PDA

View Full Version : Writers and Producers should be flogged.

Ghost_131
11-29-2007, 12:13 PM
First let me preface by saying that on the whole - I've enjoyed playing Assassin's Creed. But, thanks to the Internet and the wonderful world of forum boards, I get to publicly ***** about stuff that I don't like whenever I feel like it, so I'm going to take full advantage.

This isn't a real threat, and bless them for trying, but Jade Raymond, Corey May and M. Dooma Wendschuh should be tied together with thick rope, hung upside down from a medium to large sized tree, and flogged with makeshift cat-o-nine tail whips that have copies of script writing books tied off at the ends. SERIOUSLY! THE ANIMUS? Who the F thought it would be a great idea to dump a bunch of Matrix sci-fi **** into an otherwise perfectly sweet 3rd Crusade universe?? Apparently running around ancient Jerusalem just wasn't cool enough. Nope. See kids nowadays need their Matrix helmets and their scientists and their bad writing and crappy voice acting. It's a proven fact. Don't believe me? Check out the Transformers movie. It made about 2 trillion dollars and is probably the dumbest thing I've seen in 10 years.

So three cheers to Ubisoft Montreal for not only conceiving (but APPROVING) of some of the worst story design ever.

*rubs eyes*

Whoa. What happened? I blacked out there for a minute. Ahh, I guess I'm done with my rant. I'll wrap this up with a list of things to fix for Assassin's Creed 2. (Or AC 2.0 as it will most likely be called)

1) Fire your writing staff and the people who approved of said writing.

2) Ever heard of weather? It probably wasn't a sunny day EVERY DAY during the crusades. Hows about a little rain or *gasp!* a moonlit night? Passage of time - work on it.

3) Drop an anvil on the voice actor (and the person who approved of using said voice actor) of the main character. WORST EVER!

4) Multiply the number of animated fight moves by a factor of 10.

5) Interactive AI. How about peasants you can talk to, buy goods from, or throw a tea party for?

6) Being more of an indoor assassin myself, why not build in some more interior locations?

7) Probably want to beef up on the assassin part of Assassin's Creed. You don't need a single shred of stealth in the whole game. I Conan'ed my way through every level no prob.

That should keep you busy for now. Till then - I'm going back to my Mass Effect and COD4.

DeAdLy2323
11-29-2007, 12:14 PM
do you really think we want to read this?

you obviously have no idea what a GAME is.

Ghost_131
11-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by DeAdLy2323:

I don't know. Yes?

Tela
11-29-2007, 12:36 PM
You say you rather liked the game. Leave it at that, and leave those who did a wonderful job on the game(aka, everyone) alone.

AirRon_2K7
11-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Ghost_131:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeAdLy2323:

I don't know. Yes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.

Well, first off, thanks for your opinion. It's always welcome (http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif). But, it seems you're missing the point. *withholds flame* It's the story, if you take the plot away from a game, then you're left with Pong... Second off, there are enough fight animations, I think greed comes into mind. The rest of what you say is either opinion (the voice acting and story) or RPG... weather? How would that help gameplay? I could understand maybe rain making free running slightly harder to do, but really? Interactive AI to a degree is fine, but buying goods? Why would an assassin need goods? Ooh, I'm sure they'd love to do their shopping, but they should be perfectly happy with the stuff at their bloody city. (long paragraph alert) The thing with indoor areas would be that you'd need Oblivion style loading to have anything more complicated than a box. Why would you want the action to be broken up with some stupid loading? Beats me. But seriously, Assassin's of the era didn't use "stealth" as such, especially since it was all about public assasinations. Yes, as you've mentioned, you can "conan" your way through the game, but I've also had a pretty fun time running around rooftops "avoiding" the guards... try it?

The reason why I may seem to negate some of your opinions (oh wait.. all of them) is because I don't see what the problem with the story is, it's obviously set up because it SHOULD be that way, and 'cos a sequel could be made from it. Seriously, didn't understand the ending? Poor Ubi... I also don't see why we need an RPG. There are enough "buy stuff from people" games out there... Mass Effect or Oblivion... or Final Fantasy, or Phantasy Star, or Lotro, or KotOR, or WoW anyone? How about more "assassin's Creed" genre games.

I'm fed up with ordinary, thank you Ubi.

DaSwedishChef
11-29-2007, 01:04 PM
5) Interactive AI. How about peasants you can talk to, buy goods from, or throw a tea party for?

Lol... rofl! TEA PARTY! BRILLIANT! SIMPLY BRILLIANT!@

best Troll post evAR! 10/10! I WANT A TEA PARTY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE EFFIN DESERT MEnWO! PATCH THAT IN NOW!

3) Drop an anvil on the voice actor (and the person who approved of using said voice actor) of the main character. WORST EVER!

YES! BRILLIANT YERT AGAINZ I LOVE THIS GUYs IDEARS U DRR MAN! FIRE EVERY VOICE ACTOR AND ONLY ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER DOES VOICE FOR EVERY ACTOR! MEEYEAaSz!

Tela
11-29-2007, 01:08 PM
@ Swedishchef: ...I hope you weren't serious. You didn't sound like it, but it's harder to tell on the internet.

@ the OP: Dude...the voice acting was FINE. You want bad? Play Castlevania: Symphony of the night.

Stillzero
11-29-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm sorry after half of your post i just shoved you in the corner with all the other idiots that try to force feed their negative opinions into my throat with the speed of light.

Seriously according to your opinion (because it's still just an opinion) Ubisoft should be violently sexually harrashed by a blackbear, but hey atleast they tryed something original instead of overstating several points and an opinion for the 100th time.

Here's an idea, communicate with all the other people i putted in my imaginary corner and all just make one thread and i do mean "one"/"1" thread and just moan there.

chickmgnt222
11-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Luckily I won't subject you to a long and arduous breakdown of your post and show you how ridiculous it is. I'm just too uninterested right now. However, I will post one word which sums everything up:

No.

Tela
11-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by chickmgnt222:
Luckily I won't subject you to a long and arduous breakdown of your post and show you how ridiculous it is. I'm just too uninterested right now. However, I will post one word which sums everything up:

No.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Though, that's quite the bit shorter than your usual posts.

@ OP: Seriously. they did nothing wrong.

Ghost_131
11-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Sheesh! You guys really loved this game! That's cool!

I fully appreciate everything that Ubisoft created for Assassin's Creed - but that doesn't mean they're completely infallible.

How come everyone here thinks this is the best game ever made? Don't you think it has ANY flaws?

Tela
11-29-2007, 01:44 PM
@ Ghost: In my opinion the best game ever played is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Assassin's Creed is one of THE best, though.

Ghost_131
11-29-2007, 01:44 PM
And just for the record - I didn't say ANYTHING about any Ubisoft employee getting sexually harassed by black bears.

All I said was that a select FEW needed a good flogging with script writing books tethered to heavy ropes.

DreamerM
11-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Don't you think it has ANY flaws?

Of course it has flaws. However, we don't see the need to dwell on them, considering how much more they did right. The game isn't perfect, but it's fun to play and that's what matters.

It's not about thinking the game has no flaws, it's seeing those flaws and liking the game anyway.

I had to deal with a friend of mine who ranted in frustation and horror at all the fake science in the game. I am a Heroes fan and thus have a very high fake-science tolerance. The characters are interesting, there's a healthy amount of mystery, and the slowly unfolding plotline is intriguing, so I'm perfectly willing to forget the nitpicks and enjoy the ride. It's worth it.

BTOG46
11-29-2007, 01:51 PM
"All I said was that a select FEW needed a good flogging with script writing books tethered to heavy ropes."

lol, the thought of a scene like that conjures up some strangely disturbing visions. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
But seriously, all games have flaws, some have major ones and some minor, but what a lot of people have been calling flaws in AC, simply aren't.
A lot of the people who say the game is flawed simply mean the game isn't quite what they would like and would be better if......[insert game idea of your choice here]...... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

NECESARY_EVIL
11-29-2007, 01:58 PM
WAIT A BETTER IDEA!!!!!!

I want a PERFECT AC2. there, problem solved.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-29-2007, 02:31 PM
It seems to me that the OP wants AC to be a MMORPG. It isn't, deal with it.
I'll address the points the OP made specifically:

1) The writing was fine. Not the greatest, true, but hardly worth firing someone over.

2) Weather? This is not a MMORPG. We don't need weather.

3) As for Altair's voice acting, I agree with the OP - worst acting ever. All the other characters put him to shame.

4) More fight moves? No thanks! You may like button-mashing games but most people don't. Having a bunch of button combos only confuses people and then instead of thinking about their responses they just mash the buttons and hope for the best. The game has more than enough options if you take the time to learn them.

