PDA

View Full Version : So who are actually the Villains in ACR?

crash3
06-09-2011, 01:50 AM
ok so we know that ezio is out to explore altairs life and hes also fighting templars trying to take over constantinople, but all the enemies that we know of that ezio has encountereed have been killed, so who is/are the new nemesis/nemeses?

anyone know?

Mic_92
06-09-2011, 09:44 AM
The Templars? No idea lol, probably those guys in the CGI trailer and the Byzantine empire.

Inorganic9_2
06-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Why the Bynzantine "Empire"? (or lack thereof)

In the gameplay trailer, its the Janissaries that are blocking the port until Ezio is found.

Mic_92
06-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:

In the gameplay trailer, its the Janissaries that are blocking the port until Ezio is found.

I said the Byzantine "Empire"(lol Grammar Nazi get a life) because Ezio is friends with Suleiman, who is part of the Ottoman.

They also talk about Manuel Palaeologos who would have been Emperor of the Byzantine Empire if they didn't lose to the Ottoman. That man also happens to have ties with the Templars so we can't really rule them out as possible enemies, don't you think?

Also, Ezio can have more than one group of enemies. I understand now that the Janissaries are part of the Ottoman Empire so maybe there are Templars on both sides, just like in AC1.

DavidPV86
06-09-2011, 10:11 AM
The ones in masyaf resemble the hospitalier knights as they looked during the early XVI century

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi...5e/Malta_Knights.jpg (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5e/Malta_Knights.jpg)

They were later known as the knights of Rhodes and Malta also....

May be.

Inorganic9_2
06-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Mic_92:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:

I said the Byzantine "Empire"(lol Grammar Nazi get a life) because Ezio is friends with Suleiman, who is part of the Ottoman.

They also talk about Manuel Palaeologos who would have been Emperor of the Byzantine Empire if they didn't lose to the Ottoman. That man also happens to have ties with the Templars so we can't really rule them out as possible enemies, don't you think?

Also, Ezio can have more than one group of enemies. I understand now that the Janissaries are part of the Ottoman Empire so maybe there are Templars on both sides, just like in AC1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you talking about? I am commenting on the fact that the Byzantines didn't have an empire and I'm suddenly a Nazi? I don't think I'm the one who needs a life.

Hopefully there are Templars on both sides; that would be interesting. I like the suggestion of the Hospitaller Knights; the Templars weren't all killed and such (in fact, very few were) but their assets and such were asorbed into the Hospitallers, which are still around today.

DavidPV86
06-09-2011, 10:22 AM
I just noticed the doudle headed emblem on the soldiers chest

Skip my last post, I guess our templars are the "Palaiologos" the last Byzantine dinasty.

Probably Ezio will be fighting the remains of it

crash3
06-09-2011, 11:33 AM
it mases sense that the templars would support the byzantines because they will obviously want their power/authority back at any price so the templars take advantage of that

so are the italian templars weak now thanks to ezio killing the borgias and now ezio is dealing with other more threatening branches of the templar order elsewhere, is that the idea for ACR?

Captain Tomatoz
06-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mic_92:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:

Also, Ezio can have more than one group of enemies. I understand now that the Janissaries are part of the Ottoman Empire so maybe there are Templars on both sides, just like in AC1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you talking about? I am commenting on the fact that the Byzantines didn't have an empire and I'm suddenly a Nazi? I don't think I'm the one who needs a life.

Hopefully there are Templars on both sides; that would be interesting. I like the suggestion of the Hospitaller Knights; the Templars weren't all killed and such (in fact, very few were) but their assets and such were asorbed into the Hospitallers, which are still around today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Byzantines did have an empire http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_Empire

And a "grammar nazi" is someone whole corrects grammar, its just a joke (he wasn't calling you a nazi http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Turkiye96
06-09-2011, 12:52 PM
yes they didnt have an empire but it was destroyed in 1453 as constantinople fell to the Ottomans but the people remained ( so i think the templars will try to make them rebel to take it back) . Also the janissaries were avery good army and the sultans personal bodyguard at the start but centuries later they got too powerfull and started to take over with rebellions when the sultan made a law they didnt like and pretty much took control they lead to the decline of the Ottoman empire aswell as kept them from advancing in technology and were finally stopped centuries later with a sneaky plan by sultan murad (i think that was his name not sure though , look it up on wikipedia ) so the janissaries could be the enemy as they are agaist the Ottomans but then again it is said that the reason for the janissaries blocking the ports until they capture ezio is because this mission is near the end of the game and ezio has just killed a high ranking official

