PDA

View Full Version : Its not a wobble

BattFink
12-27-2005, 02:38 AM
Ok I have a problem.
At start of campaign before take off and every 3 to 5 mins play my plane does a dance.
EG: flying along then wack: Left wing dips suddenly then right wing dips while MGs go off left wing dip, right wing dip and my view looks back over my left shoulder as the nose dips.
This all happens in a second or two.

Now I know there has been a big discussion about wobble but this isnt wobble.
Wobble i could handle, but when the plane suddenly flutters and im looking over my shoulder and hafta reset my view and relevel the plane it gets really frustrating.
It causes a crash when im close to ground.
I love the game but this flutter effect is really starting to pee me off.
Its always been there in all play (IL2FB,AEP,PF).
Is there a fix or am i the only one?

BattFink
12-27-2005, 02:38 AM
Ok I have a problem.
At start of campaign before take off and every 3 to 5 mins play my plane does a dance.
EG: flying along then wack: Left wing dips suddenly then right wing dips while MGs go off left wing dip, right wing dip and my view looks back over my left shoulder as the nose dips.
This all happens in a second or two.

Now I know there has been a big discussion about wobble but this isnt wobble.
Wobble i could handle, but when the plane suddenly flutters and im looking over my shoulder and hafta reset my view and relevel the plane it gets really frustrating.
It causes a crash when im close to ground.
I love the game but this flutter effect is really starting to pee me off.
Its always been there in all play (IL2FB,AEP,PF).
Is there a fix or am i the only one?

Kuna15
12-27-2005, 02:40 AM
That could be your joystick (issue with joystick). Perhaps filtering can help to prevent it. Go in game Hardware Setup > Input and watch your green/red dot. If you don't touch the joystick they should be one over other at all times.

TooCooL34
12-27-2005, 02:50 AM
You might use Logitech stick, right? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

That's not game feature or bug, it sure is faulty joystick problem.

BattFink
12-27-2005, 02:53 AM
I have a microsoft Sidewinder 3D Pro plus.
I ran a diagnostic test on joystick and all is fine .
done a recalibration and nothing different.

I mean literaly as Im sitting on runway awaiting take off this happens. Even when Im not touching the joystick.
No other game I have does this.

CD_kp84yb
12-27-2005, 04:21 AM
Hey there,

I had some kind of those dances since the early versions (1.22 and so on) I found out it was my cheap soundblaster PCI128 that let my wings drop to the left or right sometimes it felt like the plane had the hickups. So i disabled the sound from that card and used the onboard souncard (its better than the blaster) and use the soundblaster as a gameport for my flightsystem.
Guess what, and didnt had any of those hickups again and that is since 1,5 year .

regards

HotelBushranger
12-27-2005, 04:50 AM
Go to Control Panel, Game Controllers and have a look if it goes crazy there as well. If so, it probably just needs a good calibration http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

MC202zipper
12-27-2005, 02:59 PM
When I had an old but good 3D Logitech Extreme Digital gone bad (it was spiky, and it behaved exactly as you described your issue) I couldn't see anything wrong in the WinXP>Start>Control Panel>Game devices (or what is the name in english version apart from often loosing calibration, no matter how many times I calibrated the stick.
By chance I was later trying to filter the spikes in the in-game joystick control page (go in game's Hardware Setup > Input: you have one for Pitch, one for Roll..) and as I left the page open for some minutes while answering a phone call, I noticed that the red pipper (is the red square pipper that is normally under the green one & helps to understand the settings you apply) suddenly started jumping around for a couple of seconds..
and then nothing again for a couple of minutes or maybe just one minute, then the "shakes" again...

A good cleaning of the pots inside my stick cured it...

S!
MC202zipper