PDA

View Full Version : Dauntless Bombing

randall.h
01-22-2006, 12:48 AM
I knew it wouldn't be long before I needed more help! How do you release the bombs while bombing Carriers? I can get to the telescopic sight mode but can't figure out how to release the bombs. Do you hear any sort of noise (whistle) or anything? Thank you.

randall.h
01-22-2006, 12:48 AM
I knew it wouldn't be long before I needed more help! How do you release the bombs while bombing Carriers? I can get to the telescopic sight mode but can't figure out how to release the bombs. Do you hear any sort of noise (whistle) or anything? Thank you.

randall.h
01-22-2006, 12:50 AM
PS
I do try the "Find" button before bothering anyone but I don't seem to be very good at that either!

Hoatee
01-22-2006, 04:55 AM
There's no harm in checking your key/stick mapping.

djetz
01-22-2006, 05:55 AM
According to the card I got with the game, weapon 3 is the spacebar, weapon 4 is alt+space.

I reassigned them in my setup, so have a look in yours (under "controls") and see whether you've done it too, if the standard settings aren't working.

Bombs are usually "weapon 3" in the game.

Zeus-cat
01-22-2006, 09:12 AM
I built a 26 mission SBD-3 camapign and I am working on a sequel. I would be interested in some feedback on it. See my signature for download info. It will work in PF stand alone as well as a merged install.

major_setback
01-22-2006, 10:10 AM
Look at 'controls' on the main game page (it's a button).
You can set yor desired key to each control by clicking to the right of each command and then entering yor desired key command.

major_setback
01-22-2006, 10:17 AM
In 'controls'

Weapons 3 are rockets
Weapons 4 are bombs

In some aircraft you might have to open the bomb doors (maybe have to set a key for this too in controls). I'm not sure...I don't fly many bombers. I don't think you can really tell if the bomb has gone unless you select an external view (F2) and pan with the mouse. F7 also sometimes gives you a view toward the target.
Are you sure you're carrying bombs? Select them to the right of your aircraft in quick missions and in the 'arming' section once you start a campaign mission or single mission.

mtnman4
01-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Zeus-Cat, I'm on mission 16 of your "Straight Down" campaign & every one has been fantastic to fly! I don't see any flaws in them. They seem well thought out and execute nicely. Mostly FUN!

I prefer the dive bombers or level bomber campaigns to the fighters. Have you given any thought to a B-25 campaign? (wish it could be B-24's)

Zeus-cat
01-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Hey mtnman4, you are the first person to comment on "Straight Down". I am glad you like it. Thanks for the comments.

I started a sequel and have made 21 missions for it, but I haven't woked on it in several months.

Dubbo and I considered making an He-111 campaign, but we shelved the project. I thooght about a low-level B-25 campaign as I can't hit much of anything in a high-altitdue bomber.

If you guys are playing offline campaigns and haven't voted yet, go over to this thread and vote for your favorite camapigns. http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/3631050393/p/7

Maraz_5SA
01-23-2006, 05:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
(...)

Dubbo and I considered making an He-111 campaign,

(...)
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, please!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Maraz

mtnman4
01-23-2006, 08:56 AM
No, thank you sir ! I really enjoy the campaigns. I got burnt out on the DF rooms "Fly & Die" action. Forgot to mention, I'm 3 missions into your "Straight & True" as well. Well done on that one too Zeus-Cat!
Looking forward to the sequel. When you get the time , reconsider a He-111 or B-25 campaign.
Anyway, thanks again.

Tully__
01-25-2006, 09:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...you might have to open the bomb doors... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bomb bay doors are automatic on all aircraft so equipped in the game. Just press the bomb release (weapon 4) control. In some aicraft there's an audible click, in others it's too quiet to hear.

Vigilanty
01-25-2006, 09:52 PM
There is no bomb bay in the SBD, though, so that won't be the problem in this case.