PDA

View Full Version : Marines in Army clothes?

gundog212
08-22-2005, 11:00 AM
I am new to PF (stand alone) and have yet installed the patches.

While I thoroughly enjoy the game, I found a quirk that perhaps someone can tell me whether they have seen similar quirks.

One, in the pilot career mode, i am playing USMC and in my first mission, I am flying a P39 that says US Army on it. Is this a quirk or hisotrical??

Two, in my 'other' identity as a IJA pilot, I cannot exit the plane to bail out or if I slide to a safe landing, I still cannot exit a burning plane to save my skin and exit with a successful mission.

Three. I cannot find how to make/find the 'static' campaigns. I believe I am in the dynamic campaigns already.

Appreciate the help.

GD

neural_dream
08-22-2005, 11:06 AM
I guess that's historical.

Early Japanese planes didn't have parachutes.

i think PF has only dynamic campaigns. The Forgotten Battles and AEP campaigns were static.

gundog212
08-22-2005, 11:55 AM
Thanks. It looks like there is a lot of copy/paste in the PF players manual. That must be a leftover which shold have been omitted.

Anyone have any idea about the Marines flying the P39 w/ the US Army markings?

I am goi9ng home tonight and try the USAAF single player to see if they are flown with USMC aircraft. Maybe there is a mix up.

telsono
08-22-2005, 04:00 PM
I believe that this was changed in a patch. You cannot fly the P-39 in the Marine campaign game anymore. The USMC didn't fly them.

han freak solo
08-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by telsono:
I believe that this was changed in a patch. You cannot fly the P-39 in the Marine campaign game anymore. The USMC didn't fly them.

Correct. Patch up the game to at least the 3.04 level and this campaign selection will disappear if you start a new campaign. The existing campaign will be "grandfathered" in, I believe.

Skycat_2
08-22-2005, 09:43 PM
The original "IL-2 Sturmovik" only included static (scripted) campaigns and a few single missions. "Forgotten Battles" introduced the DGen program for dynamic campaigns and this replaced the static campaigns of IL-2. FB and AEP do include a large selection of scripted single missions; PF only has a few of these and they are limited to landing and take-off scenarios.

You can make your own missions using "Full Mission Builder." Look around the web for Nutcase's Guide to Full Mission Builder; the link may be offered in the IL-2 FAQ page that is hosted by Airwarfare.com (?). If I find the link I'll post it for you.

Skycat_2
08-22-2005, 10:02 PM
http://www.jumpintojapan.com/fmb-guide.html

It's a guide based on the 'merged' series, not PF stand-alone, but the principles remain universal.