PDA

View Full Version : Serious graphic problem with nVidia Card!

randomix
10-04-2004, 09:41 PM
I'm using a P4 1.6G, GF4 Ti4200, plenty of Ram and HDD, but I got horrible display in MYST4. My friend's P3 with GF3 works great and give wonderful graphics !

Here's my screenshot
http://smspop.163.com//personal/ran/temp/error.jpg

maztec
10-05-2004, 01:13 AM
driver version? driver settings?

... more info try more things, downgrade a version, try omega drivers, who slew of possibilities.

randomix
10-07-2004, 08:48 PM
I've tried 66.31, 66.72,66.81, all settings are default and controlled by programs. I'm running XP PRO SP2.

And any color quality or screen resolution had the same problem. I think it's about the 3D driver, cos after I uncheck the deep of view/water effect option in the game, it looks a bit better, and the 2D video playback is smooth.

Thanks!

maztec
10-08-2004, 03:00 AM
*just stares*

glehhh no clue waht to tell you. Uhmm, on the off chance, make sure your monitor supports all necessary video resolutions? Try the game at 800x600 and at max resolution?

Maybe try it in windowed mode also. See the windowed mode sticky thread.

Mathesar
10-08-2004, 09:31 AM
Hrm yea my brother has a P4 2.53ghz with a Geforce 3 64mb and Myst 4 looks great... what about other games? or is just Myst 4 that looks messed up?

randomix
10-11-2004, 11:49 AM
Well, Unreal, Vampire: The Masquerade, Neverwinter Nights and some other 3D games works great on my PC. But Revelation gives out horrible graphics...

I've downgrade my video card driver to 43.XX, 61.XX, 65.XX, 67.XX, and try 800x600, 1024x768, 24bit, 32bit.... but nothing works!

cmondragon
10-16-2004, 02:00 AM
Here's a couple things to try. Get into your BIOS and make sure your AGP memory setting is set to 'half' of what your onboard video card memory is. If this setting is too low or too high in regards to how much memory your video card has it can cause abnormalities in certain games.

Also, try upgrading or reinstall DirectX 9.0c. Once installed run 'Dxdiag.exe' from the Run menu and verify the install went successfully. You can also run directX tests through this application also to test stability of your vid card.

Install the latest Nvidia driver (61.77 is what I'm using with no issues) and make sure in your Nvidia settings that Antialias, Anisotropic, and Vertical Sync settings are all turned to OFF. NEVER application controlled! You're just asking for trouble when you let the application decide what's best for your vid settings! And make sure the Image Setting is turned to 'Quality'.

It's possible you could be dealing with a corrupted video driver. If so, best practices are to UNINSTALL the current driver, reboot, then install the 61.77 drivers again.

If you do all that and you still have problems, the issue could then be a incompatible refresh setting when your in the game. You can override this and experiment with other refresh settings through your Nvidia driver properties.

If worse comes to worse, I noticed you are running SP2 on your XP. For troubleshooting purposes I would try getting the game working WITHOUT that service pack installed. SP2 is known to have it's issues with many new and untested software on the market. In add/remove programs you should have an option to 'change' SP2 and revert back to your original service pack (hopefully SP1a).

I hope this helps. Cheers

larsschermer
10-16-2004, 11:52 AM
That is a definate driver problem, it has happen to me a number of times. Most likely you are overcloking your GF card, and have instaled a new driver Without!uninstaling the old one(s).

uninstall the old ones and try it then.
this kind of thing often happen due to a registry conflict caused by the new drivers insaled over the old ones. often it dosent show up until you install a new app or game, after you installed the drivers (i havent figured out why that happens yet though)

NVidia realy realy! means it when they tell you to uninstall the old drivers first. you can get away with it some times, but if you play around with the setting, you get that kind (picture above) of graphic glitch, when a new set of drivers are installed.