PDA

View Full Version : Home Vector Bug

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 10:14 PM
I asked for home vector during a vow mission and got directions straight to enemy base where i was shot down by enemy flak. The reason for this is probably the fact that i used enemy radio frequency, so i got directions from... the enemy...lol. Is this a bug, or did the enemy outsmarted me?

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 10:14 PM
I asked for home vector during a vow mission and got directions straight to enemy base where i was shot down by enemy flak. The reason for this is probably the fact that i used enemy radio frequency, so i got directions from... the enemy...lol. Is this a bug, or did the enemy outsmarted me?

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 11:14 PM
Them ground controllers are slick bastards arn't they? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I/JG1 Oesau (http://jg1-oesau.org) is recruiting. Join us!

Stab.I/JG1Death at HL, Maj_Death at Ubi.com

At the start of WW2 the German army lacked experienced anti-aircraft gunners. The average gunner was so bad that the USSR decided to help them out. They did it by forcing some of their pilots to fly I-153 flak magnets. These planes were slow but very sturdy. This allowed German anti-aircraft gunners to get a large amount of target practice on a relatively small number of planes. Thanks to the Soviets help, by the end of the war the German anti-aircraft gunners were amoung the best in the world.</center>

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 11:50 PM
I switched all my language speech files to American just so I wouldn't always have to read the text to understand what's going on. At some point I'll put it back just to learn a few phrases of German and Russian.

I do love the fact that the air controller in the American speech pack has a British accent. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

In fact, I'd rather have all speech accents in British being as I'm Canadian and many, many Canadians piloted those British planes in the war.

Oh, that and they should hire John Cleese to do at least one of the voices. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<center>http://members.rogers.com/4xtreme/chbanner.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 07:18 AM
When you ask for a vector to home base it directs you to the next waypoint in your planed course. If that waypoint is over the enemy base thats where yer goin.