5) Interactive AI and peasants you can talk to, buy goods from, or throw a tea party for? This is not a MMORPG. What features would you be prepared to lose in order to add this stuff? In my opinion this stuff is not worth a single lost feature.

6) Interior locations? Why? Again, this is not an MMORPG.

7) Too much fighting and not enough stealth?This is the most unnecessary criticism yet. If you want to stealth your way through you can - the game can be completed after killing only 10 people. If you want to kill everyone in your way you have that option too, and everything inbetween. Optional ways to complete the game are a GOOD thing.

DeAdLy2323
11-29-2007, 02:33 PM
hes got an american accent on purpose.......i think all the voice acting is very good, including altairs and desmonds

Pr0metheus 1962
11-29-2007, 02:41 PM
hes got an american accent on purpose...

I realise that, but does he have to sound like Mr. Spock on valium?

Dvlos56
11-29-2007, 03:18 PM
That should keep you busy for now. Till then - I'm going back to my Mass Effect and COD4.

Mass Effect is one of the best games I have ever played.. moving on.

Get ready for a series of drive-by's from 7-8 of the same people calling you a troll or trying to discredit your intelligence. Case and point, first reply is already a knock on your ability to play games for fun. Sigh.

I agree with a lot of what you said. Although to be honest, I kind of enjoy some aspects of the story, the main character sticks out like a sore thumb though. (see my thread Graphical Creed, for a full novel of complaints). You said:

Probably want to beef up the assassin part of Assassin's Creed

That is a great way of expressing this, however they were trying to give you choice of going Rambo on Jerusalem or being stealthy. So the fact you can go all combat is a design choice (focus testing with the elderly probably). I agree 100% though you're second choice "stealth" offers no reward and is not really there. There really is no challenge to the entire game once you get a hang of the controls... and you have to credit them with very fluid controls, but put them down for unchallenging unvaried gameplay and mission design.

Also come on Ghost.. they use girls to sell cars, why not games? I'm sure J. R. only knows 1 thing about games, that predominantly guys buy them. Not convinced? Go listen to the way Desilets/Carmack/Molyneux/Dyack/Cliffy B. talk about the games their designing and then go back to J.R... case closed.

AirRon:
How about more "assassin's Creed" genre games.

You get on the guy who's making a point about weather, time of day, .. it looks like he wants a game with variety. The story is not going to win any Oscars either so relax, it's not the most mind blowing story, but its not bad at all.

Why would you want the action to be broken up with some stupid loading?

Do you have ADD or digestive problems or something? You can't see a loading screen and wait for a bit? Even so, I would trade "more gameplay challenge and variety" for "Loading screens" any day of the week.

- Mindless 2-dimensional game in which Right Trigger + 1 Button solves everything but NO LOADING SCREENS

or

- Deeply satisfying game full of choices in both gameplay and story direction, indoor and outdoor levels, with a living breathing city with truly revolutionary AI.. but some loading screens.

Someone queue the final Jeopardy music.

Sorry Ghost, you're honest observations regarding the flaws are not wanted here (but I appreciate reading them). You're going to have to contend with Chick Managment, Tela, AirRonPS3, Deadly.. and if you're not careful Beeryus will start calling your opinions wrong while asking you to respect their correct opinions.

BTOG46:
But seriously, all games have flaws, some have major ones and some minor, but what a lot of people have been calling flaws in AC, simply aren't.

Kind of a broad statement, a lot of the complaints on this board, and those from professional reviewers ARE the same! Also who are you to say something is not a flaw when the player believes it is? I think the fact many people feel the same way about the same thing sort of proves a deficiency in that department.

But hey AC is perfect right fans? Here I got some games to sell to you guys!

Origami HD - Fold paper into anything you want! By anything you want I mean 3 predesigned models, but look they are really cool! A crane! A paper airplane! And a wallet! Folding is very fluid and intuitive and by that I mean you hold right trigger and press X, you don't even have to press X at the right time.. just press X and you win!

3-plays only NFL Football: That's right football is too hard, now I bring you the football game you've ALWAYS wanted, 3 plays football features only 3 plays. Those plays work for offense AND defense. Just press RT and hold A and watch the players PLAY the game by themselves. Regardless of the play you choose you win. Relax.

