PDA

View Full Version : A 'longest day' on the beach

luftluuver
06-06-2007, 09:31 AM
On this day 63 years ago the largest invasion force every, landed on the beaches of Normandy.

<S> and thanks to all those that were there. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

AKA_TAGERT
06-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Agreed 100%

T_O_A_D
06-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Ok I'll post here too.

Agreed 100%

We owe alot to these, and other folks, for there meritos deeds, in our favour.

Schwarz.13
06-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Indeed.

And what a sight it must have been to Pips and Heinz as they flew the high speed gauntlet through a hail of AA fire over Sword beach. I'll bet there were a few German expletives over the comms that morning (and a few British/Canadian ones too as they were sprayed with 12.7mm).

horseback
06-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Schwarz.13:
Indeed.

And what a sight it must have been to Pips and Heinz as they flew the high speed gauntlet through a hail of AA fire over Sword beach. I'll bet there were a few German expletives over the comms that morning (and a few British/Canadian ones too as they were sprayed with 12.7mm). Why, were the Canucks getting some overflow from the American sector?

I thought the LW mounted a 13mm HMG on the 190A-7/8...

S! to all the brave men who waded ashore that day.

cheers

horseback

Schwarz.13
06-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by horseback:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Schwarz.13:
Indeed.

And what a sight it must have been to Pips and Heinz as they flew the high speed gauntlet through a hail of AA fire over Sword beach. I'll bet there were a few German expletives over the comms that morning (and a few British/Canadian ones too as they were sprayed with 12.7mm). Why, were the Canucks getting some overflow from the American sector?

I thought the LW mounted a 13mm HMG on the 190A-7/8...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Horseback, my mistake (i knew that) - i was up late reading about the Soviet UBS 12.7mm MGs (i did have a girlfriend until recently honest hehe) and must've got stuck in my head http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

Anyway, i am just glad that i can discuss these historical feats (albeit online) as most young people today don't even know what D-Day is/was! i-pods, celebrities, 'bling', reality TV and all that sh1te is far more important! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

waffen-79
06-06-2007, 12:05 PM
I salute all the BRAVE soldiers that participated in the Battle...all of them

ake109
06-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Schwarz.13:
Indeed.

And what a sight it must have been to Pips and Heinz as they flew the high speed gauntlet through a hail of AA fire over Sword beach. I'll bet there were a few German expletives

Pips and Heinz were lucky it wasn't Oleg manning the allied AAA!

general_kalle
06-06-2007, 11:44 PM
there were people from all over the world participating in overlord.

on both sides.
german aswell as allied.

theres a memorial for some Danish seamen near utah beach. (im from denmark)

there was also a norwegian destroyer (the Svenner) that sunk.