PDA

View Full Version : Re: Third person view and multiplayer comments

xBLACK_JACKx
03-19-2009, 07:05 AM
I bought Call of Juarez for the 360 when it came out because I had wanted to play a good old western game ever since I played Gun on the PS2. Overall I thought Call of Juarez was a really good game with some interesting features. However, one thing I donít like about the game is that youíre forced to play in first person.

So Iím basically posting to ask; will the new game have an option to play in third person?

On another note, Iím starting to get board of games coming out that have a good single player campaign but a mediocre multiplayer experience and often, if I complete a game within a week of purchase and the multiplayer is just average, Iíll get my money back and get something else.

Some things to consider:

1. Donít just have capture the flag or team death match modes, do something interesting like train/wagon robberies and 1 on 1 shoot-out like in single player.
2. The ability to play as Native Americans who should have melee and acrobatic abilities that cowboys donít have.
3. Spice up the lobby system: Instead of joining a lobby and staring at a menu screen until the game starts, why not make were the lobby is an actual saloon/bar were you can walk around and interact with players and NPC while the host decides what game to play next. While in this lobby it would be good if you could start a bar fight or challenge another player to a one on one duel.

Tassanee
03-19-2009, 11:00 AM
I dunno what the new game features will be, but if you want to discuss it more please feel free to join us at CallofJuarezfans.com (http://www.callofjuarezforums.com) The player are mostly xbox 360 players.

aspdcon
03-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Those are some good ideas Black Jack.

Also, How about making it available on the Wii.

Raide
03-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Hi All,

The game is First Person only, except for Cut-scenes where the game will do a more cinematic Third Person viewpoint.

Hopefully that clears things up.

xBLACK_JACKx
03-24-2009, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the reply Raide.

Personally i prefer third person shooters over first but Red Read Redemption will be a third person game, so Iíll just have to wait for more info to be release for both games so i can decide which one to get.

mcsheat
03-24-2009, 09:08 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">*EDIT* Enjoy your holiday!</span>

PlayingMantis
06-03-2009, 11:20 PM
I think the platforming in the first game should have been third person, and switch to first person once guns are drawn. Among other things, this would have improved the horse riding experience for me.

This of course would have required decent character and shadow animation, something the first CoJ did not have.

vendrell
06-04-2009, 12:58 PM
love the lobby bar fight idea. personally i'd love to see cod4 style rewards and perks too for multiplayer. i like the indian idea to a degree, but if they were dodging bullets like Remo bloody williams i wouldnt be impressed.

barokka
06-21-2009, 03:24 PM
I like the lobby idea.
maybe a few draws of poker and the ability to drink yourself stupid would be nice. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif