PDA

View Full Version : Cam2pan

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 02:23 PM
Does it do the work, how much does the equipment cost, will a cheap skate such as myself find it any use in FB?

I need a new graphics card before I can get TrackIR so is Cam2pan even worth considering?

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 02:23 PM
Does it do the work, how much does the equipment cost, will a cheap skate such as myself find it any use in FB?

I need a new graphics card before I can get TrackIR so is Cam2pan even worth considering?

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 02:32 PM
I tried it. I didn't like it. It needed a lot of ambient light and I dont like bright lights on when I'm using the PC for anything.

I'd never join a club that would have ME as a member!!.

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 03:08 PM
I've tried and it seems to work alright.

I don't use it, because I've become pretty good with the mouse and I hate flying with bright lights in the room.

It is hard enough to strafe a ground target with out background lighting making it that much harder.

TinMan

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 03:20 PM
I don't like to fly without it. I have been using it since start of summer, both in FB and MSFS.

You need your face to be illuminated, but not necessarily by having a lamp directly turned on your directions. I use a directional desk lamp, spreading light on the desk, for example.

I agree that if you like to fly in the dark C2P is not ok for you.. I would like to try out with soft neon though.

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 03:37 PM
Oboe wrote:
- Does it do the work, how much does the equipment
- cost, will a cheap skate such as myself find it any
- use in FB?
I used it with the old IL-2 and it did work well for me.

About that additional light, I didÔ┬┤nt bother much with that. A white peace of paper on the forhead and light from screen did it for me. Took some tweaking though.

Now with my Saitek X-36 I use the hatswitch and that new thing called newview(still tweakin).