PDA

View Full Version : THESE looks kind of fun:)



F19_Orheim
12-20-2004, 07:24 PM
http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/AC/order/WWII.htm

PS: I wonder if they pay TMhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

T_O_A_D
12-20-2004, 07:26 PM
Hmm I wonder if I can take some micro R/C servos and lipo batteries to those. Might be worth a try.

LStarosta
12-20-2004, 08:45 PM
Most of those are really poorly done, while some like the Do335 look pretty detailed. There are A LOT of REALLY detailed card models that look almost like the real thing though if you look hard enough! I have a few folders laying around, but I still have a lot of Plastic 1/72's to go through, so I'll get those out of the way first!

HansKnappstick
12-21-2004, 01:27 AM
They do not "pay" TM, because they were very careful not to say "Supermarine Spitfire" or "Grumman Wildcat", just "Spitfire" and "Wildcat".

I was trying to assemble a card model plane once (not of that manufacturer). Cheez, what a pain. I gave up mainly due to the wires being too soft to support wheels. If I knew what I know now (after years of modelling in plastic), perhaps it would end up in a better way.

woofiedog
12-21-2004, 03:57 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif They look Pretty Mint... F19_Orheim! And G-----n/N------p must be rolling in the dough pull in by the Royalties from these Aircraft. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Agamemnon22
12-21-2004, 09:39 AM
Meh.. there's barely any cabin detail, in some cases not at all.

Anyone here from Poland and know/remember there used to be a magazine back in the late 80s that had a new paper model every month? I don't remember the name, but they had some excellent models, very detailed. Man I hope that mag is still around, anyone know?

LStarosta
12-21-2004, 10:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Agamemnon22:
Meh.. there's barely any cabin detail, in some cases not at all.

Anyone here from Poland and know/remember there used to be a magazine back in the late 80s that had a new paper model every month? I don't remember the name, but they had some excellent models, very detailed. Man I hope that mag is still around, anyone know? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, there are MANY card model monthly's out there. Maybe you were thinking of Maly Modelarz ? That's certainly one of the more popular ones. Most of the really high quality card models you will find are Polish, and I don't mean that with bias, it's just an observation I made.

IV-JG51_L.Z
12-21-2004, 11:55 AM
I still have 2 of those that I bought at Duxford in 94, the Spitfire and 109E.

TX-EcoDragon
12-21-2004, 12:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by T_O_A_D:
Hmm I wonder if I can take some micro R/C servos and lipo batteries to those. Might be worth a try. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better yet take a look here TOAD:

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/warbirds.htm

FatBoyHK
12-21-2004, 01:00 PM
oh!!!!!!!! I wanna buy these birds NOW!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

Waldo.Pepper
12-21-2004, 02:39 PM
Don't tell Grumman about that site!

F0_Dark_P
12-21-2004, 03:05 PM
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/warbirds.htm nice 109 they had there i want that one http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

BaldieJr
12-21-2004, 08:59 PM
I found a free brewster, printed it, and built it during downtime at work... way more fun that I thought it would be.

I'm going to pick up some glue and a new Xacto knife tomorrow http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

JG301_nils
12-22-2004, 11:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BaldieJr:
I found a free brewster, printed it, and built it during downtime at work... way more fun that I thought it would be.

I'm going to pick up some glue and a new Xacto knife tomorrow http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What you do for work Baldie?? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I´d be killed if my boss found me building stuff like this at work, hehe
But of course if the model is nice, it´s maybe worth it?

BaldieJr
12-22-2004, 11:57 AM
Network Engineer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Its like being a fire-fighter: noone notices you untill an emergency pops up.