PDA

View Full Version : What's the best Assassin's Creed Music so Far?

HIBEE12
06-15-2011, 09:39 AM
??

reini03
06-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Depends on your personal opinion!
In my eyes (or ears...), AC2 and ACB have the best soundtracks. Love them.

HIBEE12
06-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
Depends on your personal opinion!
In my eyes (or ears...), AC2 and ACB have the best soundtracks. Love them.

yes i'd have to agree, but if a certain song it would be ezio's family, yours ?

cless711
06-15-2011, 10:54 AM
My personal favorites are the wetlands chase theme in AC2 and also the city alert song in AC1

Mic_92
06-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Venice soundtrack.

iN3krO
06-15-2011, 11:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0i6YFrSs6c

phil.llllll
06-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Favorites:

1. Flight through Jerusalem
2. City of Jerusalem
3. The Bureau
4. Chase theme (from access the animus)
5. several non listed ambient beats from AC1
6. Ezio's Family
7. Earth
8. Most all the Venice songs
9. Echoes of the Roman Ruins
10. Master Assassin

Hell I could probably sit here all day thinking of my favorite tracks and probably end up listing almost every song from each album.

Pretty much the majority of them then. I'd say that's a good top ten for me though.

HIBEE12
06-15-2011, 11:48 AM
ha http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif i guess i never got into the AC1 music as much as the others, but still theyre all fantastic.

ElDoucherino
06-15-2011, 03:42 PM
1. Desmond Miles (ACB)
2. Flight through Jerusalem (AC1)
3. Earth (AC2)
4. Ezio's Family (AC2)
5. Dunes of Death (AC1)
6. VR Room (ACB)
7. Home in Florence (AC2)
8. City of Jerusalem (AC1)
9. Florence in Tarantella (AC2)
10. Tour of Venice (AC2)

SupremeCaptain
06-15-2011, 03:51 PM
My fave are "Access The Animus" in AC1 and "Wetlands Fight" in AC2.

kriegerdesgottes
06-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Gonna have to go with Ezio's Family. Earth is great too though.

SleezeRocker
06-15-2011, 04:10 PM
so far I think AC2 has had the best soundtrack
My top favorite songs though are:
1. Florence Tarentella
2. Ezio's family
3. Venice chase
4. Access the animus (AC1 chasE)
5. Chariot Chase
6. City of Rome
7. Brotherhood escapes
8. Master Assassin
9. Leonardo's workshop
10. Back in Venice

Assassin_M
06-15-2011, 04:15 PM
BROTHERHOOD ESCAPE !!!!!!!

phil.llllll
06-15-2011, 05:44 PM
I can't believe I forgot to mention Venice Rooftops. Shame on me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Mic_92
06-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Oh god, and how could I forget Master Assassin from ACB. It's just..awesome and I love how it always plays before you kill one of the main targets.

They MUST put it in Revelations.

dchil279
06-15-2011, 08:12 PM
1. Venice Rooftops
2. Ezio's Family
3. Access the Animus

LaurenIsSoMosh
06-15-2011, 08:45 PM
1.) Ezio's Family
2.) Access the Animus
3.) Brotherhood Escapes
4.) Venice Rooftops

I'm gonna bank on Revelations having my favorite in the franchise so far. The ambient music of the E3 Greek Fire demo sounds like the original Asassin's Creed with a bigger budget.

twangling
06-15-2011, 10:04 PM
There is no such thing as a single best track in AC, all three installments have some awesome scores. Period.

I know I'm minority here, but my personal favorite has always been Jerusalem Horse Ride, the one used in AC1's launch trailer. It's what hooked me up to the series, so I guess that means something special to me.

kosmoscreed
06-15-2011, 10:22 PM
I like all the soundtrack but there is something about AC2 soundtrack that captivate me, maybe the chorus.

Oatkeeper
06-16-2011, 12:11 AM
As far as overall quality I would say AC1. at the very least its the best for adding to the immersion and narrative.

AC2 was pretty good.

