PDA

View Full Version : Possible HE-111 AI Bug

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 11:32 PM
In my HE-111 Campaign i've noticed that when theres a forest at the other end of the runway the AI pilots don't pull up in time & go SMACK right into it & blow up, Out of 8 planes only 3 (including myself) managed to get airborne. I did'nt fly a HE-111 campaign in Ver1.0 so i don't know if this happened in the Pre-Patched game, But it's happening now & it's very weird. Well at least i'm the senior officer now/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

"An attack against a unit of Flying Fortresses was something like controlled suicide...Sometimes 50, Sometimes 80 machine guns were firing at you... You attempted to close your eyes & continue to fire, Frightened to death, Frightened to death."

Oberst Johannes Steinhoff (176 kills)

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 11:32 PM
In my HE-111 Campaign i've noticed that when theres a forest at the other end of the runway the AI pilots don't pull up in time & go SMACK right into it & blow up, Out of 8 planes only 3 (including myself) managed to get airborne. I did'nt fly a HE-111 campaign in Ver1.0 so i don't know if this happened in the Pre-Patched game, But it's happening now & it's very weird. Well at least i'm the senior officer now/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

"An attack against a unit of Flying Fortresses was something like controlled suicide...Sometimes 50, Sometimes 80 machine guns were firing at you... You attempted to close your eyes & continue to fire, Frightened to death, Frightened to death."

Oberst Johannes Steinhoff (176 kills)

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 12:20 AM
There was a post about this problem in the first version as well. Also people were posting that they could not see the trees at the end of the runway because of the way they are modeled. Maybe it will get addressed. The AI have never been the sharpest tools in the shed anyway lol. Congrats on your promotion lol.

...and once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
for there you have been and there you long to return.
~leonardo de vinci