PDA

View Full Version : has the 4.08 patch really corrected the flaws?

ignaciojavier
02-11-2008, 04:23 AM
I doenloades 4.08 from Filefront to my 4.07 version. I sucessfuly got a red 4.08m reading in my lower lef side of the screen. After cheking the very long list of claimed corrections I discoverd thet:
1. N1K2-Ja fires its guns with the safety handle of the throttle lever.
2. Lerche III starts with a half empty fuel tank.
3. I-250 pilots headrest seems to be suspended in mid air
4. J2M5 altimeter indicator works inverted ( clockwise when diving, counterclockwise when climbing )
Thase are my findings so far
Is it possible that I have a defective 4.08m patch?
All advices will be welcomed

OMK_Hand
02-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Well, the I-250 headrest looks to mounted on a plate of armoured glass or whatever, and the Nik2-Ja does indeed appear to fire its guns using a trigger on the throttle. Well spotted.

The J2M5 altimeter works in a conventional manner as far as I can tell, so you may have a problem there... or I have... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VW-IceFire
02-11-2008, 07:14 PM
1) Probably a good spot on that one as I hadn't noticed it before. Will have to look closer.

2) Don't think it does. The fuel gauge is not in percentages...its in litres as are other German fuel gauges (and many other types in the game). So it just has a really small tank and a gauge that has too many notches on it.

3) Not sure about that...but it may be an illusion. I'd have to see a screen shot just in case you're having some sort of video card problem.

4) I know the J2M5 dive/climb indicator is fine as OMK Hand was thinking about. Will need to look over the altimeter on the other hand.

crucislancer
02-12-2008, 01:01 AM
From what I've observed, some or all of the Japanese Navy planes (not sure about the Army ones) that use cannons have the cannon trigger on the throttle. As the N1K2 only has cannons, so they are all triggered from the throttle.

knightflyte
02-12-2008, 05:47 AM
Who looks at the throttle or stick when firing? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

M_Gunz
02-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Guys one step away from rivet counting.

VW-IceFire
02-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by crucislancer:
From what I've observed, some or all of the Japanese Navy planes (not sure about the Army ones) that use cannons have the cannon trigger on the throttle. As the N1K2 only has cannons, so they are all triggered from the throttle.
Ahh good point...I know the Zero definitely had the trigger on the throttle. Didn't think that would carry through to other Navy aircraft but maybe thats the case. Trigger on the stick is for the breaks right?

crucislancer
02-13-2008, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Ahh good point...I know the Zero definitely had the trigger on the throttle. Didn't think that would carry through to other Navy aircraft but maybe thats the case. Trigger on the stick is for the breaks right?

Not sure about the stick trigger, but you might be right.

Originally posted by M_Gunz:
Guys one step away from rivet counting.

LOL! Not likely. Go pop into a thread that's talking about why the .50 MGs in game are porked and you will wish you counted the rivets on a B-29.