PDA

View Full Version : What (if any)speachprogram do you use and how often?

asgeirr73
08-25-2005, 05:25 AM

JG52Uther
08-25-2005, 05:38 AM
My squad use Ventrilo ,although we have teamspeak as a back up,and sometimes use Warclouds teamspeak server.Just because you dont see many people on 'public' comms does'nt mean that no one is talking to each other.I think most squads will use there own (private) comms.

asgeirr73
08-25-2005, 06:07 AM
Ok then there is hope! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
yeah I guese you are right m8

don`t have a squad/staffel yet so I talk to all on my side and group in game insted

last time I checked warclouds (this morning 5,5h ago on my way to work) it was 18 on and that`s the most I ever seen so far (I live in Sweden)

does text to speach work ingame?
it`s ventrilo who use it right ?
new to these programs last time I used speachprograms Roger Willco was 1 year old
yeah I know I will be looking for a walker soon http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Bearcat99
08-25-2005, 06:55 AM
We use TS when we are online period. It is like walking into a room for us. Offline I use VAC. It is great to be able to tell your AI wongman to cover you or attack and not have to think about pressing keys at all.

SeaFireLIV
08-25-2005, 07:02 AM
I use TS online. And a Voiceflux program (quite old). Like Bearcat says it`s great flying offline and being able to instantly communicate with the AI without button fiddling ie, you`re in a sharp evasive turn while trimming and two 109s shooting at you on your six - being able to say, "Tower, request assistance!" SIMULTANEOUSLY while maneouvering to evade and getting back, "I am sending fighters to you!" Is just great immersion and ups your pilot survivability. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

F19_Ob
08-25-2005, 07:07 AM
I use Teamspeak, and as often as possible.
Usually with my squadmates( F19 )but hope to use more public chats as time progresses.
Problem is that my brainpower so quickly drains away when flying online, and I become socially stupid too quickly.
My spoken english isn't that good either and wont improve when I'm exhausted.
However that usually isn't any problem because many non-englishSpeaking are in the same situation and the experts can read between the lines and get the overall picture.

On rare occasions when I have no clue what someone is trying to say to me I usually reply; "Roger" or "copy that" wich has worked so far.
Teamspeak is the only englishspeaking practise I have so I'll keep at it and try to pick up the general lingo.

I picture myself that these language barriers were present in the RAF with many polak and checz? and scottish and irish pilots. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

asgeirr73
08-25-2005, 07:58 AM
I also mostly use Ts foremost becuse of warclouds TS server

I also use VAC but also online I have the VAC deactivationbutton on my pinkelever on the cougar and the same is activation for Ts so it dosen`t mess up the VAC

and also tds so I can see whos talking

toggle mirror command in VAC is acting up sometimes thou when I don`t send but listen

do you guys have voiceactivation or why don`t use it online?

F19_ob you got mail

SeaFireLIV
08-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by F19_Ob:

My spoken english isn't that good either and wont improve when I'm exhausted.

On rare occasions when I have no clue what someone is trying to say to me I usually reply; "Roger" or "copy that" wich has worked so far.
Teamspeak is the only englishspeaking practise I have so I'll keep at it and try to pick up the general lingo.

I picture myself that these language barriers were present in the RAF with many polak and checz? and scottish and irish pilots. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

lol. Went on Warclouds yesterday and bumped into one other guy on TS - a French guy. Being English and knowing just about no French and he just about no English (slightly more than me) we had great fun completely not understanding anything we said to each other. I felt like saying something typically British like, "Speak english, Man!" But i decided this was unwise... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Should`ve stuck with French lessons at school.

Still we didn`t do too bad at all when it came to covering eachother in a dogfight.

SithSpeeder
08-25-2005, 08:56 AM
On and offline, I use Shoot 1.6.4 for voice recognition software. Online, I use it to communicate pre-canned messages like Negative, Roger, Salute, Good Kill, Coordinate..., Can't Talk, Check Six, Help Speeder, Speeder RTB, etc. I'll say the aforementioned short phrases and it will display my pre-canned long messages (kinda slick if you ask me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) Offline and coops, I use it for giving voice commands to my wingmen and squad, like "Wingman-Attack AAA".

Online, I always try to use comm software. The two squads I fly with most use Ventrilo. The third squad I fly with uses Teamspeak. But when I go on Warclouds or Warbirds, I try to use their TS servers.

