PDA

View Full Version : patch 202 HELP ME MODS

mrxclusiv.au
10-19-2011, 06:31 AM
okay I got an invite to a private topic which I went to it claims that there is a 202 patch for brotherhood to speed up matchmaking and it has a url that when clicked it wants me to login again with my uplay use/pass I logged in the first time to see the forum post but not the second ot smells fishy to me for the following reasons

1. ubi as best as i can tell dont distribute patches this way as far as i am aware
2. the user who sent me the message and the link isn't a forum moderator or anything also they have only just created a forum account
3. I am freaking out thinking my uplay account has been comprimized
4. web of trust yellow rings the URL in the forum post, guys please investigate this promptly as I would wager I am not alone and the download could be a trojan, or the thing is an attempt to snapple my uplay account credentials - mods PLEASE assist, I will not broadcast the contents here for fear it is something nasty, but if a mod asks for a link I will provide one if you are not a mod I will not share this with you please don't ask

ubi mods PLEASE address this asap it smells like a social engineering con

iNvid22
10-19-2011, 06:35 AM
all patches are delivered through the ubi launcher , it should prompt you to update before you even boot the game.

change your pass, you should be ok

Darak_BG
10-19-2011, 11:27 AM
I received the same mail, from what I can see it is a mailing sent through this forum by simply inviting a bunch of users to a private topic in which a link to a so called patch is given, if you hover on top of the link you directly see the address behind it is not the one shown in the post.

I didn't go throught the process to see how a private topic could be created but I guess there is no hacking involved in the sending of the mail, simply the creation of an account and of a topic with an invite to people who have been seen posting recently and for which an educated guess supposes the mail behind it is in use.

TheLeoCrow
10-19-2011, 04:38 PM
It is very important to change your passwords as fast as possible, if it isn't too late.

BTOG46
10-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Sounds like a phishing scam to me, no doubt the url will lead to a fake Ubisoft log in page, just like the one a scammer tried to trick people into visiting in multiple forum posts the other day.

Basically, they're trying to steal Ubisoft game accounts by tricking people into giving out their email and password details.

If you entered your details into a fake log in page, I strongly advise you to change your Ubisoft and email password immediately.

What you should do with a PM like this is to use the little yellow triangle at the bottom right of the message to report it, admins can view a PM a member has received if it's been reported this way, and then take action against the sender's account.

mrxclusiv.au
10-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by BTOG46:
Sounds like a phishing scam to me, no doubt the url will lead to a fake Ubisoft log in page, just like the one a scammer tried to trick people into visiting in multiple forum posts the other day.

Basically, they're trying to steal Ubisoft game accounts by tricking people into giving out their email and password details.

If you entered your details into a fake log in page, I strongly advise you to change your Ubisoft and email password immediately.

What you should do with a PM like this is to use the little yellow triangle at the bottom right of the message to report it, admins can view a PM a member has received if it's been reported this way, and then take action against the sender's account.

you are on the money thats EXACTLY what it lead me to another ubi logon page, which I didn't log into as I was already "logged in" to see the private topic - I will reopen the message and click him yellow arrow - mods do some asskicking please http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

also my password has been changed, I did that when I clicked that it didn't seem right, I hope these (I won't avoid swear filter) individuals get whats coming to them

if its been attempted multiple times, how about a global message with mail notifications to warn your users of this "attack", if people fall for it your forums may very well be loaded with people who have lost their uplay accounts, and they will be most unpleased