PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Gear/Hyd Failure

Daiichidoku
10-04-2005, 08:33 PM
i dont fly too many different types in FB

of the ones i do, i have noticed that so far, i have only ever suffered hydralic failure in the P 47s

the P 47s of course, have emergency manual gear...phew!

my questions are these:

1) of the types in FB, which ones have emergency manual gear?

2) of the types in FB, which ones historically had emergency manual gear?

3) of the types in FB that historically or not, do NOT have emergency manual gear, has anyone ever experienced hydralic failure and so been unable to lower gear at all?

just wondering if the Jug is the only type to get hydralic failures leading to u/s auto gear, if the types that dont have the emerg feature actually suffer from failures of this nature http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif???

VW-IceFire
10-04-2005, 09:02 PM
I've had landing gear failure on the P-47, P-51, Ki-61, Spitfire VIII (oddly, it said the gear was damaged and the port side refused to extend), mmm Corsairs, Hellcats...the works.

It doesn't seem to happen on Russian or German aircraft...oh except I did have it happen on the La-5FN.

Newer aircraft seem to have it...ones that are from the original game seem to lack it.

Loco-S
10-04-2005, 10:47 PM
the Me 109 gear is held up by hydraulic pressure, you lose pressure and the gear goes down...( from the finnish manual), the 190 has a mechanical gear latch, so if you lose hyd press the gear stays up until you need it, you just pull a handle on the right side of the 'pit to release the latch and the gear goes down by gravity, on the other planes I am not so sure, but I think I have read all Merrikan planes had emergency gear extension, in doubt download their manuals here and read a little:

http://www.airwar.ru/other/bibl_r.html

LEBillfish
10-04-2005, 11:17 PM
Ki-61 gear failure in the sim will not allow you to lower it via the emergency latch like r/l....(imagine the latch that holds the gear up has a mechanical release...If hydraulics fail pull the lever and gravity lets the gear fall and lock via over travel of a toggle.....

In PF the r/l feature, to be able to lower damaged gear doesn't work.

F19_Ob
10-05-2005, 02:49 AM
What LEBillfish said.

I've had gearfailiure on many types but since I fly any plane I can I can't remember most off them.

There are several types of damage to the gear more than failiure to deploy.
U can get them shot off on all types.
I've had tracks where only one gear legg was hit in a fw190 and it fell off.
another time I just lost the wheel and still managed the landing.
In the first variant of the sim in offline I shot at planes wich caused their gears to deploy(happened twice). This have not happened since though.

---------------------------

In the i-16 the pilots used to cary cablecutters, and if gear failed they cut the gear wire and let gravity pull it out, and helped by waggling the plane aswell.

IL2-chuter
10-05-2005, 02:49 AM
Actually, the 190 has/had electric gear and no up or down locks. The motor with its reduction gearing being more than sufficient to hold the gear where ever the motor stops (controlled by limit switches). The tailwheel was retracted by a cable from the right gear and extended by a spring (maintaining cable tension). The Ta152 introduced hydraulic gear, but the right gear on some aircraft had trouble retracting due to the tailwheel and these aircraft often had the tailwheel cable disconnected. Never resolved.

I have had instances where gear would not extend (various aircraft types) and I always start batting the manual gear down key (same as for F4F, I16, etc.) and sometimes, not always (due to whatever damage), the gear does come down. But it is dependant on the damage. If your gear doesn't work, try it, maybe you'll get lucky.

Sorry I can't be more specific on aircraft types.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

p1ngu666
10-05-2005, 03:08 AM
happens on bue and he111 aswell, along with others..

with beu u can actully have the gear blown off while its in the engine pod http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif