PDA

View Full Version : GT gave Assassins Creed 9.1, wtf

rocky21211
11-13-2007, 02:41 AM
seriously, what are gametrailers thinking? 9.1 is useless. this game should get 9.5 minimum. even the reviewer went through all the details and how awesome this game is and was leading up to a awesome score then it came out 9.1. i was sitting there expecting a 9.7. this game has got alot of potential and if not one of the best games ever made.
the map scale is huge! the graphics are awesome, the story is suppost to be really interesting and the gameplay looks really good, how else would they design the button layout, if they didnt do it the way it is now, assassins creed would be another hack and slash game. i think the gameplay side of it is really awesome and cannot get any better. the only bad thing i think about AC is the enemies stand there and watch you when you are in combat mode, but other than that, this game should of gotten a higher rating from GT.

i think that assassins creed will be one of the best games made in gaming history

Sorrogatez
11-13-2007, 02:51 AM
Who cares. you have it, play and enjoy it, sif worry about what score it got from where.

Freefall69
11-13-2007, 02:51 AM
9.1 is a good score! And he doesnt just mention good points, he covers alot of bad ones too. This game is gonna be great! We know that! But if it isnt perfect it wont get a perfect score. Anything above 9 is a fantastic score!

MiniAssasin
11-13-2007, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by rocky21211:
seriously, what are gametrailers thinking? 9.1 is useless. this game should get 9.5 minimum. even the reviewer went through all the details and how awesome this game is and was leading up to a awesome score then it came out 9.1. i was sitting there expecting a 9.7. this game has got alot of potential and if not one of the best games ever made.
the map scale is huge! the graphics are awesome, the story is suppost to be really interesting and the gameplay looks really good, how else would they design the button layout, if they didnt do it the way it is now, assassins creed would be another hack and slash game. i think the gameplay side of it is really awesome and cannot get any better. the only bad thing i think about AC is the enemies stand there and watch you when you are in combat mode, but other than that, this game should of gotten a higher rating from GT.

i think that assassins creed will be one of the best games made in gaming history

1.this is his opinion
2.they have to be professional and not complete fanboys ignoring anything negative

Seraph_394
11-13-2007, 03:36 AM
9.1 is a fair score in my opinion, it's the 7/10 at 1up that has me riled.

MiniAssasin
11-13-2007, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by Seraph_394:
9.1 is a fair score in my opinion, it's the 7/10 at 1up that has me riled.

why does it even bother people what 1 person rates a game as

Seraph_394
11-13-2007, 03:41 AM
look at it from the developer's perspective, and you see what we feel.

MiniAssasin
11-13-2007, 03:44 AM
look at it from the developer's perspective, and you see what we feel.

if ya like that then why bother. ya never going to plese everyone. you could make the most advansed enjoyable breathtaking game in the world and some peopel will still b like ..whatever it has such and such a problem or i odnt like this aspect.

ya cant please everyone and different people have different levels of what sort of negative things they ignore.

Seraph_394
11-13-2007, 03:48 AM
yes but the attention that this review gets is BAD, do you not see? this means less peiople will buy AC because one man reviewed it poorly, and unjustly.

Not many people will listen to this one man's opinion, but there are people that will.

Royal.Mist
11-13-2007, 04:02 AM
Christ, look at the fanboy's already.

Muri777
11-13-2007, 04:06 AM
Unless your one of those people who do everything people tell them to, a game rating is not going to affect anyone.

MiniAssasin
11-13-2007, 04:06 AM
yes but the attention that this review gets is BAD, do you not see? this means less peiople will buy AC because one man reviewed it poorly, and unjustly.

Not many people will listen to this one man's opinion, but there are people that will.

anyone that base their opinions on what 1 person out of many say, and against their own judgement shouldnt bother with anything. they are what we like to call sheep

and there are too many out there like this

Freefall69
11-13-2007, 04:12 AM
OMG! Jeese fanboyage! when the hell has 9.1 ever been a bad score! For christ sake! So the game isnt perfect! So F-in what! No game is! If anybody is stupid enough to make one persons opinion put them off a game then that is their problem! Let them miss out because they dont have enough matter between their ears to form their own opinion!

Muri777
11-13-2007, 04:19 AM
Its true, 9.1 isnt a bad score. Well atleast im not loosing any sleep over it but if you are then wow.

pillaysteven
11-13-2007, 04:40 AM
TBH I was expecting it to be higher before watching the review but he does make some good points.

However I think he was a little unfair in some ways. Like the repetition, I mean GTA isn't really disliked because of the repetition. A lot of the time it's drive here, shoot these guys etc. The thing that keeps it interesting is the story and motivation behind each mission. I think Assassin's Creed will have an amazing story and the information you find out from each info gathering segment will also keep it interesting. I don't think it should have lost marks whatsoever.

