PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Elevator Piller in Laki'Ann

Silvergtv8
01-07-2006, 11:06 AM
I am stuck in the piller elveator in the Arena of Laki'ahn. I
was standing on it when it was down and I left the game. When I returned the piller is up and I am inside it. I can look around and see everything.

Is there anyway of getting out? My last picture save I tookd was back when I first started the game,

Thanks

Alahmnat
01-07-2006, 01:27 PM
This is a known bug, the most common solution for which is restoring your last saved game. Obviously this isn't an ideal situation in your case, but since I'm not sure what can be done to copy your progress to a previous saved game, I'll not give you instructions on how to do so since I don't want to risk completely destroying your game.

Heimdall, any suggestions on copy/pasting data files from his current progress into a saved game? I know that at the very least he'll need to copy all of his Ages' .data files, but I don't know if slot.dat or GlobalState.data should go with it or not, or if it'll even work at all.

Heimdall_G
01-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Silvergtv8,

As a first pass, try step 3 under Stack Violation Error in Myst V: Main Branch & Stack Violation Error Fixes With Win XP (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3471054943/m/9141039563).

Silvergtv8
01-08-2006, 09:49 AM
I looked at that and that would do the same as saving from the last "picture save" I did which was back in Taghira.

I do have all the symbols so i could buzz through there and start Laki'Ann over again. Probably have 10mins work now that I know how to get to where I got stuck.

Thanks!

wombat37
01-22-2006, 10:35 AM
I too got stuck in this pillar. I misunderstood the purpose of the camera (Myst does a great job of explaining things like saving your games in an indirect and obscure manner) and so I had no saved games to go back to.

I was about to trash the whole game because this pillar bug is terminal (there really is no way out) when I decided to try the Windows system restore and, yes, it actually worked! I was returned to a position I was at on the previous day.

I wouldn't recommend this as a strategy but if you're stupid like me and haven't saved any games, it does allow you to continue without restarting the game right from the beginning.

My finger is now continually poised over the save camera http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I hope this helps someone else.

Andy