PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for a new campaign mode.

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 10:01 PM
I would like a new mode of gameplay added.

Currently when playing the dynamic campaign one have unlimited lifes. If the player dies its just to select refly and try again. (Although this mode is good, if one ever wants to see the end of a campaign.)

However, I think they should add a special hardcore mode. (in lack of a better word, hardcore isnt really the right term) When you die during a mission the campaign is over.

These missions would of course have to have their own screen, they shouldnt be displayed with the ordinary dynamic campaigns.

The purpose would be to see how long one could get when "living" as a real pilot. This could also open up for some nice/interesting online competition. Although a server would have to be hosted by a trusted part and some verification will have to happen against that server.

--
"Too late ... No time."
Concorde pilot Christian Marty, moments before the supersonic jet crashed into a hotel in Gonesse on the outskirts of Paris.

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 10:01 PM
I would like a new mode of gameplay added.

Currently when playing the dynamic campaign one have unlimited lifes. If the player dies its just to select refly and try again. (Although this mode is good, if one ever wants to see the end of a campaign.)

However, I think they should add a special hardcore mode. (in lack of a better word, hardcore isnt really the right term) When you die during a mission the campaign is over.

These missions would of course have to have their own screen, they shouldnt be displayed with the ordinary dynamic campaigns.

The purpose would be to see how long one could get when "living" as a real pilot. This could also open up for some nice/interesting online competition. Although a server would have to be hosted by a trusted part and some verification will have to happen against that server.

--
"Too late ... No time."
Concorde pilot Christian Marty, moments before the supersonic jet crashed into a hotel in Gonesse on the outskirts of Paris.