PDA

View Full Version : News about addons & BoB from Russian site (Oleg speaks!)

One13
04-21-2006, 11:53 AM
While searching for news about the Pe-2 addon I found a link at SimHQ to a Russian site. This is what the translation programs come up with.
Posted by a guy called Alex-

"15 April I met Oleg Medoksom.
The conversation had not legal and diplomatic character, did not pass in a mode of interview or heart-to-heart talk behind beer so set of my questions by virtue of limitation of time have not been set. However, about what we have talked, and that that should be interesting virpilskomu to community, I shall state.

First, I have expressed huge gratitude and have transferred gratitude from all virpilov for that great business, that it does. For that game, yes is not present, for that product (game it to name all the same language does not turn), for that style of a life which it has presented us and which unites us.
Also it unites good worthy people of various age and social layers.
Silt literally if has not turned a life of many for certain, has filled with its especial maintenance. With an output of this product all we became suddenly both pilots and historians and knights and patriots.
Whether it is the main merit of SILT and Oleg?!

Secondly, I have handed over to it a sign " the Virtual pilot " as a token of a recognition of its merits before all us. Oleg has been flattered, the sign has very much liked it also it has told that with pleasure will carry it (in the list of the given out signs against number 0058 it is possible to see its surname).
http: // il2.su29.ru/forum/index.php? showtopic=1397

Well and, certainly, we spoke about Silt, that with it will be further in a view of a forthcoming output " Fights for Britain ".
Provisional stages the following: after an output addona with Pe-2, in May will leave also on a disk addon with Il-10 and still beside letabelnyh devices, including Japanese; in June leaves final addon Silt with working (and it is possible also actual) the name "46-year" where except for piston domestic whistles will enter also. After an output of the last addona it is planned to let out DVD all Silt where all will enter absolutely.

Kasaemo " Fights for Britain " Oleg has told, that the product will leave, on most pessimistic to forecasts, in second half of next year. The cursor of game is in development as there is a work above cabins and a flight models of planes. According to Oleg, it will be qualitatively new level schedules, working off of damages, etc. On my question considerably will raise, capacity of the machine of the user for "Britain" how much should increase, it has reasonably noticed, that there is no sense to do product which at once after its output in a series will be obsolete as development of computer technics goes seven-mile steps. Therefore, naturally, there is no desire to spend all for nothing a heap of time and the finance on a product that there and then it to alter under new capacities of machines. And so, proceeding from all it, capacity of the machine of the player should increase at least twice.
"Fight for Britain " will leave with a set kraftov, participated in this fight and will make sovvokupno 11 piloted planes.
Following addon to "Fight" it will be devoted to fights in Africa. All set kraftov (from above 200), present at Silt will pass and in "Fight".
Leaving me, it has wished all virpilam success and that anybody on 6 never was except for conducted.
By the way, to fly Oleg basically on messere loves.
As he said, it is the most successful machine of times of war."

So to translate the translation-

In May the Russians get the Il-10 addon, in June they get the VVS 46 addon.
After this a DVD with all addons will be released (also with complete edition?)
BoB will be released in 2007 & we will need computers twice as powerful as the best now to get the most out of it.

The next addon to Bob will be African (North Africa & the Med?)

He plans to model all the planes we now have in future addons.

He loves the 109!

Skycat_2
04-21-2006, 12:43 PM
Well I'd buy all the entered SILT absolutely on a let out DVD! I love the piston domestic whistles.

Gibbage1
04-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by One13:

He loves the 109!

Well DUH!

Yambretta
04-21-2006, 01:50 PM

If true then this is a slap in the face to all that purchased present dvd not 3 weeks ago in a show of customer support http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

DIRTY-MAC
04-21-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Gibbage1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by One13:

He loves the 109!

Well DUH! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

AWL_Spinner
04-21-2006, 02:42 PM
If true then this is a slap in the face to all that purchased present dvd not 3 weeks ago in a show of customer support

I don't agree with that as it's still some way off and in those many months newbies might have picked up the current combined edition and got hooked. AEP has been all but impossible to find for ages and the DVD was cheaper than AEP!

Anyways, from the above it's not clear if it's a combined DVD of the new addons or a supercombined DVD of the whole lot.

I'd like some official word (in English!) on this though - and whether UBI will be distributing a combined addon DVD in the West.

Although I've bought everything they've released to this point, just to keep things simple I'd be inclined to wait for a combined 4.04-4.07 release if it is, in fact, going to happen.

crazyivan1970
04-21-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Yambretta:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">After this a DVD with all addons will be released (also with complete edition?)
If true then this is a slap in the face to all that purchased present dvd not 3 weeks ago in a show of customer support http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Slap in the face? Poor customer support? Are you just making up those statements or you really mean it? I hope it is first.

smatchimo
04-21-2006, 03:34 PM
BoB will be released in 2007 & we will need computers twice as powerful as the best now to get the most out of it.

This is VERY disconcerning(sp?)
I know there isnt a lot of detail in the statement, but if you are listening Oleg, PLEASE dont force me to spend another $1000 on comp parts, because I am just dumb enough to do it!
And if this is true, just what the heck are you testing this beast on?
Just hoping its an overstatement.

Cheers!