Also, I use TSDisplay (or TSDisp) as a monitor when using TS so that I can see who is talking. Nice little proggy.

I use a button on my stick for PushToTalk for the comms software (TS, Ventrilo). I use the SAME button for the voice recognition software, except that I have to hit my pinkie-Shift key (Saitek X-45). That way, they are effectively separate.

I have a pretty good profile for Shoot if you want it at http://www.simace.com/Downloads.htm .

* _54th_Speeder *

WOLFMondo
08-25-2005, 09:00 AM
Teamspeak here. Indispensible application now. Whenever I'm online I'm on one TS server or another.

asgeirr73
08-25-2005, 09:51 AM
SithSpeeder thanks
but I don`t use shoot only use VAC and it works pretty good exept the toggle mirror command when I use Ts maybe I change the command word or just tweak it some

will try and fix it when I get home

vocatx
08-25-2005, 11:01 AM
I can't figure out why people would even bother to use TS on-line if they aren't on the public channel. What d@mn good does it do if you have three people on the public channel, six without anything but chat, and several others on their own private TS channel. USE THE TS CHANNEL PROVIDED BY THE SERVER, PEOPLE. THAT'S WHY IT'S THERE!

If everybody isn't on the same page, just how do you expect to coordinate?

I could have saved somebody's tail on-line the other night if they had been on PUBLIC TS to hear me tell them to break. When I asked if they were on TS, they said "squad comms". Yeah, it really did them a lot of good. Neither one saw they were getting bounced, and because they were on their own private channel, NO ONE COULD WARN THEM IN TIME!

Over at Warbirds of Prey, they have seperate channels set up for fighters and bombers if one channel gets too crowded. By enabling the "whisper" feature, you can cross talk. Last night there were over twenty people there at one time, and all of us were on TS.

In case you haven't gotten the gist of my message let me repeat: USE PUBLIC TEAMSPEAK WHEN ON LINE!!!!!!!

Tully__
08-25-2005, 09:10 PM
I prefer teamspeak but also have ventrilo for those occasions when teamspeak is not available.

SnailRunner
08-26-2005, 03:20 AM
Ventrillo (2.1.1 not restrictet as the new one)) and TS

F19_Ob
08-26-2005, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by vocatx:
I can't figure out why people would even bother to use TS on-line if they aren't on the public channel. !

Well, for some it may feel more comfortable to just have a few known mates on the line. Many are shy when meeting new people.
Some reluctance may be attributed to language problems wich may be embarrassing for adults.
(many avoid things they aren't good at)

I'm used to talk to crowds (teacher) and often try new things so I'm used to messing up occasionally, but my experience is that even very social people may have issues with the first meeting, and online there are many first meetings. It's always a bit harder when there is a language barrier to cross aswell I think.
Writing to eachother seems much easier.
I still feel eased when I can write to them instead. So I guess the language-barrier is an issue for me aswell, although I try to overcome it.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

SithSpeeder
08-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by F19_Ob:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vocatx:
I can't figure out why people would even bother to use TS on-line if they aren't on the public channel. !

Well, for some it may feel more comfortable to just have a few known mates on the line. Many are shy when meeting new people.
Some reluctance may be attributed to language problems wich may be embarrassing for adults.
(many avoid things they aren't good at)

I'm used to talk to crowds (teacher) and often try new things so I'm used to messing up occasionally, but my experience is that even very social people may have issues with the first meeting, and online there are many first meetings. It's always a bit harder when there is a language barrier to cross aswell I think.
Writing to eachother seems much easier.
I still feel eased when I can write to them instead. So I guess the language-barrier is an issue for me aswell, although I try to overcome it.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent points, Ob.

But I also know others like to get pretty raucous (cussing and swearing, bad innuendos, drinking heavily, etc.) and most of the "public" servers frown heavily on that. They crack each other (and me at times) up with their raw and ribald humor--my guess is that they enjoy the combination/mixing of "letting it all hang out" with superb combat flying.

Personally, I'm pretty straight-laced when I'm on comms. But flying with my virtual "friends" who are both funny and good is a blast as well--especially because I'm such a poor online pilot (re: gunnery, poor SA, etc.).

YMMV.

* _54th_Speeder *

I love combat. I hate war.
I don't understand it, but that's the way it is.
--Gen. Chuck Horner, USAF, ret.