PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Animus Edition Delayed?

MCRMJ
10-18-2011, 07:52 AM
With the release getting closer I thought I'd pop on to Ubistore and check my order was still there, but once logged in, on the order page it said

"This order will be shipped after the release date of 31/12/2011 for Assassin’s Creed® Revelations - Animus Edition"

I've contacted support who basically responded with "It will be posted on the date specified on your order page", which wasn't very helpful.

Has the PS3 version been delayed? As will pre-order a copy from elsewhere in addition as well so I can make sure I at least get a copy on release day.

(Just as a side point, the 360 Animus Edition is still in the store, the PS3 version nowhere to be seen).

EscoBlades
10-18-2011, 08:01 AM
Ubistore is out of stock of the PS3 Animus Edition last time i checked (2 days ago)

They are probably out of 360 copies of the Animus Edition as well (i checked last night)

I've been directing people to Gamestop should they need to preorder the animus edition on any platform. I suspect the date you saw was just an error. No delay has been officially announced anywhere.

hrhtom
10-18-2011, 08:14 AM
i have just checked with amazon and my animus edition (ps3) is still saying 15th november

MCRMJ
10-18-2011, 08:18 AM
It's made me a little jittery though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Especially after the awful Play.com fiasco I had last year with the codex Brotherhood.

I may still pre-order from somewhere else and see what happens.

Also very weary of ordering from Gamestop UK. Their customer services is shockingly bad, they take the money immediately for pre-orders and have a poor record of getting pre-order items to you around release date.

superkootje
10-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Just checked my order from bol.com.
It says I get it on release date so 15 november http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

eagleforlife1
10-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by MCRMJ:
Also very weary of ordering from Gamestop UK. Their customer services is shockingly bad, they take the money immediately for pre-orders and have a poor record of getting pre-order items to you around release date.

Ubisoft took my money immediately for my pre-order of the Animus Edition this year. It caused a lot of problems with my bank.

blazefp
10-18-2011, 09:16 AM
I'm in Portugal and I can't pre-order any game or electronics from an outside country but that kinda scares me. I can't still preorder it at the store here, I hope they have enough for my 3rd world country.

Mr_Shade
10-18-2011, 09:24 AM
The release date has not changed for the consoles versions.

The different date you see, maybe due to the item being out of stock and that date being the next available date for new stock.

I would query any date / stock questions to he retailer.

MCRMJ
10-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
The release date has not changed for the consoles versions.

The different date you see, maybe due to the item being out of stock and that date being the next available date for new stock.

I would query any date / stock questions to he retailer.

I pre-ordered on the 9th June, as soon as it became available and as far as I know the official Ubisoft store took the item off once the allocation had sold out, so if it's out of stock for people pre-ordering then wouldn't this be classed as a delay?

I have directed my question to the store (the official Ubi store) and got a vague reply. Hence my post here to see if anyone had a similar experience/actual help from support.

PKSteeve
10-18-2011, 10:27 AM
I pre-ordered Mine a couple of months ago, i done it straight off the ubi site, not game stop or ubishop.. does anyone know if that will make any difference? i payed with paypal and they've already taken my money..
Anyone know? i been a bit worried see (:

Chariflame
10-18-2011, 11:39 AM
On my order page, I have the same message as you, but...

"This order will be shipped after the release date of 11/11/2011 for Assassin’s Creed® Revelations - Animus Edition." (I assume it's being sent out on the 11th so it arrives on release day.)

I pre-ordered mine in August for PS3 though, so even if people who pre-ordered later get stock from a later shipment, you still ordered yours before mine. :/

PKSteeve
10-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Chariflame:
On my order page, I have the same message as you, but...

"This order will be shipped after the release date of 11/11/2011 for Assassin’s Creed® Revelations - Animus Edition." (I assume it's being sent out on the 11th so it arrives on release day.)

I pre-ordered mine in August for PS3 though, so even if people who pre-ordered later get stock from a later shipment, you still ordered yours before mine. :/

Sorry bro.. How do i check my order if it isn't from ubi shop or gamestop man? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

PKSteeve
10-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Sorry, I got it wrong, I got it from ubishop.. my bad.

My order says "This order will be shipped after the release date of 11/11/2011 for Assassin’s Creed® Revelations - Animus Edition" Aswell man http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

I ordered it in july Though (:

AnthonyA85
10-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by MCRMJ:

What? Are you sure?

Hm, well, all i can say is i hope i get the PC version of the Animus Edition I ordered from them (should have probably registered, and not just ordered as a Guest)

MCRMJ
10-19-2011, 01:21 AM
I contacted the store again and asked the question a bit more specifically.

"Thank you for contacting the Ubisoft Store.

The product that you ordered is a pre-order and has not yet been released to the public. Although we do not have an estimated release date, as soon as it is available your order will be promptly fulfilled and you will be notified via email.

If you purchased via credit card, rest assured your card will not be charged until the product has been released. "

Which is no help at all. I need to know whether the date on the order is correct (and if it is, then why some people who ordered later than me have earlier dates).

The Animus edition is not cheap but I do not want to miss out (but then, what's the point of pre-ordering, from the official store no less).

Looks like I'll have to order from Gamestop AND order a normal copy from elsewhere just to make sure I can actually play on launch day and not avoid everyone and websites so I don't get the story spoiled and make sure I don't miss out on the the Animus set.

eagleforlife1
10-19-2011, 04:13 AM
I got the same message as you MCRMJ.

Mr_Shade
10-19-2011, 04:13 AM
I can only suggest you get back in contact with the store and escalate your complaint, if you feel you have been passed over.

I will alert our team, however all questions and complaints need to go through the correct team, which is the Ubishop support system, as some of you have been doing.

Neo00_85
10-19-2011, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by blazefp:
I'm in Portugal and I can't pre-order any game or electronics from an outside country but that kinda scares me. I can't still preorder it at the store here, I hope they have enough for my 3rd world country.

Hi there =)

Don't know where you are in Portugal but I'm from Lisbon and i ordered all the special editions of AC in the Gamestop store in Dolce Vita Tejo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

blazefp
10-19-2011, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by Neo00_85:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:

Hi there =)

Don't know where you are in Portugal but I'm from Lisbon and i ordered all the special editions of AC in the Gamestop store in Dolce Vita Tejo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'd already sent me a PM. Thx for the info http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Mr_Shade
10-19-2011, 07:40 AM
Hi all,

Just to confirm to everyone who has preordered on the ubishop.

There maybe an error in some confirmation emails, due to an website error you may have a shipping date of the 31/12/11 - this an an error!

This was caused by the pre order system, and is not a delay.

People who have pre ordered should all get their games by the 15th of November (assuming there is no problem with your postal system)

MCRMJ
10-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Hi all,

Just to confirm to everyone who has preordered on the ubishop.

There maybe an error in some confirmation emails, due to an website error you may have a shipping date of the 31/12/11 - this an an error!

This was caused by the pre order system, and is not a delay.

People who have pre ordered should all get their games by the 15th of November (assuming there is no problem with your postal system)

That's fantastic (thanks for taking the time to post this btw). Though why the Ubi store support couldn't have checked this before replying is a bit disappointing.

masqueradEve
10-27-2011, 05:19 AM
I tried to ask the ubisoft store of the PS3 Animus edition as it seems that I'm unable to preorder it anymore. Got very vague response asking me to contact the customer support instead.

That made me wonder why in earth wouldn't a question of shops item be a matter belonging to the ubishop?

So. I'm currently assuming that the PS3 Animus edition preorder has been indeed sold out from the ubisoft store, more isn't coming and I'm taking my money to Gamestop. Unfortunately.