Sintubin
04-21-2006, 03:37 PM
He loves the 109!

the man nows his world http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

EURO_Snoopy
04-21-2006, 03:41 PM

If true then this is a slap in the face to all that purchased present dvd not 3 weeks ago in a show of customer support http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Why? this was discussed in the forums months ago, the final DVD would be the platinum release.

major_setback
04-21-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Skycat_2:
Well I'd buy all the entered SILT absolutely on a let out DVD! I love the piston domestic whistles.

Exactly. except for the piston domestic whistles I'm happy. I just wonder how they're going to model the silt. Will it slow my system down? I havn't laughed so much in weeks.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

FlatSpinMan
04-22-2006, 06:03 AM
Interesting news and excellent comedy. I, too, am all aquiver for the domestic piston whistles.

Yambretta
04-22-2006, 06:27 AM
quote:

quote:

If true then this is a slap in the face to all that purchased present dvd not 3 weeks ago in a show of customer support

Slap in the face? Poor customer support? Are you just making up those statements or you really mean it? I hope it is first.

I'll explain myself better

The dvd was a great idea as it allowed new blood into the game that was having trouble getting the original cd's also it was a great way to tidy up installing for older players like myself that already owned the original.
Also there was a feeling amongest many older players that although they already owned original cd's their purchase of dvd was a way of supporting and saying thx to the game makers (hence for use of 'customer support' we support them) for all the great free patches.

However the part I feel angry about (and it isn't a money issue) is the fact that just a week after dvd was released I started seeing the addon's mentioned in forums with the mention of a dvd with all the addons inc.

Now as much as I love the game and have always supported it via purchases I am starting to get that being shafted feeling.

In all honesty do you guys really feel that after supporting gamemakers with purchasing cd's and dvd to hear a week later that a new dvd with addons is possibly planned (information that must have been known somewhere at time of dvd release) doesn't make the blood boil.

Would you buy a car one week only to find that very soon the same car would be availabe with loads of extra goodies (a fact the salesman knew when he sold you your car) and also that your car would no longer allow you to drive on the same road as your friends (hyperobby).
Fed up I bet you would be http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

VW-IceFire
04-22-2006, 07:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">After this a DVD with all addons will be released (also with complete edition?)

If true then this is a slap in the face to all that purchased present dvd not 3 weeks ago in a show of customer support http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually this information is not news. I knew that there was likely to be a DVD release after the three addons.

Infact...99% of what was posted above we already knew. Its just an update confirming that these things are still going ahead as planned.

SeaFireLIV
04-22-2006, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by One13:

He loves the 109!

Oleg is indeed a shrewed fellow. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

carguy_
04-22-2006, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by smatchimo:
And if this is true, just what the heck are you testing this beast on?
Just hoping its an overstatement.

Not really.I recall Oleg saying he`s doing some home work on BoB.He described his multicore blah blah blah machine as one of the most advanced piece of hardware available up to date.I,and most of us I think,were blown away by the config.
Don`t worry though.We`ll have this as standard in next two years.

woofiedog
04-22-2006, 07:34 AM
One13... Thank's for the information.

darkhorizon11
04-23-2006, 12:25 AM
Whoa whoa wait... there was already a Platinum DVD up to 4.05... your telling me theres another one on the way too?

alert_1
04-23-2006, 04:05 AM
So, if I understand well, the minimum config for enjoying SofW (BoB) will be something like XP4000+, 2GB DDR, GF7600GT and the rig for "everything maxout┼┬» crowd gonna be top notch late 2007 (double or quadcore) rig.

stathem
04-23-2006, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by alert_1:
So, if I understand well, the minimum config for enjoying SofW (BoB) will be something like XP4000+, 2GB DDR, GF7600GT and the rig for "everything maxout┼┬» crowd gonna be top notch late 2007 (double or quadcore) rig.

Yep. Start saving 100 (of whatever your currency is) a month now and you should be sorted.

alert_1
04-23-2006, 04:17 AM
Yep. Start saving 100 (of whatever your currency is) a month now and you should be sorted.
More likely 1000, in my currency http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

EURO_Snoopy
04-23-2006, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by alert_1:

Why do so many respond with doom and gloom statements whenever something new appears on the horizon?

I think those specs would probably be nearer medium specs than minimum. Try to remember that this games life expectancy is 5 years plus, you must expect therefore to be unable to run it on maxed at settings on day 1.

Would you sooner the game engine to be out of date in one or two years?

Would you prefer for a new game engine to be made every two years?

At that rate you would never get around all the major theatres of WWII!!

|CoB|_Spectre
04-23-2006, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by EURO_Snoopy:
Would you sooner the game engine to be out of date in one or two years?

Would you prefer for a new game engine to be made every two years?

At that rate you would never get around all the major theatres of WWII!!

The reason given for making FB not an addon to IL-2 was to overcome certain inherent limitations of the original IL-2 game engine. Technology and programming experience marches onward and every game engine becomes obsolecent. We've certainly been using the FB engine for longer than two years and it's still quite playable IMHO, but we still have not gotten "around all the major theaters of WWII" at the rate it's been moving. The increased complexity and manhour requirements to produce items for BoB will surely slow it down (higher polygon count means more time to produce) unless a proportional number of programmer/designers are added. I think the old "two weeks" adage may well become "two years". We shall see.