PDA

View Full Version : Possible Hint As To New Town

SwampLord450
12-05-2010, 06:18 PM
So, I was looking back through the officially released HVI screenshots, and this one caught my eye:

http://img.neoseeker.com/screenshots/R2FtZXMvUEMvUm9sZS1QbGF5aW5nL0ZhbnRhc3k=/might_and_magic_heroes_vi_profilelarge.jpg

That's gotta be the new jungle tileset. And as it would make sense for that tileset to have a town, it would make sense for the stone head and stone walls we see in that picture to possibly be associated with that town, no? They seem to have a fusion of Asian and Aztec aesthetics; the stone head in particular looks more like an Asian design to me, but the engravings on the walls look more so Aztec.

Thoughts?

Also, I am LOVING the way they've used valleys and canyons there to add more sense of depth and beauty to the map. Looks wonderful.

Ygds11
12-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Well I'll be. seems to confirm the Naga as the race of interest. The face looks a little like it is scaled and the design on the wall looks serpentine. Perhaps the Naga are where it's at. Good spotting. I stopped looking at the screenshots some time ago, maybe I was not looking close enough. great find

Pitsu
12-06-2010, 01:04 AM
On that picture i am wondering about the message.

If it is just a scenario objective, then why is there the cryptic reference to unicorn, stag and wolf, not just "build a camp and defeat xxx".

If it is the way how story is told (apart from cutscenes), then they obviously have not learned anything from H5. "Griffin eternal!", some brief cryptic dialogues and zoomed in game models for visuals?

The reference to sylvan creatures is interesting though...

GoranXII
12-06-2010, 01:28 AM
Actually all three are Haven Duchies (along with Griffin, Bull, Greyhound and Falcon), so I'd suggest she's moving against Haven. As for the crypticness of it, nothing wrong with a bit of mystery is there?

Pitsu
12-06-2010, 02:37 AM
A bit crypticness is fine, but if entire story is written in haiku's, then it will be very difficult to follow. Particularly for those who have not defended Master's thesis on "History and Coats of Arms of Haven Duchies".

GoranXII
12-06-2010, 03:03 AM
Hey, I only looked it up after I started writing, I just remembered that there was a Unicorn Duchy, and since Stag and Wolf don't appear in the Sylvan lineup...

Jester64
12-06-2010, 06:10 AM
This screenshot seems to point more towards elves, with the unicorns, stags etc.

I am still hoping for a return of Fortress, but still.

Also, that stone face doesn't mean a town is associated with it. Maybe it's a reference to an extinct race.

SwampLord450
12-06-2010, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Jester64:
This screenshot seems to point more towards elves, with the unicorns, stags etc.

I am still hoping for a return of Fortress, but still.

Also, that stone face doesn't mean a town is associated with it. Maybe it's a reference to an extinct race.

Yeah, it's not necessarily related to a jungle town in any way, just seemed to me like there might be a connection.

For what it's worth, the only tilesets that have never had a town associated with them were Sand in HIII and Swamp in HII (was there a Swamp one? I think there was).

If Jungle doesn't have a town that means we're looking at an underground town, which means that the new town would most likely have to be an underground town, which does not make that much sense given that there's already an established underground town, Dungeon.

Ygds11
12-06-2010, 09:04 AM
For what it's worth, the only tilesets that have never had a town associated with them were Sand in HIII and Swamp in HII (was there a Swamp one? I think there was).

i believe, there was snow for Tower, and lava fields for inferno As well as wasteland for Stronghold in H3. These of course are loose associations

GoranXII
12-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Exceot that they're Duchies in the Griffin/Falcon Empire, and this is jungle, not forest.