1 Player 1 Moves Chess: No learning moves or rules, just press butan and win.

Ghost_131
11-29-2007, 03:18 PM
hes got an american accent on purpose.......i think all the voice acting is very good, including altairs and desmonds

And you think I have bad taste?

Dvlos56
11-29-2007, 03:20 PM
Is there a SPECIFIC place AC's flaws can be talked about so devs listen to the fans?

DreamerM
11-29-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Dvlos56:
Is there a SPECIFIC place AC's flaws can be talked about so devs listen to the fans?

Oh, this is Ubi's own forum, I have a feeling they're out there somewhere.

And if I see any fans, I'll tell them. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Tela
11-29-2007, 03:26 PM
Awhile ago someone made a thread titled something along the lines of "criers cry here now". I'm sure if all those with problems with th game just went there, it would be easier for the Devs to keep track of them all, and listen.

BTOG46
11-29-2007, 03:33 PM
With some games, the devs and the producer drop by the forums, I know the user names of a few, and I've exchanged pm's, but I don't know any of the AC team though.

Ghost_131
11-29-2007, 03:50 PM
I should clarify (not that anyone cares) that I'm not interested in MMORPG elements per say - I just think that environments of this magnitude should include a bit more interaction than mere building climbing. And all you can do with the general population is push them over, punch them, or shiv them.

Based on the crippling repetition later in the game, there should be more options available to the player to interact with civilians.

And don't tell me that adding environmental effects like rain, wind, night and day wouldn't enhance a game like this - it would take it to a whole new level.

DeAdLy2323
11-29-2007, 04:05 PM
yes a whole new level, being what. what good would putting rain and night and day do with a game in which you publicly assassinate people and then blend in with the crowd to get away. it is based on social stealth, not hide and go seek stealth. and what would be the point of rain? it would just give you the feeling of what rain makes you feel. and wind, there already is wind, it just doesnt affect you at all.

im gonna take a wild guess at what you are going to say

"but it makes it feel more like real life" yes real life, thats exactly what we want in a GAME. i doubt if i start playing Parcheesi (awesome board game) that i would want real life to have anything to do with it. (ok bad example) you use a game to escape from the real world, not make you deal with it more. if you want a game with real life, go get a flight sim or something.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-29-2007, 04:07 PM
And don't tell me that adding environmental effects like rain, wind, night and day wouldn't enhance a game like this - it would take it to a whole new level.

A whole new level of what? Useless chrome? This is a game, not a simulator or an online world. A game like this has no use for extraneous detail. There is no point for weather being in the game. It wouldn't add to the experience because none of the segments feature enough passage of time to support changes in weather. Besides, weather in the Middle-East is just not that changeable. Whenever we see images on the news from there, guess what, it's hot, dusty and sunny. If the game was set in England I could understand putting in some changeability to the weather, but it's not.

This is a simple game that has a few simple but effective game mechanics. It's not meant to be more than it is and adding complexity is not only unnecessary, but it would potentially take away from the features the game already has. There's a strong possibility that the graphics on this game push the capacity of the DVD to its limit, so what feature would you remove in order to put in your weather effects? Isn't the game ALREADY being criticised for a lack of mission variety?

Games like this are limited in scope. When a game is in a certain genre it's usually not possible for it to feature aspects of other genres, because the fans of a certain genre expect a certain number of features that are specific to that genre. That's why there are very few cross-genre titles and it's why those that do exist have been poorly received. So a game like this doesn't have the ability to add details that one would find in a MMORPG and a MMORPG doesn't have the capability to have this game's beautiful scenery and smooth character movement. This game pushes the envelope in terms of graphics and all people can say is "Oh sure, the graphics are cool but the gameplay is lacking". Some people are never satisfied and they expect that a DVD can carry terabytes of data for their pet features - features that are usually completely superfluous and add nothing to the game experience. DVDs carry 8.5GB max - that's not an awful lot of capacity for today's games, especially when the games are graphically intensive with high definition images.

Tela
11-29-2007, 04:08 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif At Deadly's post. (and, no,...you're NOT an idiot)

Kaxen6
11-29-2007, 04:08 PM
I don't get why so many people who want weather yell for rain.

Middle East + Summer = how much rain???

ocataco
11-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Kaxen6:
I don't get why so many people who want weather yell for rain.

Middle East + Summer = how much rain???