AEKTZIS_1921
06-09-2011, 04:22 PM
not sure why Byzantines are villains in the game? My reasons for this are...

in the assassins creed 2 and brotherhood there was no real mention of Constantinople especially in brotherhood since it features the year that Constantinople fell thats why i need to provide a bit of background info.

1)the great schism which occurred saw the breakaway of the eastern orthodox church from the western latin church.

2)in 1202 the fourth crusade was intended for the recapture of Jerusalem but instead diverted to constantinople and the city was sacked.

3)so situation between west and east isn't great. a few attempts to rejoin the two were unsuccessful.

4)this led to the Byzantines not receiving assistance from the western latin church as they believed if they did then they would be force to rejoin to the western church. Thus they opted to fight till the end and see the ottomans take the city as opposed to the latins. this was so because the ottomans allowed the greek orthodox christians of constantinople, Greece, asior minor and pontos to continue believing in their faith and maintaining their identity.

5) after the fall of constantinople there were a few attempts to recapture it but none by the byzantines.

6)the last Palaiologos who ruled was Constantine XI Palaiologos he had no children but 4 brothers none of which are called manuel.

7)when constantinople fell the byzantine empire ended. it followed 400 years of Turkish rule on the greek people.

8)When the ottomans entered Constantinople they sacked the city for 3 days killing and enslaving men women and children.

9)So from 1453 to 1821 the turks ruled over the Greeks and didn’t allow them to bare arms or ride on horses and they had to wear distinctive clothing and had to pay heavy taxes. Also their children especially boys were taking from them and convert to islam, became muslim and then trained to become the Janissarie who were the eilte soldiers of the ottoman army.

So im confused as to how the Byzantines are meant to be templars seeking revenge by recapturing the city because since 1453 to 1511 60 years of slavery have passed.

I know its a game and ive gone a bit too over the top here but assassins creed games tend to be pretty sport on about history and events in history and incorporating them into the game.

crash3
06-09-2011, 04:39 PM
the byzantines arent th templars, the templars are supporting the byzantines to get more power and the byzantines simply want their empire back so they support anyone who helps them

xx-pyro
06-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by AEKTZIS_1921:

in the assassins creed 2 and brotherhood there was no real mention of Constantinople especially in brotherhood since it features the year that Constantinople fell thats why i need to provide a bit of background info.

1)the great schism which occurred saw the breakaway of the eastern orthodox church from the western latin church.

2)in 1202 the fourth crusade was intended for the recapture of Jerusalem but instead diverted to constantinople and the city was sacked.

3)so situation between west and east isn't great. a few attempts to rejoin the two were unsuccessful.

4)this led to the Byzantines not receiving assistance from the western latin church as they believed if they did then they would be force to rejoin to the western church. Thus they opted to fight till the end and see the ottomans take the city as opposed to the latins. this was so because the ottomans allowed the greek orthodox christians of constantinople, Greece, asior minor and pontos to continue believing in their faith and maintaining their identity.

5) after the fall of constantinople there were a few attempts to recapture it but none by the byzantines.

6)the last Palaiologos who ruled was Constantine XI Palaiologos he had no children but 4 brothers none of which are called manuel.

7)when constantinople fell the byzantine empire ended. it followed 400 years of Turkish rule on the greek people.

8)When the ottomans entered Constantinople they sacked the city for 3 days killing and enslaving men women and children.

9)So from 1453 to 1821 the turks ruled over the Greeks and didn’t allow them to bare arms or ride on horses and they had to wear distinctive clothing and had to pay heavy taxes. Also their children especially boys were taking from them and convert to islam, became muslim and then trained to become the Janissarie who were the eilte soldiers of the ottoman army.

So im confused as to how the Byzantines are meant to be templars seeking revenge by recapturing the city because since 1453 to 1511 60 years of slavery have passed.