I was horrified to see some of the stupid AI moments. I really hope a patch comes to fix it (if one can be made). For those I think it does deserve a downgrade in score. I mean when he stealth killed the guy right in front of the other guard and the guard was looking around to see who killed him even though Altair was in full view and the only other person in sight was absolutely horrible. I was extremely disappointed with this. However they could maybe be seen as glitches and it's probably 50/50 whether something like this will happen. Please make a patch Ubisoft if at all possible!!! Everything else though, IMO, looks fantastic.

Overall the review was fair though a little harsh on the repetition.

IIKozakII
11-13-2007, 04:43 AM
yeah seriously, who cares what reviewers say, I'm sure you already have the game reserved and paid for anyways...I know I do

and 9.1 sounds pretty fair to me, I think what really brought down GT's score on it was the fact that it isn't open ended enough and that the side mission gameplay gets repetitive as it's pretty much the same all 9 times. But heck, I just want to assasinate stuff so it's not going to bother me.

KlNDRED
11-13-2007, 04:57 AM
Their main beef was with the 1 on 1 fights. Id like to see their review if a bunch attacked you at a time
"Unfortunately Assassin's Creed fights become more frustrating than ever..."

Golani2007
11-13-2007, 05:01 AM
I'm suprsie too.
I dont think AC should get a 10...
But 9.1 is quiet low for it.
Yeah, it have his own problems and not everything is exsellnt..
but it should get 9.5...this is one hell of a game that is not first person shot game...

CrashB888
11-13-2007, 06:27 AM
I don't understand you guys!!! That some people think tat a 9.1 is a low score. I think the people who give the scores know what they are talking about because they play A LOT OF games and review it. I gonna buy it even if it had a 7.5. But my opinion about the review of gametrailer is pretty good. I thought because of what he sad the score was maybe too high and it had been a lower than 9.

Subba_
11-13-2007, 06:41 AM
If I made a game that got a 9.1 from GT I'd be pretty damn happy about it...

DeadCorpseAC
11-13-2007, 06:42 AM
I don't think that it deserves only 9.1.
But the 1Up review, that was the most ****ing **** I've ever read.

mefninja
11-13-2007, 06:43 AM
people just want it too top halo3 and SMG (why did SMG get a 9.8?? freakin story got 7.5 and it should be a 4.5!!!!

Alitar2007
11-13-2007, 07:14 AM
Well, I play a game for 15 hours and all I can say - this is a huge dissapointment.

I mean, first half game is very impressive, inovative (not assassination), nice acrobatic system and so on.

But THEN everything get so boriiiing. Every assassination is the SAME. Combat is very pathetic and guards too. When you kill guard, his mate will just looking at you and will not hurt you. The AI is really pathetic and dissapointing.

And no, the game like this CANT GET the mark higher than 7.5

GPNM
11-13-2007, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Alitar2007:
Well, I play a game for 15 hours and all I can say - this is a huge dissapointment.

I mean, first half game is very impressive, inovative (not assassination), nice acrobatic system and so on.

But THEN everything get so boriiiing. Every assassination is the SAME. Combat is very pathetic and guards too. When you kill guard, his mate will just looking at you and will not hurt you. The AI is really pathetic and dissapointing.

I think that's 2 negative reviews so far.

DerpBurger
11-13-2007, 07:18 AM
so basically what Alitar is trying to say is that he watched the gametrailers review and wanted to regurgitate what that reviewer said

Alitar2007
11-13-2007, 07:20 AM
U will see what I am talkin about when u got your AC. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

For me, the game is not worth 60$.

Better u buy the real next-gen tittle like Mass Effect.

And btw. I don't read or watch any review.

I will wait for Gamespot's.

GPNM
11-13-2007, 07:23 AM
U will see what I am talkin about when u got your AC. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

For me, the game is not worth 60$.

Better u buy the real next-gen tittle like Mass Effect.

And btw. I don't read or watch any review.

I will wait for Gamespot's.

"Real next-gen"? How in hell is Mass Effect considered "real next gen"? It's going to be a damn good game, but the only new concept that they've introduced is the conversation style. Everything else is essentially an upgraded version of KOTOR.

DeadCorpseAC
11-13-2007, 07:25 AM

Are you serious? If you were, I'll cancel my preorder now. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

MiniAssasin
11-13-2007, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by DeadCorpseAC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alitar2007:

Are you serious? If you were, I'll cancel my preorder now. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh look another sheep

man guys stop basing all your deccisions on what people say and analyse what everyone has said and what you ahve seen yourself and make a decision to buy or not buy the game on that.

then play the game and you will find out if its good, simply rent it if ya want to save money.

just stop basing cancelling preorders and things on what 1 person says in a thread.

man...