AC totally needs snow http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Pr0metheus 1962
11-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by ocataco:
AC totally needs snow http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Yup. And tornadoes, and tidal waves and volcanic eruptions. Perhaps the odd meteor shower. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Plus we need a realistic night sky with the moon, stars and planets in their proper configuration for the Summer of 1191. If Jupiter is out of place I'll be really disappointed 'cos that stuff REALLY matters in an action game like this.

MasterNeilson
11-29-2007, 04:31 PM
WOW, hopefully poor Ubi won't make the mistake again and the game will be a perfect 10/10 ( Has a game ever deserved a honest 10/10? ), beats listening to your *****ing all the time about all the flaws, maybe you'll try and keep your ******ed posts in one thread for the sequal, and all us REAL members can live in holy matrimony, if that does'nt work out to well for ya, and you like the attention, then i suggest you GTFO. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

There are enough negative threads in these forums for the Ubi guys thank you.

Dvlos56
11-29-2007, 04:36 PM
Why did everyone just focus on his weather point?

I kind of agree with Beeryus though, sort of. Adding weather is cosmetic and it would be very doubtful you could actually make weather a gameplay factor.

What I don't agree with is the NEW idea that adding in depth or strategy would ruin the game, as if it's this perfect delicate flower. Keep the simple control scheme if you want, but add in challenge and SOME.. SOME complexity to all the actions.

I'm working on my 5th target and I've grown extremely annoyed already with just WATCHING Altair do everything. In the first 10-15 minutes of AC I kept falling off buildings because I would use RT+A to jump from ledge to window to balcony ledge... and instead kept jumping off the building. Until I realized you only need to RT+A to jump onto a building.. after that its just a matter of holding up RT+Up.

Can someone expand on that please? If climbing is easy, can the guards be smarter? Forcing you to be more creative with escape routes? Can they give you less obvious escape spots and bales of hay (and whoever thought hiding in a bench in plain sight was good idea, slap him/her)?

Simple Control Scheme demands a varied and strategic game.. but AC offers you simple control scheme and simple/unstrategic experience.

Everyone's sons in the third crusade apparently are cowardly, useless idiots, who are all not-as brave as Altair!

Also someone said you can play with stealth and only kill 10 people.. uh, I think you are quite wrong.

Altair kills his informers, you have to purposely kill guards to be a "bad Assassin" in the first 2-3 minutes of the game. Also some targets like the slave trader FORCE you into combat with 7 guards no matter what. If you go for the silent kill.. you are greeted with a long cutscene and right after the cutscene you are surrounded by alerted guards.

dirtybird21
11-29-2007, 05:36 PM
I wanna be just like you when i grow up.

Seriously, This is a video game.

Ghost_131
11-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Beeryus:
There's a strong possibility that the graphics on this game push the capacity of the DVD to its limit, so what feature would you remove in order to put in your weather effects?

Well, since a quarter of your time is spent inside an idiotic science lab wearing a virtual reality helmet, you could remove all the scientists, lab geometry, and Kristen Bell voice overs and BAM! You've got 2 gigs worth of available space! That should be plenty of room for better writing, weather effects and more diverse gameplay. There'd probably even be enough left over for a low-poly Beeryus peasant model. He'd be tethered to a post in the middle of town screaming something intelligible about how it never rains in Damascus and you could buy baskets of tomatoes from a local vendor (another added feature) and throw them at him all day.

I do like your idea of including tornadoes though. You could climb to the top of them and then ride them between cities Wizard of Oz-style.

Tela
11-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Gosh. People in this thread are so rude(*cough*nudge*Ghost*nudge*)...should I pick up the sexy swagger topic here too?

Ghost_131
11-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Dvlos56:
What I don't agree with is the NEW idea that adding in depth or strategy would ruin the game, as if it's this perfect delicate flower. Keep the simple control scheme if you want, but add in challenge and SOME.. SOME complexity to all the actions.

Huzzah!

Lazybeans
11-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Tela:
Gosh. People in this thread are so rude(*cough*nudge*Ghost*nudge*)...should I pick up the sexy swagger topic here too?

Haha, I vote yes! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

Ghost_131
11-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Okay - I take back what I said about the tornadoes.

Tela
11-29-2007, 06:21 PM
There's actually a video on youtube(for AC, of course) that starts out with said sexy swagger.

