PDA

View Full Version : Not having fun, please help?

connelld1965
11-27-2009, 06:51 PM
The game has been very slow and I really got upset having to chase up building to get feathers for a stupid kid.

Then I saved out a lot of money and bought a pouch to stope some healing potions...seemed like a good idea.

Kept getting attacked and beating up people and they just rolled on the ground after...could not buy anything usable in stores.

Then I get my sword and can and feel a smidge better until it gets knocked out of my hand and I have to run away like a sissy.

Finally I go to try and heal myself and I can't use any of the potions I stored in my belt I bought for 6000!

How do you drink potions to heal yourself. Not seeing anything fun about this game but want to see if it gets any less idiotic.

maverick494
11-28-2009, 05:38 AM
It all depends on how you play it. If you're like my brother who goes on a rampage like a psychopath, killing everyone who stands in his way (including civvies) you're going to get attacked. (duh) and if you don't have the means to defend yourself you might get killed too (duh)

You don't have to collect the feathers if you don't want to. It's all choice my friend.

Edengoth
11-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Idiotic? I'm usually not the one to say this, but it sounds like the problem is you. If you can't figure out how to drink potions, that's not ACII's fault, dude. And if you don't like the whole "climbing up buildings" thing to reach an objective, then this isn't the game for you.
And yeah, you get another sword a bit later. This game is narrative-driven, so the first little bit isn't going to have you controlling some powerhouse mass murderer. If you want a game where you can just tear [stuff] up, this probably isn't the game for you, either.

An_Idea
11-28-2009, 01:36 PM
ur very far away from the end of the game, if you really get mad for just collecting 3 feathers in 2 minutes than i really dont know what to tell you. its less than 2 minutes out of your life

go buy madworld

http://thegreenroomblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/mad-world-1-wii_0081.jpg

if you want ridiculous action

Miyagi__
11-29-2009, 02:47 AM
Try reading the manual and pay attention to the tips that show up on the left of your screen...

jmlrose18
11-29-2009, 10:48 AM
You're not that silly. It is kinda slow in the beginning, but after a while it does get more fun. I know I would rather have skipped the beginning stuff, but they really are kind of like tutorials for what you're going to do later in the game. To heal yourself, press the left button on the d pad. You can also hit LB to see all your armed weapons, and to arm one you move the right joystick around (this is for xbox 360, i don't have a psp). Also, you don't really get a sword until the storyline takes you out of Florence. If you pay attention to the hints, you can really do some cool stuff.

Cryps1
11-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Agree with Edengoth, you didn't even get out of Florence, and i can already tell you are absolutely horrible at this game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

nicky117
11-29-2009, 02:21 PM
buy altair costume from uplay, use it in Ezio's teen years, act like a young altair

Deity Matrix
11-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Two things to the OP: First off, that kid is your brother and the story means for you to care about your family, as most people do...secondly you should relax and follow the main quests until you start to see more of the game, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If that doesn't happen, buy/go play Gears of War(preferably Gears 2) if you really want some fun and simple action and fighting gameplay without excess thought or story involved.

P.S. I am a HUGE fan of both games, and both are a definite must play, in my opinion.

Bob_Cats
12-01-2009, 12:49 AM
Geeez

You need to chill.

SPOILER

the kid is patrucio or something he dies if it makes you feel better.

for PS3 you press R2 which brings up quick select, and used the analog sticks to choose what you want to use (medicine is on the left)

And save your money for some cool stuff

always check your minimap for stuff, it gets better

JudgeQwerty
12-01-2009, 12:59 AM
Dude... you're still in the tutorial section of the game... have patience.

deadlylemon1991
12-01-2009, 01:31 PM
i thought the tutorial was pretty good, eased you slowly into the story and the game

Black_Widow9
12-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by connelld1965:
How do you drink potions to heal yourself. Not seeing anything fun about this game but want to see if it gets any less idiotic.

Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
I'm not sure what system you're playing on but on the 360 to heal yourself you press the directional pad left. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
Like the others have said this isn't exactly a hack and slash game and it requires stealth. The longer you play the more skills you aquire to be able to defeat harder enemies. Hang in there. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

hobgoblin7
12-01-2009, 09:00 PM
On the PS3 to use the health potions press Left on the directional pad.

Also, if you don't want to emtpy all the treasure chests or collect the feathers - don't. It will speed things up tremendously.

bcCoBHC
12-04-2009, 12:29 AM
try changing up combat a little. hand to hand, using the hidden blades, throwing multiple knives at once, larger two handed weapons, there is a plenty to experiment with. it can get boring very quickly if you just use one weapon type. hire some fighters to fight along with you, get a group of six of them and just go guard hunting!