PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer on LAN - Team vs AI - need help please

panthercules
09-30-2006, 04:25 PM
I've been away for a while playing SH3, but my son started (finally) to get interested in playing IL-2/PF so I thought I would set up a simple LAN game arrangement so I could fly as his wingman while he learns.

I got it working, only to find out that with the stock install (patched up to 4.04m) there seem to be only two multiplayer selections for "Team vs AI" type play - one where you fly P-47s and one where you fly FW-190s. We tried those, but I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the friendly AI buddies, and neither of those planes are ones we like to fly much anyway.

Is there some place to download extra missions for simple multiplayer Team vs. AI type missions, preferrably with a variety of simple, starter type scenarios like "2 IL-2s attack German Airfield" where the planes are noob-friendly to fly and there are lots of targets to attack?

I love this game, and I think my son could learn to like this game once he gets used to it, but we were both getting real frustrated with the complexity of the available multiplayer scenarios. I have downloaed and played a number of great single player campaigns that users have created over the last few years, so I was hoping that somebody might have put together a collection of these simple multiplayer scenarios for download somewhere.

triad773
09-30-2006, 04:31 PM
I've worked with the Uberquick mission builder and that has satisfatory results when playing COOP on the LAN.

You can fly as a wingman to AI, or fly 2v2 against AI with your wingman. I know that may not constitute a collection, but its pretty flexible.

panthercules
09-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the tip - I may have to try that out. In the meantime, I dusted off my Full Mission Builder skills (got a little rusty but it came back fairly quickly) and built several basic coops with minor variations in enemy numbers, locations and start times, etc. - we tried a couple and it worked pretty well. I even found out that while you have to name the saved mission file something different, you can actually name the mission itself the exact same thing so you have several with the same name and description on the choose list in game and no real clue which is which (unless you eventually memorize the order they're in, and I can change that from time to time by renaming the underlying saved files). So, I can shuffle the list and he can pick the mission from the list, and we won't really know for sure what's out there each time.

Man - been playing underwater for so long I forgot how much I loved this game. And flying with a real wingman adds such a cool dimension.

One more question though - we really like seeing our scores and what we destroyed after single player missions, and I get that when I test "play" these coop missions from inside the Full Mission Builder, BUT when we play the coop mission together we don't get any sort of post-action report of kills (just some numeric score that doesn't seem to mean much).

Is there any way to get a kill report after missions in LAN multiplayer?

mautsi2
10-01-2006, 05:56 PM
IL-2 MLR log reader is an excellent tool for looking what you done in missions.It reads the eventlog.lst file and u can make a html report from it or just view stats it in the MRL.

It would be better to set il-2 to store eventlog.lst file(eventlogkeep=1 in conf.ini) and not clearing it for every mission.