PDA

View Full Version : Great news, we'll be getting the Dornier!



RedNeckerson
04-15-2005, 12:10 PM
Oleg confirmed in ORR that the Dornier is still "in progress".

Great news!

http://www.luftwaffepics.com/LCBW/Dor335.jpg

Thanks to Gibbage who started the model and everyone elso who worked/is working to bring this great aircraft to FB!

carguy_
04-15-2005, 12:17 PM
Bah,it is so late late late aircraft that I doubt I ever get to fly it.

JG52Uther
04-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Da*n,i thought you meant the Do17 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif
Have to wait for BoB now

madsarmy
04-15-2005, 12:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG52Uther:
Da*n,i thought you meant the Do17 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif
Have to wait for BoB now <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me Too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Aeronautico
04-15-2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah, those "flying pencils"... why have they not only ever been implemented, but even discussed, asked for? I think it is a huge lack as much as the '110 one was in IL-2.

RedNeckerson
04-15-2005, 12:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG52Uther:
Da*n,i thought you meant the Do17 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif
Have to wait for BoB now <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh ****, sorry about that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Do-17/217 would be awesome to have.

Do-217 had an 8,800lb bombload http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

tigertalon
04-15-2005, 01:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by madsarmy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG52Uther:
Da*n,i thought you meant the Do17 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif
Have to wait for BoB now <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me Too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, same here! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Anyway, when takeoffing, one will have to be careful not do damage tail... Or did 335 maybe have folding one, just like MiG-23?

Waldo.Pepper
04-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Don't remember about the tail. But the bailout proceedure should be awesome to watch.

faustnik
04-15-2005, 04:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
Don't remember about the tail. But the bailout proceedure should be awesome to watch. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't have an ejection seat?

Doesn't matter didn't see combat anyway.

Badsight.
04-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Germany used Do-335 to equip a formation flying display team after the war untill 1949

they were bright Red with white striping , the pilots asked for pfeils rather than 262s of any other Messers or Fock-Wulfs

must go find a pic of them

VMF-214_HaVoK
04-15-2005, 04:41 PM
Yeah! Another Axis whatif plane that you will only see in arcade servers... yadayada http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

AlmightyTallest
04-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Cool, now does this mean we get an F4U-4 or a P-47N to counter it? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Badsight.
04-15-2005, 04:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
Yeah! Another Axis whatif plane that you will only see in arcade servers... yadayada http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>so your hoping

all your jugs belong to us

xTHRUDx
04-15-2005, 05:04 PM
I bet thing has the rear visibilty of the beaufighter.

how about we don't make planes that did have a production run of a resonable amount of planes.

Aaron_GT
04-15-2005, 05:06 PM
A Do17 or 217 would be very nice...

Aaron_GT
04-15-2005, 05:08 PM
"Didn't have an ejection seat?"

Explosive bolts to blow the fins, rear props, eject the canopy, and finally an ejection seat for the pilot.

darkhorizon11
04-15-2005, 05:17 PM
Stop whining.

The reason we aren't getting your Do-17 pencil is because no one modelled it. In fact 1c stopped modeling aircraft a long time ago for FB. If you want those planes so bad model them yourselves instead of whining that were not getting the plane that YOU want for free.

Thats one thing I'm sick of seeing on this forum, they turn down free aircraft that most companies would charge us bigtime for.
-
Oleg is just giving you what he's been given. Love it or leave it!

Monty_Thrud
04-15-2005, 05:41 PM
I remember reading about Pierre Closterman(Big Show) running into one of these...well...it appeared...he thought...WTF is that...then it disappeared, cant really see it being a good fighter...but it should be fast....happen

corvette93
04-15-2005, 07:15 PM
Well, WTH we'll take it! Still hoping for a Ju 88, HS 129, and a Fokker XXI http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

LeadSpitter_
04-15-2005, 09:44 PM
it will be fun for offline single player missions.

RedNeckerson
04-16-2005, 03:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Badsight.:
Germany used Do-335 to equip a formation flying display team after the war untill 1949

they were bright Red with white striping , the pilots asked for pfeils rather than 262s of any other Messers or Fock-Wulfs

must go find a pic of them <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


Please do, that would be awesome.

tigertalon
04-16-2005, 04:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by faustnik:
Doesn't matter didn't see combat anyway. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think there were some encounters in last days, in which one got shot down. Will try to dig out something...

JG5_UnKle
04-16-2005, 04:05 AM
Doh! Ithought Do-17 too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Aeronautico
04-16-2005, 05:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedNeckerson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Badsight.:
Germany used Do-335 to equip a formation flying display team after the war untill 1949

they were bright Red with white striping , the pilots asked for pfeils rather than 262s of any other Messers or Fock-Wulfs
must go find a pic of them <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please do, that would be awesome. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you guys realise that is only alternative reality, right?

