PDA

View Full Version : Codex and Collectors edition

BW.Specter501
12-09-2010, 03:45 PM
im wondering why europe always gets the better edition i mean we get a jack in the box a art book and the dlc. They get a book with all the codex pages a ,art book ,soundtrack a dvd ,all the dlc and a very nice looking chest to put it all in doesnt it seem kind of like a rip off if you know what i mean. So im just wondering why is this

OGCFB
12-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Because for once USA isn't treated at a higher standard than the rest of the world get over it...

CrossCrescendo
12-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Hey. Asian edition is the worst. My friend was hoping for a Jack in the Box and he got. Guess what? Cup coasters.

SPEEDY1001
12-09-2010, 04:40 PM
<-german and I have the codex edt and I find the jack in the box a really nice idea

the codex is well somehow irritating - maybe I forgot to much of the story from bloodlines but the codex pages appear as if the are not in the right order

and yes the box is nice *g* it contains now the smaller stuff of some other ce's http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

mfg
Olli

ShadowRage41
12-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by OACFB:
Because for once USA isn't treated at a higher standard than the rest of the world get over it...

Where did you ever get the notion that we are treated at a higher standard than the rest of the world? XD As far as I know all money spends the same.

Concerning the limited edition. I have absolutely no complaints concerning it. I have the Master Assassin's edition from AC II and the Collectors edition from Brotherhood. and both editions are very nice. I mean I was fine with the White Ezio Figurine from the Master Assassin edition. and the Jack in the box is cool as well. I like the art books and the additional content. and bonus dvd's. really there is nothing to complain about except there is another edition with content you don't have access to. and we have content they don't have access to. hence collectors edition or Limited edition.

There is nothing to complain about. our north American edition is killer too.

Abeonis
12-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by ShadowRage41:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OACFB:

Where did you ever get the notion that we are treated at a higher standard than the rest of the world? XD As far as I know all money spends the same.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The US almost always receives preferential treatment when it comes to media products. It always has the earliest release dates for games and films (unless their produced by a European or Japanese game company), TV porgrammes always air in the US several weeks before they do the UK. You also get things substantially cheaper: see here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripoff_Britain).

OGCFB
12-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShadowRage41:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OACFB:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The US almost always receives preferential treatment when it comes to media products. It always has the earliest release dates for games and films (unless their produced by a European or Japanese game company), TV porgrammes always air in the US several weeks before they do the UK. You also get things substantially cheaper: see here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripoff_Britain). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's true also alot of games like grand theft auto are made in Europe yet still have earlier release dates in NA.

ShadowRage41
12-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Well Movies I understand. but keep in mind sometimes they are released earlier in certain area's of the United States than in the South where I live. It does not matter to me much as long as I get to see them.

Guy's I honestly feel like Game companies should treat all of us the same. we all spend cash for their products and by doing so we support them. and yeah I am aware that sometimes games are released earlier in the U.S. I have no idea why. but back in the day games were released in Asia first. especially when Nintendo was in it's early years. and during the early play station years. Look as long as we get a cool CE I am fine with it. and I hope you guy's get one as well. People we are all fans of the series.

As for Rockstar? I don't play GTA, I like Red Dead.XD

Dancher2010
12-10-2010, 06:19 AM
Can someone explain me why I can't pre-order AC: Brotherhood Codex Edition for pc from Ubishop.
There are options to buy PS3 and XBOX versions but no PC pre-order...

ViNyLek
12-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by OACFB:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShadowRage41:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The US almost always receives preferential treatment when it comes to media products. It always has the earliest release dates for games and films (unless their produced by a European or Japanese game company), TV porgrammes always air in the US several weeks before they do the UK. You also get things substantially cheaper: see here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripoff_Britain). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's true also alot of games like grand theft auto are made in Europe yet still have earlier release dates in NA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

US gets priority because it has most money. Revenue and income, taxes and all that **** contribute to it. Of course devs (of any media) will go first where money's at!! It's only logical...

I for one hate clown in the box and could gladly resell:-P

Awe1
12-10-2010, 05:02 PM
As for Rockstar? I don't play GTA, I like Red Dead.XD

Red dead owns

Zire1022
12-10-2010, 09:19 PM
i would have boughten the codex ed if they had it in the usa but tooo bad its me some lesser version of that. the jack in a box is cool but i would have rather gotten both preorder skins.

in game content>jack in a box books and other bs.

as for the special treatment usa bs, i would rather they treat us all the same.