ACB was a good improvment from AC2, and it had "The Brotherhood escapes" which is one of my favorite songs in the series

eagleforlife1
06-16-2011, 01:50 AM
Ezio's Family

Tuck2103
06-16-2011, 02:21 AM
Access the Animus is #1 for me. Any time I enter an escape sequence after killing a templar target in AC1, I try to run as slow as possible so the guards can keep up with me, just so I can hear that track ^^

I also love Sanctuary, one of the soundtracks of Venice from AC2. It reminds me of 'Firebird' by Stravinsky, which is a lovely composition if you ask me.

And of course Villa under Attack from AC:B! When the game was not yet released but the soundtrackdemo's were, I kept relistening that little fragment of that track for it was already epic.

roostersrule2
06-16-2011, 02:25 AM
ezios family its not just the greatest song in the AC franchise its the greatest song in gaming and i hope its in revelations for the opening like it was in ac2 and acb

ajaylion2
02-11-2012, 04:07 AM
i'd have to say in my favorite order:
1. Ezio's Family
2. Venice rooftops
3. City Of Rome
4. Assassin's Creed Theme/ Road to Masyaf
5. Welcome To Kostantiniyye
6. Wetlands Escape
7. Byzantium and many more

ajaylion2
02-11-2012, 04:11 AM
ezios family its not just the greatest song in the AC franchise its the greatest song in gaming and i hope its in revelations for the opening like it was in ac2 and acb

it is, assassin's cred theme is good but it should've been better

Acrimonious_Nin
02-11-2012, 04:11 AM
Ezio's Family
i have to agree hands down :D this is a great song..but my personal favorite(and it was only in a trailer and not on an album). woodkid - iron <3

Sevenofnine-st
02-11-2012, 05:00 AM
Even though AC2 is my favourite game in the series, I've been listening to some of the AC music lately and I've realized that my favourite soundtrack overall is that of ACB. That being said, here are some of my favourite tracks from ACII and ACB:

Ezio's Family
Venice Rooftops
Master Assassin
City of Rome
Echoes of the Roman Ruins
Leonardo's Inventions (the Monteriggioni music theme)
Home of the Brotherhood
Sanctuary
Home in Florence

ali-severi
02-11-2012, 08:46 PM
I think my favourite is Istanbul.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-11-2012, 09:49 PM
I think my favourite is Istanbul.
really is it good? i haven't heard that one yet...

Gil_217
02-11-2012, 10:22 PM
The lack of "Echoes of the Roman Ruins" and "City of Rome" is making me lose faith in AC fans, at least in regards to music. And it's true, "Ezio's Family" is overrated. This does not mean the song sucks, because it's actually very good, but it gets to much praise, while other songs who clearly are much better doesn't get.

ali-severi
02-11-2012, 10:42 PM
The lack of "Echoes of the Roman Ruins" and "City of Rome" is making me lose faith in AC fans, at least in regards to music. And it's true, "Ezio's Family" is overrated. This does not mean the song sucks, because it's actually very good, but it gets to much praise, while other songs who clearly are much better doesn't get.

Hey, Echoes of the Roman Ruins and City of Rome are really beautiful... I totally agree with you.

really is it good? i haven't heard that one yet...

yes, it is. The end is amazing! I just love :P

Acrimonious_Nin
02-11-2012, 10:43 PM
IMHO EZIO'S FAMILY is very well orchestration that has emotion, unlike Echoes of the roman ruins, its dull and boring---but before you flame i must posit that is my honest opinion(thats what IMHO mean F.Y.I)F.Y.I = For Your Info. (info is a shortend form of information ;) just thought i would let you know lol)

Gil_217
02-11-2012, 11:01 PM
IMHO EZIO'S FAMILY is very well orchestration that has emotion, unlike Echoes of the roman ruins, its dull and boring---but before you flame i must posit that is my honest opinion(thats what IMHO mean F.Y.I)F.Y.I = For Your Info. (info is a shortend form of information ;) just thought i would let you know lol)

Maybe, but City of Rome owns Ezio's Family every day of the week, and it's not even close.

P.S.: Like always, I facepalmed at the last part of your post.

