in Cyan's hands at the time. Nothing to do with Robyn and Richard leaving.

THe only Cyan product we've seen pioneered by Rand alone is Uru, a project that was aiming for something totally different, which makes it a lot harder to judge.

THe only way to tell if the series has lost anything is to see how End of Ages turns out, because that's the first true myst game we'll see with just Rand at the helm.

-Nikolai-
08-18-2005, 02:09 PM
Robyn recently released a CD with a guy called Keith Moore called Ambo: 1000 Years and 1 Day. It is available at:Ambo: 1 Thousand Years and a Day (http://cdbaby.com/cd/ambo)

It's a good listen, IMO.

As for Land of Point(I think that was the name), Robyn's company that did the Myst and Riven CD art, and think that's no longer around, but I'm not positive of that.