PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Calling in the cavalry

Nukem_Hicks
04-03-2005, 08:39 PM

KiwiVenge
04-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Never seem to work. Then again, I have no idea what range friendly planes have. Have tried what I though was close to home before and got no joy from it at all.

Lovo_Kasistan
04-03-2005, 08:44 PM
I wouldn't count to much on the Kriegsmarine. There are no AI uboats in the game (yet, I hope) and I don't think that the three german DD's that are in the North Sea around Wilhelmshaven are willing to help you.

Kamko
04-03-2005, 08:51 PM
It also doesn't seem like the devs would like to include wolfpacks in the next patch (sure get more $$$ from an add-on) so I guess there's no point in sending reports. You know, it would be pretty ironic if some modders in the community came up with AI u-boats before the devs could include it.

Lovo_Kasistan
04-03-2005, 08:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kamko:
You know, it would be pretty ironic if some modders in the community came up with AI u-boats before the devs could include it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Give me a L
Give me an A
Give me a W
Give me a S
Give me an U
Give me an I
Give me a T

What does it spell? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

scourtney2
04-03-2005, 09:01 PM
Well, I was once coming home from a patrol through the English Channel in my Type VII and suddendly, was surprised by a destroyer. I dove but the water was only about 89m deep. I hugged the bottom, but was pounded relentlesly by the DD. TO my horror, 2 more dd's showed up and began making attack runs on me.

I was badly damaged, and just when I thought it was all over, a number of huge explosions erupted and I thought I heard ships exploding. I took the external cam to the surface to find to my amazement a whole squadron of Junkers bombers attacking my advesaries!

Yes, it's true! Seven or Eight bombers pounded the destroyers with bombs AND gunfire! It was the coolest thing I had ever seen! Two destroyers were sunk in about 15 minutes and the other was hit and broke off the engagement with me. I managed to slip silently away withought being killed. I was so proud of the Luftwaffe, let me tell you!

This occured in march of 1940.

U-49
04-03-2005, 10:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kamko:
it would be pretty ironic if some modders in the community came up with AI u-boats before the devs could include it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Will never happen without the source code. If the devs were ambitious enough to tackle such a project, it would certainly come in the form of an expansion and not a patch. You're talking about some serious code update, integration and a daunting amount of testing.

Would love to see it myself.

KiwiVenge
04-03-2005, 10:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by scourtney2:
Well, I was once coming home from a patrol through the English Channel in my Type VII and suddendly, was surprised by a destroyer. I dove but the water was only about 89m deep. I hugged the bottom, but was pounded relentlesly by the DD. TO my horror, 2 more dd's showed up and began making attack runs on me.

I was badly damaged, and just when I thought it was all over, a number of huge explosions erupted and I thought I heard ships exploding. I took the external cam to the surface to find to my amazement a whole squadron of Junkers bombers attacking my advesaries!

Yes, it's true! Seven or Eight bombers pounded the destroyers with bombs AND gunfire! It was the coolest thing I had ever seen! Two destroyers were sunk in about 15 minutes and the other was hit and broke off the engagement with me. I managed to slip silently away withought being killed. I was so proud of the Luftwaffe, let me tell you!

This occured in march of 1940. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is so cool to hear!
And here I have seen people whining about bugs because of destroyers vanishing while they were submerged and being hunted by them.
That is too sweet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

axeman3d
04-04-2005, 04:08 AM
Yes indeedy, the Luftwaffe will come to your aid if they can, but it will take time and only if you're in an area that they can get to. Forget it in the middle of the Atlantic, at least until they get AI boats in there or you're very, very lucky and there's a surface raider in the area. Remember that the German surface navy was a good deal smaller than the Royal Navy and relied on it's U-Boats to carry the war to the sea lanes.