PDA

View Full Version : Suggested setting for a future AC title

spikebrennan
12-29-2010, 07:58 AM
I think that the 1770-1790 time period would be an excellent setting for an Assassin's Creed title. The time period comprises both the French and American revolutions, the tail end of the pirate/musketeer/Rob Roy MacGregor era of swashbuckling and the beginning of the modern era.

If a game were to be set in that time period, among the locations that could be visited are:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>London
<LI>Paris
<LI>Versailles
<LI>Philadelphia (imagine climbing up Independence Hall)
<LI>Boston
<LI>New Orleans, or perhaps Charlestown, South Carolina
<LI>A West Indies destination
[/list]

Among the historical characters with whom the player could interact could be:
[LIST]
<LI>Benjamin Franklin (who, naturally, would be the "Leonardo" equivalent)
<LI>Voltaire
<LI>Thomas Jefferson
<LI>Adam Weishaupt (founder of the Bavarian Illuminati, which could possibly be connected with the Templars in the game setting)
<LI>William Pitt
<LI>Samuel Johnson
<LI>Benedict Arnold
<LI>Aaron Burr
<LI>James Watt
<LI>Napoleon
<LI>Joseph Priestly
<LI>Robespierre
<LI>Antoine Lavoisier
<LI>Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
<LI>The Montgolfier brothers (the first balloonists)
<LI>Jean-Paul Marat (possibly as an assassination target)
<LI>James Cook (as a background character, perhaps the return of one of his voyages could coincide with the player's visit to London)

The potential for political intrigue in this time period is obvious. There's also the involvement in Masonic lodges by many prominent figures of the day, which dovetails into the existing assassin conspiracy vs. templar conspiracy themes of the existing franchise.

bkb34
12-29-2010, 09:13 AM
I would like to see a NEW ORLEANS setting, that would definitely be a fresh approach IMO... I can't think of any games that are set there (other than 1 HITMAN (not sure which one) level, where you kill people dressed like chickens) I know it probably wouldn't happen, but I think NAWLINS would have a lot to offer if they did it right...

beatledude210
12-29-2010, 09:31 AM
I agree, i was split between French revolution and American Revolution, but you found a way so they could mesh. I think your setiing would be perfect for Ac3

bkb34
12-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by beatledude210:
I agree, i was split between French revolution and American Revolution, but you found a way so they could mesh. I think your setiing would be perfect for Ac3

Exactamundo!!!!

spikebrennan
12-29-2010, 09:46 AM
Significantly, some of the important characters (such as Franklin, Jefferson and Lafayette) spent time both in America and in France during that period, so there can be justification for using both sides of the Atlantic even though they're geographically distant.

Some more interesting individuals from this time period:
<LI> Toussaint L'Ouverture (Haitian revolutionary)
<LI> Rachel Wall (female pirate)
<LI> Sandy Flash (highwayman who operated outside Philadelphia)
<LI> Daniel Boone
<LI> Donatien Alphonse François, Marquis de Sade

spikebrennan
12-29-2010, 09:57 AM
And if part of the game is set in New Orleans, imagine how cool it would be if it were set on March 21, 1788 ((the day the city was on fire) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_New_Orleans_Fire_(1788))

bkb34
12-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by spikebrennan:
And if part of the game is set in New Orleans, imagine how cool it would be if it were set on March 21, 1788 ((the day the city was on fire) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_New_Orleans_Fire_(1788))

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif that would be superbad*ss...

Inorganic9_2
12-29-2010, 10:16 AM
Do we really need another one of these threads?

Jarek23
12-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
Do we really need another one of these threads?

bkb34
12-29-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by jarek231980:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
Do we really need another one of these threads? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not? Don't read it, if you don't want to http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif At least we're not talking about Feudal Japan, that horse has been ridden to death... There's no harm in this thread and, at least to my knowledge, no one has talked about New Orleans being a good location. It really would work well, if they do it right...

Inorganic9_2
12-29-2010, 10:47 AM
It's not that I don't want ot read it, I just see these threads all the time. Just post in a sticky or something.

HarlequinsRus
12-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by spikebrennan:
I think that the 1770-1790 time period would be an excellent setting for an Assassin's Creed title. The time period comprises both the French and American revolutions, the tail end of the pirate/musketeer/Rob Roy MacGregor era of swashbuckling and the beginning of the modern era.

If a game were to be set in that time period, among the locations that could be visited are:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>London
<LI>Paris
<LI>Versailles
<LI>Philadelphia (imagine climbing up Independence Hall)
<LI>Boston
<LI>New Orleans, or perhaps Charlestown, South Carolina
<LI>A West Indies destination
[/list]

Among the historical characters with whom the player could interact could be:
[LIST]
<LI>Benjamin Franklin (who, naturally, would be the "Leonardo" equivalent)
<LI>Voltaire
<LI>Thomas Jefferson
<LI>Adam Weishaupt (founder of the Bavarian Illuminati, which could possibly be connected with the Templars in the game setting)
<LI>William Pitt
<LI>Samuel Johnson
<LI>Benedict Arnold
<LI>Aaron Burr
<LI>James Watt
<LI>Napoleon
<LI>Joseph Priestly
<LI>Robespierre
<LI>Antoine Lavoisier
<LI>Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
<LI>The Montgolfier brothers (the first balloonists)
<LI>Jean-Paul Marat (possibly as an assassination target)
<LI>James Cook (as a background character, perhaps the return of one of his voyages could coincide with the player's visit to London)

The potential for political intrigue in this time period is obvious. There's also the involvement in Masonic lodges by many prominent figures of the day, which dovetails into the existing assassin conspiracy vs. templar conspiracy themes of the existing franchise.
I agree 100%, maybe the assassins could plant the ideas of the enlightenment, it turns out Voltaire was an assassin, and maybe whoever the Main character is could kill Robespierre... or something like that. Basically the assassins would be on the side of the revolutionaries, the templars in favor of the absolute monarchies and old ways. It would allow the developers to have lots of creative freedom

justinlee13
12-31-2010, 04:08 AM
The new game should Be Desmond in modern day New York City a.k.a. New Babylon. They are in the process now of building the new tower of Babylon where the old WTC buildings once were.

TheSpectator
12-31-2010, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by justinlee13:
The new game should Be Desmond in modern day New York City a.k.a. New Babylon. They are in the process now of building the new tower of Babylon where the old WTC buildings once were.
NO!!!!!!!! just NO

bkb34
12-31-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by TheSpectator:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by justinlee13:
NO!!!!!!!! just NO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^ This.... Just NO!

beatledude210
12-31-2010, 04:52 PM
Pirates, Musketeers, And Revolutionaries, in Maps such as 1700's London, Paris, Versailles and early America cities, Like Philadelphia, Boston, and New Orleans, In an Assassin's Creed Game? Sounds awesome to me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

YoyoEyes
01-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by bkb34:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheSpectator:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by justinlee13:
NO!!!!!!!! just NO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^ This.... Just NO! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It would turn the game into a shooter and kind of take away the meaning. And there are several other things would change the game too much.

tyrce111
01-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Wasnt realy fond about american revolution in AC...
I dont know the first think about New Orleans.
Like the Idea of a new leonardo and some new gameplay mechanics.
Gonna go do some research!

Black_Widow9
01-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Please post this here-
Assassin's Creed 3 (and beyond) #2.0 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>