PDA

View Full Version : BoontyBox will not install under Win98SE ???

Ironman69
04-28-2006, 08:02 AM
Then how am I supposed to install the Pe-2 add-on ?

Treetop64
04-28-2006, 04:33 PM
One post on your question is enough. No need to make multiple posts on the same question. You started on Oleg's thread, then started your own, and now you're starting this thread.

To answer your question, it may be nessesary to upgrade your OS to at least Windows 2000. It's possible that BB is not supported under anything less than XP or Win2K. Microsoft, and many other developers, dropped support for Win98 long ago, and it's unlikely that any recent software will work on it.

Go to the "Community Help" threads on the "1C: Maddox Games" page for more help and info.

mortoma
04-28-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Treetop64:
One post on your question is enough. No need to make multiple posts on the same question. You started on Oleg's thread, then started your own, and now you're starting this thread.

To answer your question, it may be nessesary to upgrade your OS to at least Windows 2000. It's possible that BB is not supported under anything less than XP or Win2K. Microsoft, and many other developers, dropped support for Win98 long ago, and it's unlikely that any recent software will work on it.

Go to the "Community Help" threads on the "1C: Maddox Games" page for more help and info. Not true, Win98Se still works fine with over 98% of the latest software out there.
Most software devleopers would not dare make programs incompatible with it for the simple reason there are tons of people still using it!!!!! Myself included.

Ironman, I will find a way to get the thing to work. I'll fill you in later as to how to do it if succesfull. I don't even know waht it is yet exactly, have not DL'd this new add-on yet. But there's got to be a way!! Even if I have to extract the files on a firend's computer who has WinXP and then copy it to CDR or DVD-R. Got to be a way, always is....

mortoma1958
04-28-2006, 08:55 PM
Ok, here's the only thing I can offer, you will have to find a friend or relative that has a PC that has internet, WinXP and hopefully a CDR/CDRW or a DVD/R/RW burner. And of course the media to burn it onto. That's the only way Win98 users could get it that I know of. Even then it might not work. I sure hope so......