PDA

View Full Version : Parts of each game that you liked

Alpha Ender
12-22-2010, 10:39 PM
So, which things from each game did you enjoy (i.e., the crossbow in ACB, finding information in AC, being able to finally swim in ACII)? How would you like the next game to be based on the past three big games? Please don't add anything in, like the "weather machine" idea and such, just mechanics or tools from past games that you enjoyed.

LordWolv
12-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Firstly, I was very happy to see the return of the crossbow. Loads of ammo, almost silent, doesn't raise notority atall.. I love it. Swimming was good in AC2, but it didn't feel like AC was missing it. I realised how good it felt to finally ride a horse through the gates of Monteriggoni instead of abandoning them at the gates.

xChupa
12-22-2010, 11:42 PM
AC1: I loved how you had to research your targets before assassinating them. It gave a more personal feeling to the assassinations and added a bit of a simulation feel (i felt like a real assassin O_O )

AC2: I loved all the new assassination options: haystack assassinations, ledge assassinations, bench assassinations, ect. I also loved the Assassin Tombs.

ACB: I dont have it yet because im getting it for Christmas but from the looks of it i love the Crossbow and ability to replay missions. And a hell of a lot more but its too much to post here.

Obviously for each game i like more than just what i posted but i dont want to right an essay on it all right now. Theres just too much. I love this series...

ChaosxNetwork
12-23-2010, 09:57 AM
The overall main things for me were:
AC: Assassination preparation
ACII: New styles of assassinating/fighting
ACB: Different styles of mission (Variety) and fight system.
Haha very similar to the above post (For AC and ACII)!

Xanatos2007
12-23-2010, 10:12 AM
AC1: Great atmosphere, intriguing story, nice graphics & visuals and the protagonist was a proper Assassin.

AC2: Great music, some nice gameplay additions (although a little overboard with the whole variety thing) and the Truth/Glyph sidestory is fantastic.

ACB: Oh get lost...

Inorganic9_2
12-23-2010, 10:36 AM
AC: Researching targets, the different methods/routes of assassinating targets and escaping, more crisp graphics (imo) and more in depth/complicated storyline (lots of questioning right/wrong, hidden links etc.)

ACII: new types of assassination (haystack, bench, ledge etc.), ability to disarm/use heavy/long weapons, two hidden blades, a more personal main character (we knew nothing of Alta´r's life in AC really)

ACB: Horses inside cities (except when some idiot on a horse just rides straight through my blend group), new combat system, recruits

BK-110
12-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Assassin's Creed:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Combat - If you avoid only using counters and count on the swords other abilities and took a more aggressive approach, it actually adds to the difficulty and makes it feel less boring.
<LI> I liked the way it was kind of a simulator. You collect information, plan your attack and take out your target.
<LI> I liked Alta´r's development and his interactions with the targets, slowly revealing more and more and making him doubt the ways of the order and Al Mualim's authority.
<LI> Desmonds part - The interesting interactions with Lucy and Vidic, revealing more about Abstergo's background and their plan. Sneaking out, spying, pickpocketing. [/list]
Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Climbing - It felt more realistic that the climbing in AC2 and Brotherhood. It actually looked a lot more like what we see in the CG trailers.
[/list]
Assassin's Creed II:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Living through a huge part of Ezio's life, seeing him grow from a vengeful youth to a hardened veteran.
<LI> Increased variety with many kinds of different missions.
<LI> Assassin tombs and Templar Lairs.
<LI> Alta´r's codex - Further development of Alta´r is great. A lot of philosophy and background for the order as it is in Ezio's time is awesome.
[/list]
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> The crossbow - Silent, deadly and doesn't increase variety. It feels satisfying to silently take out guards from the shadows before taking on your target.
<LI> Desmond gameplay - Great freerun puzzles and story development.
[/list]

Well, I've probably forgotten something, cannot be bothered to check, though. xD

Redfeather1975
12-23-2010, 11:46 AM
I liked Altair's codex too.
Finding all the pieces and getting to read more backstory was cool. And then having to rearrange them and use Eagle vision was interesting.
It would have been cool if the map showed a secret location you then had to actually run to in the game world, and get a cool extra mission.

In AC1 I liked how, for me at least, it was sometimes very hard to fight guys head on, so trying to sneak up on them was a rewarding challenge. If I got spotted, I had to hide and wait for the heat to cool down before trying to sneak back in and continue where I left off.
It was more thrilling than knowing I could just walk in and beat everyone face-to-face without hardly using up any supplies.

I like finding Truth glyphs and getting the secret once you complete them all. Just wish there were puzzles in the 3rd person game world too, rather than all the puzzles being an interface-style puzzle.

Alpha Ender
12-26-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

By that did you mean "get lost" as in you didn't like it, or that there was everything in the game that you loved? =)

TreFacTor
12-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
Firstly, I was very happy to see the return of the crossbow. Loads of ammo, almost silent, doesn't raise notority atall.. I love it. Swimming was good in AC2, but it didn't feel like AC was missing it. I realised how good it felt to finally ride a horse through the gates of Monteriggoni instead of abandoning them at the gates. The cross bow was never an attainable item until now... how could it make a "return"?

Xanatos2007
12-27-2010, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by AlphaEnder:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

By that did you mean "get lost" as in you didn't like it, or that there was everything in the game that you loved? =) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As in the PC version was delayed (again) so I haven't been able to play it.

TheSpectator
12-27-2010, 05:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AlphaEnder:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:

By that did you mean "get lost" as in you didn't like it, or that there was everything in the game that you loved? =) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As in the PC version was delayed (again) so I haven't been able to play it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

persiateddy95
12-27-2010, 05:45 AM
As in the PC version was delayed (again) so I haven't been able to play it.
I thought you weren't going to play it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Xanatos2007
12-27-2010, 05:48 AM
I said I might not play it but if I ever feel like getting a new game next year I might consider it. Don't expect a happy-chappy review though.