PDA

View Full Version : Altairs Voice in Assassins Creed Revelations!

ScreamToBeHeard
09-25-2011, 10:51 PM
I really think that Altairs Original voice should be brought back to the game, at least in the options menu as a choice between the accent or not. There are both people who want the authenticity of the accent, and there are those who just love the original voicing of Philip Shahbaz. I mean, why not add an option that adds the accents affects? It's not hurting anyone, and it would make a lot of people happy. Just a thought, still love the games either way, but I loved Altairs original voice.

LightRey
09-25-2011, 11:19 PM
Because it costs way too much money for them to have him voice everything Alta´r says twice.

Moultonborough
09-25-2011, 11:21 PM
It's way too late now. They showed Roger Smith doing Ezio at the time of E3. There is only a month and a half left toll it comes out. To suddenly throw in another voice with a whole script this late would ruin it. But I would like to make a question in return. I do not mean to be rude but which is it. A lot of people before we heard the new voice wanted it different than what it first was. Yet, now once Gamescom has come and gone and further conformation from the latest video's they suddenly hate it and want it back to normal. Can someone please explain to me why most people changed and jumped onto the "lets hate Altair's new voice" bandwagon. I personally did not mind his voice in AC but I like it also in AC:R. People wanted a accent and now don't it just baffles me. Again I don't mean at all to be rude but those are my own personal thoughts.

EDIT: They have a different VA for almost every character dependent on which language you use. Check it out in the credits next time you finish.

Dagio12
09-25-2011, 11:31 PM
hello there,

there are already a few threads talking about Altairs voice... try searching for them ( that wasnt meant to sound rude in anyway.. just helping...) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

anyways,

honestly, I enjoy the authenticity of the new accent, nor does it bother me. With that said, I also understand where you are coming from, however, I dont think your idea would be very practical. This isnt just a simple options ordeal, this would require them to go back into the studio and rerecord all of Altairs lines with the old accent, sync all them back into the game, and add an option to switch between the two. This is something that takes a lot of time, money and frankly, isnt worth all that effort.

Unfortunately, for the people that can't let go of the old accent, this is a bummer for you all, but authenticity seems to be what they are trying to go for and it is what we are going to get... adding that options now is probably not going to happen.

Other sound theories seem to also think that this is merely his actual voice as oppose to the way animus 1.0 made him sound ( which was more american) or the fact that we are viewing his memories via Ezio as oppose to Desmond, so we are essentially seeing Altair as he actually sounded and existed as oppose to any influence that Desmond had as he was playing him through the animus.

Dagio12
09-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
It's way too late now. They showed Roger Smith doing Ezio at the time of E3. There is only a month and a half left toll it comes out. To suddenly throw in another voice with a whole script this late would ruin it. But I would like to make a question in return. I do not mean to be rude but which is it. A lot of people before we heard the new voice wanted it different than what it first was. Yet, now once Gamescom has come and gone and further conformation from the latest video's they suddenly hate it and want it back to normal. Can someone please explain to me why most people changed and jumped onto the "lets hate Altair's new voice" bandwagon. I personally did not mind his voice in AC but I like it also in AC:R. People wanted a accent and now don't it just baffles me. Again I don't mean at all to be rude but those are my own personal thoughts.

EDIT: They have a different VA for almost every character dependent on which language you use. Check it out in the credits next time you finish.

I also dont mean to be rude, nor am i implying anything about the OP, but in my experience, it seems like people love to complain about things, its just human nature to some. Its also hard for people to let go of the past, open there minds, and accept change.. even if change is what they originally wanted. Its much easier to just "get comfortable" about something in the past you know then to accept something new... even if it makes sense...

E-Zekiel
09-26-2011, 03:42 AM
For the 30th or so time, the voice actor is the same person, he is just doing a different this time.

Yes, I too prefer the original, but this one is fine too imo.

AntiChrist7
09-26-2011, 03:49 AM
what about 16's voice? its way different from the glyphs and truth video in ACII and brotherhood.

am i the only one who thinks that?

InfectedNation
09-26-2011, 04:53 AM
I think the plotline reason for the more accurate voices, faces etc is not just because of the seals, but because of the Black Room - remember it's meant to be more powerful than the usual animus operating system?

itsamea-mario
09-26-2011, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
For the 30th or so time, the voice actor is the same person, he is just doing a different this time.

Actually it's not the same voice actor.

JJTHoukes
09-26-2011, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
what about 16's voice? its way different from the glyphs and truth video in ACII and brotherhood.

am i the only one who thinks that?