Acrimonious_Nin
02-12-2012, 01:29 AM
Maybe, but City of Rome owns Ezio's Family every day of the week, and it's not even close.

P.S.: Like always, I facepalmed at the last part of your post.
You put a period after the S(there isn't any)

tarrero
02-12-2012, 05:31 AM
AC1:

Acre Underworld, so medieval and dark
Access the Animus, mostly the "chase" part
Dirty deeds Jerusalem
City of Jerusalem
The Spirit of Damascus

AC2:

Venice rooftops
Venice Escape
Approaching the Target 1, most mysterious so far, really loved exploring Saint Mark Basilica to that tune, my personal favorite!!!!!
Leonardo´s Inventions/Home of the brotherhood
Ezio´s Family

ACB:

City of Rome
Roman Underworld
Borgia Rulers of Rome
Villa under attack
Rome Countryside/Echoes of the Roman ruins

ACR:

The Crossroads of the World
Istanbul
Greek Fire
Byzantium
The Library

playassassins1
02-12-2012, 03:40 PM
My top 3

1. Ezio's Family
2. Echoes Of The Roman Ruins
3. Welcome To Konstantiniyye

The13Doctors
02-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Ezio's Family is my favorite song, overall I've spent at least 3 hours listening to it as I have it on my phone.
I love City Of Rome and Venice Rooftops as well

Xanatos2007
02-12-2012, 03:50 PM
AC2 > AC1 > ACB > ACR

AC2's soundtrack is the most lively of the series and is easily the best example of Jesper Kyd's musical versatility. AC1 has by far the best atmosphere, particular tracks include the Masyaf fortress theme and the 'Access the Animus' escape theme. ACB set a suitably dark & oppressive atmosphere to go with the Borgia occupation, but was rather monotone in comparison to previous instalments. I barely noticed the soundtrack in ACR.

zStrictStyle
02-12-2012, 09:46 PM
AC1=Chase theme after assassination.
AC2=back in Venice and Venice Rooftops.
ACB=Monterggioni under siege.
ACR=Wounded Eagle and you have earned your rest.

notafanboy
02-12-2012, 10:24 PM
AC1- escape music, city of jerusalem,spirit of damascus, and all of the song that play while you´re in Masyaf

ACII- Ezio´s family,venice rooftops,all of the songs in venice & florence,leo´s inventions,earth and the chariot chase

AC:B- city of rome, bro´s escapes,echoes of the roman ruins,villa attack and the investigation music

AC:R- investigation(the one that plays in the little villige outside of masyaf, every song that plays while you´re in istanbul, and a few other songs that i haven´t memorized yet

JumpInTheFire13
02-12-2012, 11:39 PM
My favourites are Ezio' Family, Dream of Venice, Heart, Leonardo's Inventions Part 2, and Venice Industry in AC2. In Brotherhood my favourites are Echoes of the Roman Ruins, Borgia Tower, Borgia Occupation, Roman Underworld and Rome Countryside.

SixKeys
02-13-2012, 01:02 AM
AC1: "Access the Animus"
AC2: "Venice Rooftops"
ACB "City of Rome"
ACR: "Enough for One Life"

Anykeyer
02-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Every game have exceptionally well written music that fitts corresponding setting. So I cant put any partucular OST above all others
But of course I have my favorites in each of them
1. Jerusalem, Access the Animus, Assassins HQ
2. Flight over Venice, Home of the Brotherhood, Chariot Chase
B. Countdown, Infiltrating the Borgia Castle, The Brotherhood of the Assassins
R. Greek Fire, Defending the Assasin Den II (from unreleased OST), A Hard Ride (from unreleased OST)

RakeshPatel1
09-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Probably the best sci fi music ever, Apple Chamber from AC:B is insane...Oh yeah and the secret tracks in AC2

AC1- Access the Animus
-Flight Through Jerusalem

AC2 - Approaching Target Pt. 3 - badass
-Home In Florence
- Dream of Venice
- Wetlands Escape
- Back In Venice - all them Venetians ...whole OST
- Secret in Vatican City
ACB- Apple Chamber
-Desmond Miles
ACR
Istanbul
Investigation
Multiplayer Theme ... the one with all the Haaaahaaaw haw haw haw haw HAAAAAAAAW HAW HAAAAAAA DAH DUN DAW NA NA NUH NA

ACfan443
09-07-2012, 09:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH1NFziHUxg
This. Access the Animus is one of my all time favourite AC tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rB2K3gxz7c
Damascus fight theme is also very cool. AC1 has some pretty darn epic music!

