PDA

View Full Version : Ezio has doubts? (Remember that spoiler warning!)

Zrvan
11-14-2011, 11:57 AM
I was watching the launch trailer and all the other stuff leading up to the release tomorrow, and I was struck by an odd thing.

In the trailer on the front page of ubi.com, Ezio says something along the lines of "The truth that the Assassins seek . . . " And I recall a second trailer wherein he says something like "continue the search for truth."

The first thing they tell Assassins is that "Nothing is true, everything is permitted." I wonder (idly speculate, take your pick) if this is an indication that Ezio has doubts about his mission, or that of the Assassins in general. He would seem to be the last person in the world to think that -- but then again, this fight started as revenge for him, and his interest has only been personal. With the Borgias to a one dead or handled in a different fashion, does he have time now to question his purpose in life?

pacmanate
11-14-2011, 12:37 PM
I think its basically because he spent 30 years of his like avenging his family and hunting them down and never really having a normal life as he was forced into being an assassin. Now he wants to know why assassin's and templars do what they do. I think.