Search: assassins creed godsmack stand alone

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

Lazybeans
11-29-2007, 06:27 PM
There's actually a video on youtube(for AC, of course) that starts out with said sexy swagger.

Search: assassins creed godsmack stand alone

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

There's like 5 million of videos with those keywords. :/ Do you have a specific URL?

Tela
11-29-2007, 06:33 PM
It shouldn't come up with so many....you're on youtube, right? I'll try and find who did the video...

Lazybeans
11-29-2007, 06:35 PM
It shouldn't come up with so many....you're on youtube, right? I'll try and find who did the video...

...Well, ok, 9. Still.

Tela
11-29-2007, 06:35 PM
video by " marcocatena "

Ghost_131
11-29-2007, 06:38 PM
im gonna take a wild guess at what you are going to say

"but it makes it feel more like real life"

Actually, I was going to say that "life feels more real when it's wet." Good guess though.

Altair778
11-29-2007, 06:39 PM
wow
I didnt even bother to read your post. The reason that they had a scfi plot was so that the plot would be interesting, new, and they could make a sequel that wasnt the same thing.

Lazybeans
11-29-2007, 06:40 PM
video by " marcocatena "

Oh, I did see that one. It just confused me because it started out with the horse, then the swagger. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Ghost_131
11-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Altair778:
wow
I didnt even bother to read your post. The reason that they had a scfi plot was so that the plot would be interesting, new, and they could make a sequel that wasnt the same thing.

I didn't bother to read your reply, but they sure missed the mark then. Because it's neither interesting OR new.

Why couldn't they just make a game that ACTUALLY takes place during the 3rd Crusade? THAT would've been new and interesting.

Tela
11-29-2007, 06:44 PM
YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT ASSASSIN'S CREED 2 NEEDS!!!???!!!???...

...More sexy swaggering Altair, of course!

Ghost_131
11-29-2007, 06:49 PM
YOU KNOW WHAT THIS THREAD NEEDS!!!???!!!???...

LESS OF YOUR POSTS!

Tela
11-29-2007, 06:52 PM
NEVER!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif(dude, if you can't take a girl having fun...you phail at life. P-H-A-I-L PHAIL!!!)

dirtybird21
11-29-2007, 06:53 PM
YOU KNOW WHAT YOU NEED???!?!?!?

The antidote, BUT I WONT TELL YOU WHERE IT IS!

edit @ ghostbuster

Tela
11-29-2007, 07:11 PM
Ghost is, apparently not here now...which means I rule a thread! *evil laugh*.....J.K.

Ghost_131
11-29-2007, 07:13 PM
Sorry...I was playing Assassin's Creed.

You rule nothing! MY THREAD!

BTOG46
11-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Sorry...I was playing Assassin's Creed.

You rule nothing! MY THREAD!
Sorry mate, you've been thread jacked. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

avsrule247
11-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Ghost is a moron, seems like nothing pleases him. Instead of listing the million great things about the game, he has gone into a sad depression and only looks at the bad things in life... and in Assassin's Creed. He fails to realize that no game is perfect and thinks he is smarter then everyone, including the developers themselves.

Great job Ghost, you won the weekly moron award!

Ghost_131
11-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by avsrule247:
Ghost is a moron, seems like nothing pleases him. Instead of listing the million great things about the game, he has gone into a sad depression and only looks at the bad things in life... and in Assassin's Creed. He fails to realize that no game is perfect and thinks he is smarter then everyone, including the developers themselves.

Not smarter than everyone else - just smarter than you avsrule247!

There's a WEEKLY moron award? It must take a lot of time and dedication on your part to hand all of those out! Keep up the good work buddy!

Lazybeans
11-29-2007, 07:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by avsrule247:

There's a WEEKLY moron award? It must take a lot of time and dedication on your part to hand all of those out! Keep up the good work buddy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

avsrule247
11-29-2007, 07:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by avsrule247:

There's a WEEKLY moron award? It must take a lot of time and dedication on your part to hand all of those out! Keep up the good work buddy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just called yourself stupid, by implying that you are only smarter then me. I love how people try to sound smart, and end up making fun of themselves.

You should be very proud of the moron award. It only goes out to the most depressing emo kids that have nothing better to do but look for glitches and bugs, and all the flaws about games or life in general, and post them on an internet message board for people they don't know. Not many people are lucky enough to receive this honor.

Tela
11-29-2007, 07:37 PM
WRONG Ghost! ALL YOUR THREADS ARE BELONGING TO US!!!!!