Hristos
04-16-2005, 06:19 AM
Hmm, let me see:

obvious:
faster than any Allied plane in game
MK 103 + 2 MG151s in cowl
best range among German fighters
great powerloading
low drag

possible:
above average turning

Hmm, if enabled, it would be a blast to fly. I enjoyed modeling my 1/48 Tamiya Pfeil few years ago.

Aaron_GT
04-16-2005, 10:54 AM
"faster than any Allied plane in game"

Surely the P80 is faster?

Hristos
04-16-2005, 11:08 AM
surely http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

nearmiss
04-16-2005, 02:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedNeckerson:
Oleg confirmed in ORR that the Dornier is still "in progress".

Great news!

http://www.luftwaffepics.com/LCBW/Dor335.jpg

Thanks to Gibbage who started the model and everyone elso who worked/is working to bring this great aircraft to FB! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif WOW! Pushin' and Pullin' what an arrrplane.

The German designers were just freaked about the P-38 and thought they'd improve on it. So they put all their power into one tube and poked some wings on it.

AB_Zipper
04-16-2005, 04:15 PM
It looks like the allied pilots boots are shaking! and they aren't even wearing them! LOL! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Freycinet
04-16-2005, 06:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Badsight.:
Germany used Do-335 to equip a formation flying display team after the war untill 1949

they were bright Red with white striping , the pilots asked for pfeils rather than 262s of any other Messers or Fock-Wulfs

must go find a pic of them <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In your dreams..... pfff....

Vipez-
04-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Humm, it's not so fantasy plane, like most thing here.. production number was over +30, and by april some even reached frontline.. offcourse it is an other story, if the plane archieved any success, as the war was allready almost over.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I wouldn't mind seeing it in late 1945-servers, but in (extremely) restricted numbers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Endrju
04-17-2005, 03:06 PM
Still "in progress"? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif I thought patch 4.0 is ready from 18 of March (in terms of new things) and is only being tested and corrected...

Aeronautico
04-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Why, must it necessarily be in Patch 4.0? Or... are you among the apparently many ones that think Patch 4.0 is going to be the last one?

LEXX_Luthor
04-17-2005, 07:07 PM
335 will be another First for FB. Tractor and Pusher propellers.

For Russian CDs, MiG~13 will be another First...prop engine driving jet compressor...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>1650hp VK~107R with shaft drive to VRDK rated at 300kg thrust for 10 minute periods.

~ Bill Gunsten <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't know if that is one 10 minute period or several. Maybe Oleg will model it like uber "boost" or something.

Also First for FB (Russian CDs)...rocket boosted La~7R and Yak~3R. Prop and rocket. I always wondered if Oleg could fit mixed propulsion over the FB...I guess he can. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And who was that "professor" dude/dudette with the Me~262 rocket boost engine in his/her SiG (I think that was it)? That would be interseting...jet with rocket boost. wOOt http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

p1ngu666
04-17-2005, 07:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
335 will be another First for FB. Tractor and Pusher propellers.

For Russian CDs, MiG~13 will be another First...prop engine driving jet compressor...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>1650hp VK~107R with shaft drive to VRDK rated at 300kg thrust for 10 minute periods.

~ Bill Gunsten <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't know if that is one 10 minute period or several. Maybe Oleg will model it like uber "boost" or something.

Also First for FB (Russian CDs)...rocket boosted La~7R and Yak~3R. Prop and rocket. I always wondered if Oleg could fit mixed propulsion over the FB...I guess he can. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And who was that "professor" dude/dudette with the Me~262 rocket boost engine in his/her SiG (I think that was it)? That would be interseting...jet with rocket boost. wOOt http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ud cream yourself over napiers post war engine...
ill photo teh pages for u http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

LEXX_Luthor
04-17-2005, 08:09 PM
no NOOO pingu~pics....my poor laptop!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Well, if you re~size the pics first, or make them click links like leaspditter's Oleg pic links--that makes it easy to open each page in its own New Window and flip between pages.

p1ngu666
04-18-2005, 09:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
no NOOO pingu~pics....my poor laptop!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Well, if you re~size the pics first, or make them click links like leaspditter's Oleg pic links--that makes it easy to open each page in its own New Window and flip between pages. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

WOLFMondo
04-18-2005, 10:07 AM
To the another what if statements...it wasn't a Go229 or BF109Z, it was there and used in the frontlines. Not extensivly but more so than say the YP80http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hristos:
faster than any Allied plane in game
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That remains to be seen. If the Tempest V is a series II FM with a Sabre IIC with 13lbs boost and ability to overboost, at certain altitudes it will be a very close run thing.