PDA

View Full Version : Is there something wrong with the new trailer?

Israfil_Hossain
09-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Hi everybody
this is my first post in this forum. i think there is something wrong with the new trailer and i want to know what do you guys think. what seems unusual to me is when everybody raised a toast, only one person didn't raise his glass and after some time he wanted to stand and fell down on the table with a knife on his back. my question is what he was doing when he was back stabbed. it seems he was enjoying the knife on his back. no reactions?? may be i am thinking wrong. could you please explain it to me. thanks in advance.

AnimationSensai
09-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Lol, i think he was kind of in shock that he was stabbed. I have a question though...when u see altair's reflection in the chalice another guy was looking right at where altair was looking at, don't u think he would have said something?!?

MrMoo333
09-26-2007, 04:50 PM
for the first guy, i think he knew it was coming, or he had been stabbed almost at the beggining, or maybe (because the knife is a throwing knife, it hit him right as the bell rang. and second guy, altair is just a man-beast like that, he still didnt see him

mbs284
09-26-2007, 05:05 PM
the blade in the mans back is altairs shortsword. this makes me wonder, will we be able to carry out assasinations with the shortsword? also did anyone else notice each sword was different, this could mean each of those people were from a different group comming together to as one.

KnightTemplar45
09-26-2007, 05:32 PM
Well when you see Altair in the cup, the guy is looking IN the cup. You see Altair on the side of the cup. But as for why the guy just chills there when he gets stabbed, who knows.

Zeusdude2020
09-26-2007, 05:42 PM
My theory on this is that he saw Altair on the cup, but, as he and the others have heard the rumors of him, he knew that he shouldn't tell everyone. He knew his time had come.

So when he got stabbed he knew if he gave a reaction they would notice and they would suspect, fear would overide their thoughts when they saw the knife, as they did later. So they guy just took it.

He was very wise...

Marek86
09-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by mbs284:
the blade in the mans back is altairs shortsword. this makes me wonder, will we be able to carry out assasinations with the shortsword? also did anyone else notice each sword was different, this could mean each of those people were from a different group comming together to as one.

It wasn't the short sword. That puppy probably measures around 2 ft long. (24 inches) It was surley a throwing knife. And the knights are definitley from different backrounds, if you listen you can here one man speak german various times throughout the trailer. And I'm geussing the man on the side of the guy with the cup simply didn't notice Altair. And they are a group, the very group of men you will be assassinating throughout the game.

Golani2007
09-26-2007, 06:19 PM
you know that you can be stabed and dont even notice?
maybe he didnt notice it (cause altair is that good) and only after standing up the wound started to effect on him!

Blind-Panda
09-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Marek86:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mbs284:

It wasn't the short sword. That puppy probably measures around 2 ft long. (24 inches) It was surley a throwing knife. And the knights are definitley from different backrounds, if you listen you can here one man speak german various times throughout the trailer. And I'm geussing the man on the side of the guy with the cup simply didn't notice Altair. And they are a group, the very group of men you will be assassinating throughout the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

totally agree with you, short sword would stick out of his chest.

I also think that this might be the coup that Altair screwed up. Altair was supossedly a master assassin, so it would be normal that they talk about him like that. Futhermore, isn't Altair supposed to bring back the feather after his mission, that would be a failure if he dropped it while leaving the crime scene...
And i saw Talal nowhere in this trailer, so they probalby are not the 9 target, tho some of them might be...

mbs284
09-26-2007, 07:04 PM
compare the hilt in his back to the hilt on his shortsword. heres some screen shots.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s228/mbs284/hilt.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s228/mbs284/assassins-creed-20070920083601799.jpg

mefninja
09-26-2007, 07:07 PM
people keep saying the knight are templars. but infact!!! they are Knights Hospitaller. jus wanted to clear that up.. btw im sure the templars badass in this game.

ooh and the blade you see coming out fo his back is too small to be the swordsword.. though the handle is the same.. im sure the handles on his throwing knifes are like that

mbs284
09-26-2007, 07:11 PM
ur right. maybe its his daggers that are attached to his chest

drfeelgood8849
09-26-2007, 07:11 PM
i think the gameplay graphics look better than the cut scene's. idk in the trailer the dont seem as realistic to me.

AnimationSensai
09-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Blind-Panda: That is exactly what i was thinking, lol. EXACTLY! I figured this was his first mission b4 he gets stripped of his master assassin title, but i didn't even think of the feather part!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Moseman894
09-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Well for the guy that got schenked it looks like he got hit in the spine area, so it would have stopped him from reacting very much.He probably stood and then took the hit from the knife.
I still think it's a throwing knife.