I know its a game and ive gone a bit too over the top here but assassins creed games tend to be pretty sport on about history and events in history and incorporating them into the game.

I don't understand the relevance of those points and how they argue the fact that the Byzantine's aren't the enemy. Could you explain a bit better please http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif?

X10J
06-09-2011, 08:44 PM
I am. (Boy am I screwed.)

DualFace
06-10-2011, 01:22 AM
How did this silly question become a thread?

As long as the protagonists in this game are 'Assassins'---the 'Templar' will be their enemy.

Hence, the plot of the entire series. -_-

AEKTZIS_1921
06-10-2011, 05:42 AM
ok firstly we know its the templars vs the assassins but we are discussing who in this game is on the templar side.

my issue is with the Byzantines helping the templars and the use of a historical figure in the wrong time period.

Manuel II Palaiologos was the father of Constantine XI Palaiologos(the last emperor of Constantinople) who died before the fall of city in 1426.

also 60 years of slavery have passed and weakened the Byzantines. the Palaiologos family rule has been ceased since the fall of the city.

i don't get how "Manuel" Palaiologos fits in to that period in time because the ottomans appointed the patriarch of Constantinople, as the highest ranking hierarch, was given civil and religious authority and made head of the entire Christian Orthodox population.

so if anything the patriarch had the "power" (under ottoman rule) over the Byzantines

medcsu11
06-10-2011, 06:00 AM
Ahmet (brother of Sulamein (sp) will likely be a major problem. Reason for this is that he is the elder to Sul and it will create a power struggle. Since we already know who Ezio becomes a mentor to, one could infer Ahmet will become a central agitator.
Palaiologos has confirmed ties to the Templar Order, however, I feel he will turn out to not be an issue. In fact, I bet that Ahmet has him killed (just a prediction).

The big shocker opinion I have is this though. While Cesare is dead, he will somehow play a part in this game. Hear me out on this. He made claim to Ezio that "no man can kill me" and "I will be back, I always come back". Now then, I do not think Cesare will physically come back, but there is something about those words that is crucial to me and I think its a set up for something later. What that something is? Who knows. I have my opinions but since I have to go to work NOW I will post them later tonight if this thread is even still active.

Turkiye96
06-10-2011, 06:42 AM

thats really bias, they were never slaves and compared to Europe the Ottomans were quite diverse and supported diversity. ( keep in mind the Byzantines were the ottomans biggest enemy so they would be hostile to them at points) but the only sacked it for 3 days the 4th crusade totally destroyed the city pillaging everything. also the templars are using the Byzantine people that want to get their empire and Istanbul back to their advantage by allying with them but not all byzantines are bad just the guards im sure not all the people will hate you as its all mixed

Assassin8me
06-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Wait, was it stated anywhere that Ezio will be Suliman's mentor?
I think that te Templars will play a role in both sides, they always do.
You guys gotta remember that although Ezio has his little journy around 1511 when the Ottoman Empire Is in control, at least at some points we get to play as Altair in around the start of the 12th century, when the Byzantians are in control, and when The Sacking of Constantinopole occurs, which i pray we get to relive.
So i think that templars have roots in both these Empires, but we cant know who the main villian is just yet

AEKTZIS_1921
06-10-2011, 12:05 PM
how did slavery not exist? The basic definition of slave in Romano-Byzantine law was

anyone whose mother was a slave
anyone who has been captured in battle
anyone who has sold himself to pay a debt

Slavery was an important part of Ottoman society. The Byzantine-Ottoman wars bought large numbers of Christian slaves into the Ottoman Empire.

and what about the Janissarie? they were non-muslim children taken from christian families.

ok so if the templars help the Byzantines who would take back the city? the priests? old monks? women? men who have no military training?? to me this concept seems really far fetched.

at the time of the siege of Constantinople there were only 7,000 troops defending the city many of which died so in terms of soldiers Byzantines didn't have any

Turkiye96
06-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Are you trying to say The Ottomans totally enslaved the whole of the greeks in Constantinople, because we didn't... they pillaged it for 3 days and then that was it. sure some soldiers would be captured as slaves but thats with every battle, and the rule was that 1 out of every 10 child would be tooked given to a turkish family to be taken care of and tought and then sent to become a janissary. and this rule applied to everyone including the turks ( they weren't sent to another family though) so its not like they were being bias against the greeks specifically ( but as i said the Turks and Greeks are enemies and will usually try to be as harsh to one another as possible.) look the Greeks are cool and i dont get why you constantly try to show us as a bad cruel people. im kinda disapointed that people constantly have to have this rivalry http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

dont you just want to get over it? i mean im not trying to show greeks as cruel am i? im sure that in their history they have done some bad things too but every country has so just let it go.