DeadCorpseAC
11-13-2007, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by MiniAssasin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeadCorpseAC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alitar2007:

Are you serious? If you were, I'll cancel my preorder now. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh look another sheep

man guys stop basing all your deccisions on what people say and analyse what everyone has said and what you ahve seen yourself and make a decision to buy or not buy the game on that.

then play the game and you will find out if its good, simply rent it if ya want to save money.

just stop basing cancelling preorders and things on what 1 person says in a thread.

man... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not basing my opinion in what only one person said in a topic. So many people said some things in other forum (Brazilian forum), that now I'm very sad... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

MiniAssasin
11-13-2007, 07:34 AM
answer me this...are they you

if the answer is no, then what they think when playing may be completely different to what you think

if ya that worried rent it on release

Exassassin
11-13-2007, 07:37 AM

But THEN everything get so boriiiing. Every assassination is the SAME. Combat is very Ropathetic and guards too. When you kill guard, his mate will just looking at you and will not hurt you. The AI is really pathetic and dissapointing.

Look.

Some people tend to get bored out of games incredibly fast, and some don't. Some like the movie called The Lord of The Rings and some don't. It's all a matter of taste and opinion. If I were you I would wait for the IGN/Gamespot and TeamXbox review before you decide to cancel your game. If the reviews are lower then an 8.5 you should be worried. Just because there are 3 or 4 people who say this game is boring and dissapointing doesn't mean the game actually is just that. Your tastes and opinion can be entirely different then his. Besides.. People who post impressions either like it or do not and mostly they do not explain what is so great or what is so bad about the game in the first place. They have 3-4 sentences full of good or bad news. It's nothing compared to the 4-6 page reviews from Gamespot/IGN and Teamxbox.

DeadCorpseAC
11-13-2007, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by MiniAssasin:

if the answer is no, then what they think when playing may be completely different to what you think

No. But they are people that were anticipating the game as I am. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Exassassin
11-13-2007, 07:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MiniAssasin:

No. But they are people that were anticipating the game as I am. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that makes you one of them? Let me get this straight. According to you, everyone who has been anticipating this game, will feel the game is dissapointing? That's just stupid. You are entitled to your own opinion, but just because one or 5 guys think the game is dissapointing doesn't mean you, me, and the rest of the gaming community will find this game dissapointing as well. I've played the **** out of Crackdown for more than 50 hours and it didn't even got boring once. It wasn't even my kind of setting because I hated the futuristic Good cop, Bad Cop idea but still I played it a lot without getting bored. I doubt Assassin's Creed will be dissapointing for a lot of people including me. There are always people whoms tastes differ from the others.

DeadCorpseAC
11-13-2007, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Exassassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeadCorpseAC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MiniAssasin:

No. But they are people that were anticipating the game as I am. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that makes you one of them? Let me get this straight. According to you, everyone who has been anticipating this game, will feel the game is dissapointing? That's just stupid. You are entitled to your own opinion, but just because one or 5 guys think the game is dissapointing doesn't mean you, me, and the rest of the gaming community will find this game dissapointing as well. I've played the **** out of Crackdown for more than 50 hours and it didn't even got boring once. It wasn't even my kind of setting because I hated the futuristic Good cop, Bad Cop idea but still I played it a lot without getting bored. I doubt Assassin's Creed will be dissapointing for a lot of people including me. There are always people whoms tastes differ from the others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Where I said that? I NEVER said that.
I said that some people that were anticipating the game as I am feel disappointed now. But more people say that the game is one of the best things that they ever played. Because this, I'll keep my preorder.
Ps: ****ing 1Up score, they did me feel a bit disappointed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Exassassin
11-13-2007, 08:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Exassassin:

And that makes you one of them? Let me get this straight. According to you, everyone who has been anticipating this game, will feel the game is dissapointing? That's just stupid. You are entitled to your own opinion, but just because one or 5 guys think the game is dissapointing doesn't mean you, me, and the rest of the gaming community will find this game dissapointing as well. I've played the **** out of Crackdown for more than 50 hours and it didn't even got boring once. It wasn't even my kind of setting because I hated the futuristic Good cop, Bad Cop idea but still I played it a lot without getting bored. I doubt Assassin's Creed will be dissapointing for a lot of people including me. There are always people whoms tastes differ from the others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I said that some people that were anticipating the game as I am feel disapointed now. But more people say that the game is the best thing that they ever played. Because this, I'll keep my preorder.
Ps: ****ing 1Up score, they did me feel a bit disapointed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are dissapointed. A lot of people anticipated the game as you, that does make them just as dissapointed as you. Catch my drift? You might have not actually said the word ''dissapointed'' in your post but you do actually say it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

1up is just ****, deal with that. They even gave Crysis a 8.0 and NBA 2k8 a 8.5 and Perfect Dark Zero a 9.0. You don't actually believe that Perfect Dark Zero is better then Crysis, right? All those games scored higher than Assassin's Creed on their website. They are nothing but ******s.

