PDA

View Full Version : Same bug with F6F5

TheGozr
01-18-2005, 05:00 PM
The lightest load is the heavier.
This bug has been reported
Load an F6 with biggest rockets + extra tank and 50% gas it's an easy take off

Now with the 2.5 rockets only 50 or 25 gas and try..

It's hillarious...

TheGozr
01-19-2005, 01:22 PM
How hard can it be to change this in the coding. It's simply a no care from oleg.

A mistake of loading weights , no excuses for a mistake of that matter. It's simple a not caring.

Bad Oleg bad.

WOLFMondo
01-19-2005, 01:31 PM
I think Oleg once said there were somthing like 4 millions lines of code in FB...so the answer is its probably not as easy as you might think.

TheGozr
01-19-2005, 02:06 PM
No easy, there is just a mist match weights in loads. Just not caring that all.
But lets fix for 3.5 release the maximum speed of the P-11 first it's 2 km/h too slow. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

VW-IceFire
01-19-2005, 06:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheGozr:
No easy, there is just a mist match weights in loads. Just not caring that all.
But lets fix for 3.5 release the maximum speed of the P-11 first it's 2 km/h too slow. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I suppose your are intimately knowledgeable about the intricacies of programming a flight engine, physics model, and making it work on a home PC yes?

If you've got data on a bug, submit it...

TheGozr
01-19-2005, 08:06 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I really think that it's way more difficult to add more planes than to correct a weight load.
If i'm wrong tell me. It seams so logical.

VW-IceFire
01-19-2005, 08:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheGozr:
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I really think that it's way more difficult to add more planes than to correct a weight load.
If i'm wrong tell me. It seams so logical. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Planes? What does that have to do with it?

Allow me to interpret but you make it sound as if they just have a chart with a bunch of numbers in it and someone was lazy and messed some numbers around for fun. I'm not sure how they handle their weight loads and related physics calcualations in this game but I'm betting it gets passed through several layers of code and that values are added and modified for each. I'm suspecting that probably individual items are tallied up when placed on the aircraft. I'm not really sure...but its not a walk in the park. Coding never is.

I've done coding, I'm not a good programmer, but I've seen professional code for game engines and I've seen what happens in my own code...a simple program in comparison can be an incredibly complex beast of a thing that you never really know whats going to go wrong next. A change in one area will make a change in another....even when the two are seemingly unrelated for at least two layers down.

Its a complicated thing, a flight sim is way over my head from what I know, but I know enough to respect the complexity, trouble, and genius that goes into making these things work. I think the rest of you who think its like snapping fingers should wake up.

What you should do is, if you really have to take issue, gather some track files up, show the problem in as much detail and send it off. Its easier for them to solve problems when people are comprehensive about it. But its easier to be on a soapbox than to actually do something about it.

Anything that I've taken issue with in this game...I've been REALLY serious about it and tracked down the details, sent them in. If I'm not, then I'm not going to say much because I don't think its right to harp on something that you can't stand up and do for yourself.

Problem with the Hellcat and relative loadout weights. Lets solve it!

Daiichidoku
01-20-2005, 02:17 AM
Forgive me, cuz I never fly the Hellcat (always found it totally uninspiring...boooring), so I dont understand...

When you mean its harder to take off, do you mean it takes a longer roll/higher speed to unstick with the lighter load, or is it that it will flip and flop about, hard to control and groud looping, etc?

You take a light type like a Spit, and crank 'er around onto a runway, she scrapes wingtips aplenty....a massive heavy Jug stay true and solid on the ground until unstick time

If its cuz it flips/flops with light load, would this be the reason? and with heavy loadout she stay stable and firm on ground?

Just wondering, plz explain further, Gozr sir http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Maybe it will have to be one of thise things that must be lived with....take an A6M2-N, and fly it across a ships aerials/rigging lines....tear the floats off....despite weight loss, M2-N retains exact same FM as when floats on, no speed change, no turn rate change, etc.....I know, ripping floats off the zero could make it perform better, or much, much worse, but still funny how it stays the same, lool....just one of those things about the game

Capt_Pepper
01-21-2005, 07:34 AM
What Gozr is talking about is the weight load of the plane upon takeoff from a carrier.

With lighter loadouts, the plane acts like it's completely loaded down with a much heavier full loadout and 100% fuel.

Conversely, when it really is loaded with heavier loadouts, it takes off much more easily.

In other words, it's like it's backwards.....light loadouts = hard to take off. Heavy loadouts = easier to take off.