Ghost_131
11-29-2007, 07:38 PM
It took you over ten minutes to reply to that! How many drafts of that post did you go through before posting?

Tela
11-29-2007, 07:40 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Lazybeans
11-29-2007, 07:41 PM
NO MORE FLAMES!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

...and more Altair! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

Ghost_131
11-29-2007, 07:42 PM
I love how people try to sound smart, and end up making fun of themselves.

HAHA! Me too! We have so much in common!

Tela
11-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Lazybeans:
NO MORE FLAMES!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

...and more Altair! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

HELL YEAH!!! http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

....less Ghost?

Ghost_131
11-29-2007, 07:51 PM
Okay - I'm officially declaring myself winner of this thread and the entire argument. If this thread stays on the front page for another 24 hours I am the king of Assassin's Creed land and will be formally better than all of you.

Thanks for the laughs!

Tela
11-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Jerk! Yuo phail! You phail miserably! YOU CANNOT BE KING WITHOUT LOYAL SUBJECTS!!!!(which you, dear,...lack)

dirtybird21
11-29-2007, 08:16 PM
Now that makes 3 people on this forum i can't stand...

Tela
11-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Me?

dirtybird21
11-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Me?

Exactly, I can't stand you so much you = 3 people.

AldirTheKnight
11-29-2007, 08:25 PM
WRONG Ghost! ALL YOUR THREADS ARE BELONGING TO US!!!!!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/205/463034437_80579e855e.jpg

NECESARY_EVIL
11-29-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by dirtybird21:

Me?

Let me name them for you.

1. Ghost_131
2.Royal.Mist
3.PrivateJ0ker

?? well how did I do... ??

Tela
11-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by dirtybird21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tela:
Me?

Exactly, I can't stand you so much you = 3 people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not what I meant! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

AldirTheKnight
11-29-2007, 08:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dirtybird21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tela:
Me?

Not what I meant! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

click me (http://tela.justgotowned.com/)

Lazybeans
11-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by AldirTheKnight:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dirtybird21:
Me?

Not what I meant! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

click me (http://tela.justgotowned.com/) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Tela
11-29-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by AldirTheKnight:
Me?

click me (http://tela.justgotowned.com/) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

....you really don't like me much, do you?

AldirTheKnight
11-29-2007, 08:37 PM
it was a joke http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

but...

you got owned
(owned owned owned)

Tela
11-29-2007, 08:39 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

NECESARY_EVIL
11-29-2007, 08:40 PM
LULz (http://www.youfail.org)

Lazybeans
11-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by NECESARY_EVIL:
LULz (http://www.youfail.org)
I love Trans-Siberian Orchestra! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

dirtybird21
11-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by NECESARY_EVIL:

Me?

Let me name them for you.

1. Ghost_131
2.Royal.Mist
3.PrivateJ0ker

?? well how did I do... ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lmao... that's the exact 3.

And yeah i was kidding Tela... You're one of the three people i like most actually lol.

Tela
11-29-2007, 09:08 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

Pr0metheus 1962
11-30-2007, 06:51 AM
you could remove all the scientists, lab geometry, and Kristen Bell voice overs and BAM! You've got 2 gigs worth of available space!

Okay let me get this straight - you would remove the entire point of the story in order to put in... drum roll please... WEATHER!

Blimey I'm glad you weren't in charge of development.

Dvlos56
11-30-2007, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Altair778:
wow

You sure about that? Are you sure the sci-fi plot would have made things interesting? Or was the scifi plot mainly used to show you why parts of the city are blocked off? To show you why you reset when you die? To limit you from killing civvies?

Do you feel that if they would have crafted a game that takes place entirely in the third crusade era middle east with no sci-fi plot couldn't have been just as interesting, and then a sequel involving the same guy or a new guy in a different era wouldn't follow?

It just seems like they wanted to cover up little things, and in order to save all that motion capture work they did, they'll find a way to sci-fi explain why the AC2 guy moves exactly the same.

Okay let me get this straight - you would remove the entire point of the story in order to put in... drum roll please... WEATHER!

Way to misquote! He also said more missions, gameplay variety.. cleverly missed those didn't ya?

AirRon_2K7
11-30-2007, 09:44 AM
You sure about that? Are you sure the sci-fi plot would have made things interesting? Or was the scifi plot mainly used to show you why parts of the city are blocked off? To show you why you reset when you die? To limit you from killing civvies?