AirRon_2K7
11-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Gamespot said Crysis defined the FPS genre... 1up can bite me...

DeadCorpseAC
11-13-2007, 08:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Exassassin:

I said that some people that were anticipating the game as I am feel disapointed now. But more people say that the game is the best thing that they ever played. Because this, I'll keep my preorder.
Ps: ****ing 1Up score, they did me feel a bit disapointed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are dissapointed. A lot of people anticipated the game as you, that does make them just as dissapointed as you. Catch my drift? You might have not actually said the word ''dissapointed'' in your post but you do actually say it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

1up is just ****, deal with that. They even gave Crysis a 8.0 and NBA 2k8 a 8.5 and Perfect Dark Zero a 9.0. You don't actually believe that Perfect Dark Zero is better then Crysis, right? All those games scored higher than Assassin's Creed on their website. They are nothing but ******s. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not disappointed with the game, I don't played it already. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Freefall69
11-13-2007, 08:14 AM

I said that some people that were anticipating the game as I am feel disappointed now. But more people say that the game is one of the best things that they ever played. Because this, I'll keep my preorder.
Ps: ****ing 1Up score, they did me feel a bit disappointed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know what? Why dont you be a sheep and cancel the game. Go on i dare you. Your $60 wont affect ubisoft's income. If you wanna take some one else's opinion as gospel then do it. We will all play the game we have waited for for so long and make our own judgment...while you wait for the apparently next gen Kotor *ahem* i mean Mass Effect...

DeadCorpseAC
11-13-2007, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by anthony687uk:

Ps: ****ing 1Up score, they did me feel a bit disappointed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know what? Why dont you be a sheep and cancel the game. Go on i dare you. Your $60 wont affect ubisoft's income. If you wanna take some one else's opinion as gospel then do it. We will all play the game we have waited for for so long and make our own judgment...while you wait for the apparently next gen Kotor *ahem* i mean Mass Effect... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
To irritate everyone just say: Maybe I'll cancel my preorder.
****, do you know how much I paid for it?
88 dollars with the shippment. And I won't cancel it. I was thinking about doing it.
And I said something about ME? Oh, ****, you don't know anything about text interpretation. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Exassassin
11-13-2007, 08:18 AM

I'm not disappointed with the game, I don't played it already. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

You won't be dissapointed, trust me. I've played it at a local Media Store this morning (shame they didn't sold it yet) and I absolutely loved it. They skipped around 2 hours ahead so you don't see the beginning. I had no idea in which city I was in but I think it was either Damascus or Jeruzalem. The part where you ride your horse and see the city from above is just one of the most memorable gaming sequences ever seen with my own two eyes. I just stood there, watching the scenery and notice how great the lightning works when the clouds block the sun over the city. I could only play it for about 15 minutes but so far that was worth the purchase.

DeadCorpseAC
11-13-2007, 08:21 AM

You won't be dissapointed, trust me. I've played it at a local Media Store this morning (shame they didn't sold it yet) and I absolutely loved it. They skipped around 2 hours ahead so you don't see the beginning. I had no idea in which city I was in but I think it was either Damascus or Jeruzalem. The part where you ride your horse and see the city from above is just one of the most memorable gaming sequences ever seen with my own two eyes. I just stood there, watching the scenery and notice how great the lightning works when the clouds block the sun over the city. I could only play it for about 15 minutes but so far that was worth the purchase. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I trust you. Why? Because I'm waiting this game since E3 2006, I love EVERYTHING of the game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

gamepro11
11-13-2007, 08:26 AM
you know they said the AI were, "completly braindead" as they put it. and i can't say i dont disagree now that I saw that little bit of footage. I dont know what Jade promised us but that wasn't the AI i was hoping for... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

rogue_tom
11-13-2007, 10:16 AM
9.1 is good. I think if the ai were better then it would get 9.8. Ac should have got a better score than halo or all the other high 9s.

I tihnk even tho with it's problems it's better than anything else out this year. I hope so anyway as i havn't played it yet.

Creepyshow
11-13-2007, 10:36 AM
lol, i smell fanboys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif... I'd give this game 8. AI is dumb you fought middle of city.. killed all guards and suddenly all NPC forget you and start living normally even when body lies down :/...

Game is WAY TOO SHORT! I'm serious and talking main mission... you can kill every target less than hour if you like to.

Game is too repetive, not funny anymore after 3 assassination.

Game is beautiful, thats good. Climbing is something i never seen before, this is the power of this game, i love that!

Overall: Game is good but could be MUCH better