AEKTZIS_1921
06-10-2011, 02:59 PM
well im not sure if you understood my initial post. i didn't criticism or blame anyone or anything im just stating fact. in regards to my post on slavery i just stated its meaning from wikipedia look up slavery and thats what it had as the definition.

im not portraying ottomans/turks as being bad or good. my point is that its kinda irrelevant for this game to include Byzantines who are the minority being helped by the templars.

if i wanted to be cruel i could mention many atrocities committed by turkey but im not coz this isnt the place.

iN3krO
06-10-2011, 03:06 PM
well im not sure if you understood my initial post. i didn't criticism or blame anyone or anything im just stating fact. in regards to my post on slavery i just stated its meaning from wikipedia look up slavery and thats what it had as the definition.

im not portraying ottomans/turks as being bad or good. my point is that its kinda irrelevant for this game to include Byzantines who are the minority being helped by the templars.

if i wanted to be cruel i could mention many atrocities committed by turkey but im not coz this isnt the place.

I would start talking about USA if we are going to talk about cruel things http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Chamboozer
06-10-2011, 03:21 PM
The recruitment for the Janissaries (Dev?irme) was actually restricted to Orthodox Christians from the Balkans and Armenia. However one must keep in mind that there were strict rules in place to minimize the potential emotional and economic damage that these recruitments caused. Also, recruits were taken from the impoverished peasant class to become Janissaries or government pages. Both of these potential jobs offered much, much higher quality of life than remaining as a peasant would have.

crash3
06-10-2011, 04:36 PM
sodoes anyone have any specific names of people who are templars apart from tat byzantine guy? any historical chracters that may be templars that we havent been told about yet?

masterfenix2009
06-11-2011, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by DualFace:
How did this silly question become a thread?

As long as the protagonists in this game are 'Assassins'---the 'Templar' will be their enemy.

Hence, the plot of the entire series. -_-
He is talking about the "big bad". Example: AC1: Robert De Sable. AC2: Rodrigo Borgia. ACB: Ceasere borgia

Turkiye96
06-11-2011, 02:06 AM
‘‘3 days killing and enslaving men women and children.’’

‘‘1453 to 1821 the turks ruled over the Greeks’’

‘‘many atrocities committed by turkey’’

oh yea dude, you totally aren’t bias. And you only show your side neglecting to mention a lot of factors like the ones iv been saying and Chamboozer said

Man im disapointed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif please stop, dont ruin this forum or the thread like this.

oh and some articles said we would have to investigate King Palaiologos as he his mysterious ties to the Templars but his true intensions are unknown, and we wont have a main idea of our main enemy until the end as Ezio will first have to get the 4 or 5 seals ( cant remember how many) and steal the 1 seal the Templars had found. so to do that he will have to look around, investigate and find the leader of the Templars ( i have a couple of ideas on who it might be but its still very unpredictable)

AEKTZIS_1921
06-11-2011, 03:28 AM
Ok man im not trying to attack you. Just relax. I simply google searched and went onto winki. And both the first and second quotes are directly taken from there. Like I said I was just highlighting why the Byzanties had been weakened. In regards to my final comment it was in response to your personal attack towards me by saying that I was cruel simply because I was stating historical fact.

There is no king Palaiologos after the fall of the city. There was no succesor and how can there be a king if he is overthrone? If anything the Patriach of Constantinople should have been involved as he was put in charge of the remaining Byzantines but was strill under ottoman rule.

ACfreak357
06-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Im saying the bad guy is that bald guy with messed up teeth that Ezio elbows in the head at the very end of the CGI trailer.