Kaschra
09-07-2012, 10:01 PM
The soundtracks from AC2 and ACR are my favourites.

AC1:
- Jerusalem
- Acces the animus
- Acre underworld

AC2:
- Ezio's family
- Florence tarantella
- Venice rooftops
- Back in Venice
- Stealth
- Flight over Venice
- Sanctuary

ACB:
- Villa under attack
- Master assassin
- Desmond Miles
- City of Rome

ACR:
- Scheduled for deletion
- Labored and lost
- The wounded eagle
- Altair & Darim
- Passing the torch
- You have earned your rest
- Istanbul
- Welcome to Konstantiniyye
- Metropolis

De Filosoof
09-07-2012, 11:50 PM
My 3 favorites:

- Acre underworld

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hr5Z7F2RK8

- Dream of Venice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvZHAT7xHO4

- Roman ruins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdlmwwRcfog

Everytime i hear these tracks i get this nostalgic eerie feeling.
So many nice memories are attached to them :).

roostersrule2
09-08-2012, 01:09 AM
Ezio's Family, Earth, Spirit of Damascus, City of Jerusalem, Access the Animus, Apple Chamber, City of Rome, Laboured and Lost, Road to Masayf, Scheduled for Deletion. I'm not worried about AC3's music as ACR has my favourite OST even though it's really repetitive. I just hope the gameplay music can be good as well.

Legendz54
09-08-2012, 01:13 AM
Do they have the escape music with desmond in the beginning of AC2?

roostersrule2
09-08-2012, 01:15 AM
Do they have the escape music with desmond in the beginning of AC2?I'm pretty sure it's called Wetlands Escape if that's what your asking?

NOLA_Assassin
09-08-2012, 06:45 AM
For right now:

1. Trouble in Jerusalem
2. Earth
3. Flight through Jerusalem

But I am really liking the trailer songs in AC III

Dre4mKidz
12-01-2014, 10:47 PM
No love for Dream of Venice in AC2??

Aphex_Tim
12-01-2014, 10:52 PM
AC2's soundtrack, as predictable as that might be. It just worked perfectly with the game, with Dream of Venice being one of my favorites.

That said, don't you think it's funny that AC:U has THREE composers and somehow manages to have the least memorable soundtrack in the series; even re-using some of mr. Kyd's compositions? Though on the other hand I quite like it this way. It's more subtle for once; not so in-your-face as AC3 and AC4's themes were.

Megas_Doux
12-01-2014, 10:56 PM
AC II, ACI and AC IV are my picks!

Venice escape, Venice rooftops, Heart, Approaching the target series, Acre underworld, Access the Animus, Meditation Begins, AC IV theme, Spanish Empire, I´ll be with you, British Empire and such.

Unity is meh overall, I really like Danton´s Sacrifice and De Molay´s condemnation though.

Namikaze_17
12-02-2014, 02:37 AM
ACR & ACIII/TOKW

Both amazing... ^^

FatiguedEnigma
12-02-2014, 04:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE0Y5VmkILQ

D.I.D.
12-02-2014, 04:02 AM
I liked Brotherhood's music the best, but I think my absolute favourite thing was the doomy drone that happened just after you eliminated a captain from a Borgia Tower. I don't mean the Gregorian chant-like motif -- I'm talking about the queasy low string drone that played until you left the area, bending slightly up and down in pitch. That piece had an effect like nothing else, and it was better than any "triumph" music could possibly have been. Often, crowds would be screaming and fleeing the scene because of all the enemy corpses, and having Ezio standing there or walking among the bodies made a superb statement. That music was stomach-churning, an indication that something really bad had just happened and your power had created that situation. That was beautifully double-edged, and exactly what I think the feeling about being an assassin ought to be.

