PDA

View Full Version : B/W WW2 footage from many countries available cheap.

WWMaxGunz
03-13-2006, 02:01 PM
You might want to turn the sound off though, it is US Navy and Hollywood effort but the footage
is there. I was just admiring Italian Navy ships on maneuvering and firing. And Italian planes
making attacks or just in formation. Also Japanese, German, English and US.

A Big Trove of vintage flicks with commentary that can be left out, small pieces usable for the
individuals as I think 5% or less is not copyright violation and this one package is 3 DVD's of
compressed B/W film (compresses more than color) to make 26 long episodes.

The series is Victory at Sea and I found it at WalMart in a 2 for $11 bin.
It's hard to say just how much is there, guessing over 20 gig baut maybe 'only' 15.

WWMaxGunz
03-13-2006, 02:01 PM
You might want to turn the sound off though, it is US Navy and Hollywood effort but the footage
is there. I was just admiring Italian Navy ships on maneuvering and firing. And Italian planes
making attacks or just in formation. Also Japanese, German, English and US.

A Big Trove of vintage flicks with commentary that can be left out, small pieces usable for the
individuals as I think 5% or less is not copyright violation and this one package is 3 DVD's of
compressed B/W film (compresses more than color) to make 26 long episodes.

The series is Victory at Sea and I found it at WalMart in a 2 for $11 bin.
It's hard to say just how much is there, guessing over 20 gig baut maybe 'only' 15.

Enforcer572005
03-13-2006, 09:41 PM
yeah, VAS is a pretty good docu, though it is a bit.......biased? Anyway, its got alot of great footage. i recorded most of it yrs ago.....on AandE I think. Ive got the sound track on tape to. Richard Nixon loved it so much they played it at his funeral.

Ill definitely look for it at Wallyworld.

WWMaxGunz
03-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Please reread that first sentence in post one.