Do you feel that if they would have crafted a game that takes place entirely in the third crusade era middle east with no sci-fi plot couldn't have been just as interesting, and then a sequel involving the same guy or a new guy in a different era wouldn't follow?

It just seems like they wanted to cover up little things, and in order to save all that motion capture work they did, they'll find a way to sci-fi explain why the AC2 guy moves exactly the same.

So you think that they created a WHOLE plot, just to cover up little things that are a result of ... what? I like how this guy is like logged onto the minds of AC's development team, either that or you DON'T actually have the knowledge that the rest of us "fanboys" are lacking. Or maybe it comes down to your superiority, y'know, you being a veteran gamer an' all.

These features are rather clearly added because of the sci fi plot, not the other way round... complete the game and you'll see that you are no longer limited to the amount of civvies that you kill, and that you can go anywhere you want... The game resets when yuo die? How else would you have it reset? When you're in the middle of an assassination? Or would you prefer a game over screen? or maybe... just for the game to switch off when you've finished it...

[post now]

Dvlos56
11-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
These features are rather clearly added because of the sci fi plot, not the other way round... complete the game and you'll see that you are no longer limited to the amount of civvies that you kill, and that you can go anywhere you want... The game resets when yuo die? How else would you have it reset? When you're in the middle of an assassination? Or would you prefer a game over screen? or maybe... just for the game to switch off when you've finished it...

The sci fi plot explains many of the game's hang ups. How can Altair lose a mentally learned skill like "breaking a grab"? Oh the ANIMUS. Why can't the player head into the rich are of Jerusalem? Oh the ANIMUS. How come the player dies and reappears on the rooftop? Oh the ANIMUS, it's all just a simulated memory. Why can't Altair kill civvies, oh its the ANIMUS.

Not to mention that in E3 2005, there was no sci-fi plot it was just this Third Crusade assassin game. E3 2006 now its a hush hush sci-fi plot, yeah I think in part the sci-fi aspect creeped up between 2005-2006, and yes they use it as a giant deus ex device. The sci-fi aspect then serves to lead into sequels and finally a future-only episode, all the while creating a new hero like Sam Fisher or The Prince. That's fine with me, except Desmond in my eyes is not that likeable, his voice actor is pretty amateurish. Perhaps he'll grow on me with time..

Tela
11-30-2007, 10:58 AM
The idea for the sci-fi plot may have always been there, but they may not have been sure of it in the begining, so said nothing.

mdonatelli
11-30-2007, 11:28 AM
I somewhat agree with TC. Though the story is kinda cool when I FIRST heard of this game I was real excited someone was finally making a game based on this turbulent and interesting time period. ALl of TC's other suggestions are key-point. This 'open world' is hardly open. I'm sure development was dumbed down (to accomodate...ahem..) by immeasurable proportions.

Next game should be more immersive and a new writing staff could do them good.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by mdonatelli:
This 'open world' is hardly open.

Hmmm. I don't seem to recall being forced down one path. All 'open world' means in terms of game design is that it's not linear so you can explore where you like. The game achieves this.

If you want the game to be more open then you're asking for it to be like a MMORPG. This sort of game isn't intended to be that and it can't be that because of disc capacity constraints - you can't put a MMORPG-style server-hosted world onto an offline game disc - it just can't be done.

I'm sure development was dumbed down (to accomodate...ahem..) by immeasurable proportions.

Based on what evidence? People keep saying that it was dumbed down but for some incomprehensible reason they never seem to be able to show any evidence. Speculation is what Sunday morning TV political talk shows are all about. But here, as it is there, it has more to do with fantasy than reality. Mental masturbation may be entertaining, but it's not very productive.

If you have some facts to back up your accusations, publish them. Otherwise go and pursue your conspiracy theories elsewhere.

Dvlos56
11-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Beeryus:
All 'open world' means in terms of game design is that it's not linear so you can explore where you like.

Usually open world also means you can do whatever you want with the tools the devs give you. Like Saint's Row, GTA, Crackdown.

AC has several limiters on your main play through, it's mission structure is pretty forced on you as well. Assassinations are not that open, sure you can approach a target from multiple angles, but most approachs yield little discernible advantage/disadvantage.

It is "free-running" but the "open world" concept has been neutered a bit.