Blind-Panda
09-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by AnimationSensai:
Blind-Panda: That is exactly what i was thinking, lol. EXACTLY! I figured this was his first mission b4 he gets stripped of his master assassin title, but i didn't even think of the feather part!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

sweet so it's not because of my abuse during my teen years that I,m imaginating all that stuff !!!

MrMoo333
09-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Marek86:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mbs284:

It wasn't the short sword. That puppy probably measures around 2 ft long. (24 inches) It was surley a throwing knife. And the knights are definitley from different backrounds, if you listen you can here one man speak german various times throughout the trailer. And I'm geussing the man on the side of the guy with the cup simply didn't notice Altair. And they are a group, the very group of men you will be assassinating throughout the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif but i dont think, there was any german, the "NINE! NINE!" part i think was just trying to calm the nine down, or to get there attention and make a suggestion, but ingame you'll be assassinating people on both sides of the fence, so they all are definatly from different groups. And another thing, i doubt that this ever happens ingame, like this meeting, because most of those men are lading armies to destroy other men there, i think this ties in with the "white Room" where it isnt ingame, but there is a invisable bond and devilish connection between the men, so they are 'together' on this as they begin to fall

mefninja
09-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Didn't they say there was no cutscenes line this.. soo its not ingame if the statement jade said is true

Casstle
09-26-2007, 11:51 PM
nein=no in german

MrMoo333
09-27-2007, 07:28 AM
yeah i know, but i dont think he was saying no in german, i think he was talking to the nine

jonavoly
09-27-2007, 08:13 AM
And what about the "Das kan nicht so weitergehen..." in the begginning of the trailer? The crusaders were from all different backgrounds...

Lineman_5000
09-27-2007, 09:18 AM
Back to why the guy didn't call out, I think he knew he had a hit out on him and he just accepted it. You see him praying the rosery in it so I think he was making his peace with God before he died.

moqqy
09-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by MrMoo333:
yeah i know, but i dont think he was saying no in german, i think he was talking to the nine

It was probably german since someone talked german in the trailer before too. Why would you shout "NINE! NINE!"? That's silly:P

AldirTheKnight
09-27-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by moqqy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrMoo333:

It was probably german since someone talked german in the trailer before too. Why would you shout "NINE! NINE!"? That's silly:P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe they were playing medieval poker, before cards were invented http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

MeAltairLol
09-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by mbs284:
compare the hilt in his back to the hilt on his shortsword. heres some screen shots.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s228/mbs284/hilt.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s228/mbs284/assassins-creed-20070920083601799.jpg

Dammit ure good

Blind-Panda
09-27-2007, 01:22 PM
yeah but if you take a look at the trailer with the awesome song, you'll see his long sword has the same hilt, so it's most likely a matching set of weapons. Maybe it's the top of the line master assassin's gear... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Edit : typo

DemonikCrow666
09-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Moseman894:
Well for the guy that got schenked it looks like he got hit in the spine area, so it would have stopped him from reacting very much.He probably stood and then took the hit from the knife.
I still think it's a throwing knife. I don't think so dude, if you've ever had a spinal tap with that huge *** needle and it hurts like hell, I think a 2 inch long dagger will hurt more. Anyways your theory ain't that bad it could have paralyzed him, and it's obviously a throwing knife, Altair wouldn't throw away a master assassin shortsword, they may have the same hilt but if you look more closely you'll the shortswords hilt is longer.

greatcarbuncle
09-27-2007, 02:09 PM
i think the only reason the feather is dropped is altair leaving his mark at the scene, like a real murderer leaving a rose say. i know that it's been said that altair brings a bloody feather to his superiors as proof, but what if he leaves one where the murder was too? i dont think anyone saw him, i think the man moving his head was simply looking at another member. besides, the man who apparently sees altair is the one who said 'enough', so why would he not alert the others? he acted plenty surprised when the mark fell forward. at least thats my two cents. what are yours?

mbs284
09-27-2007, 03:09 PM
u guys are right its not the shortsword. its probably some nice "master assassin dagger". i think this really could be the mission where he messes up and is stripped of his fancy hilt wepons lol. but realy i think we might be seeing this video again sometime in november when we play AC.

JGaSSaSSinS78
09-27-2007, 07:20 PM
first of all the guy who got stabbed in the back probably wouldnt have said anything beacause the knife would probably have severed his spinal cord which instantly kills you.

Second of all if it was a throwing knife how would Altair get the feather bloody in the first place.

Boromir323
09-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Its my theory that the guy wasnt killed until he started to stand up. He was about to voice some concern to the others or something but Altair killed him as he was standing up. The shock from being stabbed in the back allowed him to hold his position for a few seconds before collapsing on the table. Thats just my theory though.

elvenmonkey13
09-27-2007, 07:39 PM
I was thinking that exact same thing while reading this, ans was slowly getting to the end when i saw that you mentioned it.