Assassin_M
12-02-2014, 05:06 AM
1- ACR
2- AC II
3- AC I
4- AC III
5- AC IV
6- ACU
7- ACB

I generally think all the games had great soundtracks.

D.I.D.
12-02-2014, 05:22 AM
1- ACR
2- AC II
3- AC I
4- AC III
5- AC IV
6- ACU
7- ACB

I generally think all the games had great soundtracks.

Man, I know you hate Brotherhood, but it's kind of funny how every aspect of it becomes The Worst! How can Jesper Kyd's ACII soundtrack be the second best, and yet Jesper Kyd's ACB soundtrack is the least good of the lot?

Assassin_M
12-02-2014, 06:49 AM
Man, I know you hate Brotherhood, but it's kind of funny how every aspect of it becomes The Worst! How can Jesper Kyd's ACII soundtrack be the second best, and yet Jesper Kyd's ACB soundtrack is the least good of the lot?
I don't hate Brotherhood, I like it more now. I like it as much as I like Revelations. I don't think Kyd did as good of a job on ACB. The only tracks I liked were Brotherhood escapes and Roman Countryside. Everything else either was copy paste from AC II or just subpar to me.

SixKeys
12-02-2014, 01:11 PM
AC1 still has the best soundtrack.

After that my favorites are ACB > AC2 > AC4 > ACR > AC3 > ACU. Haven't listened to Rogue's soundtrack yet.

Farlander1991
12-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Can't speak of Rogue's whole soundtrack quality, as I haven't played the game nor have I listened to the soundtrack fully, but the Guardian is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GP6-lxxnlQ

hapkidolaurent
12-02-2014, 01:20 PM
It happens that my girlfriend an me sings the shanties while playing AC Blackflag. So i would say black flag. But Unity has also wonderfull music in the first half of the game. Especially where you run behind elise as a kid.

And then I of course Assassins Creed 2

RinoTheBouncer
12-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Assassin’s Creed: Revelations, that’s for sure. Including The Lost Archive and Desmond’s Journey scores. Not only is the whole album full of amazing tracks that are very atmospheric and heart-warming, but you can also listen to any of those tracks outside of the game and enjoy them as independent musical pieces.

The highlights from ACR:

The Revelation
Assassin’s Creed Theme (and its variations “Altair and Darim” and “Enough For One Life”)
Labored and Lost
You Have Earned Your Rest
Istanbul
Bleeding Effect (Not in the album)
Road to Masyaf
The Wounded Eagle
We Talk Together
Sofia Sartor
Party Hard (Not in the album)
Animus Island
Passing The Torch
The Library
Altair Escapes
Infiltration
Scheduled for Deletion

GunnerGalactico
12-02-2014, 06:59 PM
My favourites are:

AC1- City of Jerusalem
- Spirit of Damascus
- Trouble in Jerusalem
- Access the Animus
- Acre Underworld

AC2- Earth
- Venice Rooftops
- Notorious

ACB- The Brotherhood escapes
- Echoes of Roman ruins
- City of Rome
- Rome countryside

ACR- No mistakes
- Road to Masayaf
- The Library
- Scheduled for deletion
- Enough for one life

AC3- Fight Club
- Wild Instincts
- An Uncertain Present
- Main theme variation
- Homestead

AC4- Main theme
- The Spanish Empire
- Take what is ours

* I don't know the ones for Unity and Rogue at the moment :p

Farlander1991
12-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Unity music has some awesome stuff. On Father's Watch/Versailles for Sore Eyes or Breach Party, as examples. Not to mention Danton's Sacrifice which is something everybody seems to like.

But I'd call Unity the most ambient soundtrack yet. You though AC1 and AC2 were ambient soundtracks? Try out Unity, it's the ambientest. I can say though that when I play missions the music is very atmospheric, even if not always memorable on its own.