PDA

View Full Version : Stick seems too sensitive

alky_6
11-24-2004, 09:22 PM
I have a Logitech 3D Pro, I'm sure it's not the stick, there must be some adjustment that I don't understand but it's almost impossible to shoot an enemy plane. The slightest movement on the stick moves the nose dramatically http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

WTE_Dukayn
11-24-2004, 09:29 PM
in Hardware Settings, Input, you can set a Dead Zone, which will mean you have to move the stick more before it moves the plane. That might help ya problem.

Fennec_P
11-24-2004, 09:44 PM
You can also adjust the input curves for your various axis, to make them less sensitive over smaller motions.

Personally, I use these values for pitch and roll.

0 1 4 9 16 25 36 49 64 81 100 0

alky_6
11-24-2004, 10:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fennec_P:
You can also adjust the input curves for your various axis, to make them less sensitive over smaller motions.

Personally, I use these values for pitch and roll.

0 1 4 9 16 25 36 49 64 81 100 0 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanx guys, I'll try the dead zone and I'll try these settings for pitch & roll. I suspected I could do it with that but didn't know what settings would be helpful http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Thanx again.

Tully__
11-25-2004, 05:02 AM
Click the "Joysticks & FB" link under my signature picture for a more complete explanation.

killer2359
11-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Alky38 - you seem to have the same problem with lining up shots as I do (I've also got Logitech Extreme 3D Pro) - I thought it was worse when I had some trim "wound in" - as if the game automatically added any trimmed control deflection to any subsequent stick deflection. SHRUG - I dunno.

**following updated since 3.02 patch**
Anyway, I have found the following to help me - I set my pitch map to still be fairly linear but dropped down from the default max and up from the default min - here are my current maps (Logitech 3D Pro):
PITCH: Min 25 to Max 88 - linear inbetween
ROLL: Min 20 to Max 100 - linear inbetween
YAW: Min 30 to Max 100 - linear inbetween

That's with deadband and filtering both zero.

I set the pitch maximum to a point that makes stall behaviour comfortable for me - If you feel it's too generous with regard to stalls then lift it a bit then readjust the inbetween values to linear from min to max.

I had preciously made a reference to running at max FOV here but the FM improvement in patch 3.02 plus successful joystick settings has made everyhting aok even in zoomed view - altho I still find lead computing easier in expanded FOV.

Fliger747
11-27-2004, 12:35 AM
Interesting. Getting a yaw on mine, (3D pro/laptop) much like an incipent adverse yaw, or dutch roll, that makes shoot'n a spray and pray. Much less of a problem with the X45 at home.

I think progress is being made on these control issues, a good thing!

killer2359
11-27-2004, 12:48 AM
Keep in mind that if you don't have the Logitech Profiler operating then for some reason the controller inputs go haywire in the game - ie. off axis spikes etc. - almost like the joystick is buggered - activate the profiler and it's all sweet again.

Note: the profiler is active without you even realising it (the icon in the system tray can be turned off from within profiler) I wasn't even aware the profiler was running until I deliberately turned it off - prior to that it must have been enabled these last 7 months since I installed new processor and mobo and sofware/drivers for all devices but I didn't even know it.