You have to keep in mind that, for the first time ever, he actually seems to be calm this time.

In all other appearances, he sounded wild, crazy and chaotic.

BeCk41
09-26-2011, 06:33 AM
Yeah but, Altair's Voice was of an American dude, it just wouldn't sound authentic at all! I don't think he should have spoke plain English in the 1st game, he should of at least had an accent of some kind...

Colossus_1191
09-26-2011, 06:48 AM
This voice makes more sense, so it is okay with me.

sassinscreed
09-26-2011, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by ScreamToBeHeard:
I really think that Altairs Original voice should be brought back to the game, at least in the options menu as a choice between the accent or not. There are both people who want the authenticity of the accent, and there are those who just love the original voicing of Philip Shahbaz. I mean, why not add an option that adds the accents affects? It's not hurting anyone, and it would make a lot of people happy. Just a thought, still love the games either way, but I loved Altairs original voice.

if accent really bothers you that much don't play the game

you get game how it is, if you like it you can play it if you don't don't play it

LightRey
09-26-2011, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

Actually it's not the same voice actor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Isn't that still under debate? Something about the twitter account they got the info from not being verified and accused of being fake or something?

CaptainP00face
09-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Colossus_1191:

It's funny how much opinions can differ, since I absolutely do not agree http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I found the voice in the first game more suiting, it was mysterious just as Altair was.

RzaRecta357
09-26-2011, 11:05 AM
While I loved his original voice and would of enjoyed it in this game I can see why they wanted to update it.

I like the new voice also, so it doesn't bug me.

I'm still trying to get over the not having the same face thing anymore.

AltairsFinger
09-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Altair's linguistic skills certainly fascinate me personally, I mean... in the first game he is able to communicate with Christians, Saracens and Jewish elements, so he'd have been able to speak at the very least English, Arabic and Hebrew. Goodness knows what other languages he learned to speak along the way into his later years too.

LightRey
09-26-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by CaptainP00face:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Colossus_1191:

It's funny how much opinions can differ, since I absolutely do not agree http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I found the voice in the first game more suiting, it was mysterious just as Altair was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
With "makes more sense" he means that it's more appropriate to use an Arabic accent since the guy is Arabic.

Colossus_1191
09-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by CaptainP00face:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Colossus_1191:

I found the voice in the first game more suiting, it was mysterious just as Altair was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True. It is very mysterious for a man born and raised in the Holy Land to have an american accent, especially considering "America" didn't exist yet.

Animuses
09-26-2011, 01:48 PM
I would've liked it if Altair had the same voice from AC, but with a middle-eastern accent. The current voice is fine though.

Krayus Korianis
09-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

The voice actor in Assassin's Creed who did the voice of Alta´r was Philip Shahbaz. The SAME voice actor who is doing the voice of Alta´r in Revelations.

The ONLY difference this time is Philip Shahbaz is using his ORIGINAL normal voice instead of a fake American/English accent.

The reason that the accent was American/English was because the Animus did it that way to make it easier for the user to understand the character.

In AC 2 and AC:B we NEVER heard Alta´r speak at all. This is with the Animus 2.0. Perhaps the Animus 2.0 is better than Abstergo's Animus in that it shows you the real voices of those in the past.

Dieinthedark
09-26-2011, 02:58 PM
I would prefer it but yeah, it won't happen. I'd love to have that included though, even in patch....( HINT HINT @ UBI ) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

itsamea-mario
09-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:

The voice actor in Assassin's Creed who did the voice of Alta´r was Philip Shahbaz. The SAME voice actor who is doing the voice of Alta´r in Revelations.

The ONLY difference this time is Philip Shahbaz is using his ORIGINAL normal voice instead of a fake American/English accent.

The reason that the accent was American/English was because the Animus did it that way to make it easier for the user to understand the character.

In AC 2 and AC:B we NEVER heard Alta´r speak at all. This is with the Animus 2.0. Perhaps the Animus 2.0 is better than Abstergo's Animus in that it shows you the real voices of those in the past. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought he'd said it wasnt him, but then again I also heard that guy might have been a fake.

E-Zekiel
09-27-2011, 06:52 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1928116/

Until this says something other than Philip Shahbaz, it's Philip Shahbaz, who also did AC1.

I would not be surprised, however, if they had several voice actors, dependent on Alta´r's age, to portray his voice differently throughout his life.

However, since they didn't do that for Ezio, I doubt they would for Alta´r, barring capability of the actor of course. But I'm sure he does fine.