PDA

View Full Version : Ur choice of assassinating targets in AC2

Johnaman1992
06-20-2010, 12:18 AM
Hey just thought i would start this discussion to see how other players choose to assassinate some off the target in AC2, Who was your favourite target and the way you killed them.

XxSYD3WINDERxX
06-20-2010, 03:35 AM
I can't remember my favourite assassination, but I'll usually try and do it stealthily and professionally, but if I fail at doing this way or if I'm in a bad mood, I'll hack 'n' slash my way to victory!

RaidingAssassin
06-20-2010, 06:37 AM
Erm... i liked them all, i can't really say which one, but i'll tell you who i wanted to kill: LEONARDO lol...
Uh, i pretty much enjoyed them all. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bowcaster
06-20-2010, 07:00 AM
I loved the one where you were at the party, and you use the gun to kill your target. That was f-ing awesome!

DasCarlzzon
06-20-2010, 07:06 AM
I like the part when you kill the final guy...Not going to spoil any names for those that havent finished the game yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Bowcaster
06-20-2010, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by DasCarlzzon:
I like the part when you kill the final guy...Not going to spoil any names for those that havent finished the game yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

You mean like the final, final guy?

Because you don't kill him... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

basic369
06-20-2010, 08:21 AM
I dont remember wich target I liked to kill the most but my favourite assassination method is to either poison someone thats surrounded with guards, its so exiting. Or to poison a guard thats with his fellow guard-friends and my target. The guard goes crazy, because of the poison, and accedently kills my target http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Bowcaster
06-20-2010, 08:25 AM
I never actually used poison until after I finished the game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif very stupid of me.

I finally used it when I was looking at the achievements I hadn't gotten yet, and one of them was "Doctor" (Perform an air assassination on a poisoned NPC). I poisoned the guy, then started climing a building so I could air assassinate him, and then I was like, wow, he's going crazy.

Wish I had used it more often.

hospitaller1
06-20-2010, 09:14 AM
I loved the one in San Gimignano, the city with all the towers.

Scaling the towers one by one and such, so awesome

Hideru
06-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Dagger struck to the head.

Bowcaster
06-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Epic sig Hideru.

@hospitaller: Are you talking about the one where the target is at the top of one of the large towers, and there are archers on the nearby towers? I loved that one. You have to sneak around and slowly take out all the archers that are too close, then climb all the way to the top of the tower, and stab!

Typhonahriman
06-20-2010, 10:36 AM
For most of the targets, I would quietly take out any guards with the butcher's knife, then have a fist fight with the guy. Never used the hidden blades unless it was absolutely required.

My favourite assassination was also the one with the tall towers. I think i threw the target off the edge for that one.

Johnaman1992
06-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Killing the guy with your hidden gun at the party didnt work for me, iv tried it 3 times and each time iv been attacked straight after i kill him. the sister says if you time it right you can get away unnoticed but i get attacked each time. one of my favourite assassinations would have to be where you take out the guy on the top of the tower and you kill all the archer below it really fun if you do it stealth without being spoted

Torro747
06-20-2010, 08:35 PM
My favorite was the first palazo assault in venice. If you work it right, and go to the side of the building facing the river, you can sneak inside the window and kill from the darkshadows. IMO, every kill should be as sneaky as possible. Only after the stealth kill do you stay and fight the 15 guards for fun.

SevketErhat
06-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Air Assassination. Nothing beats leaping on your victim from higher ground

ILLusioNaire
06-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Let's see here. There's a lot of fun ones to be sure, but my favorite... I'd have to say that my favorite assassination mission was killing Salviati. I think that's his name. You know the one where you have to hop the wall into the barrack and raise the gate for the mercenaries? Well, I always go in there blades hot. It's fun to kill all the guards in the barrack and then save him for last.

I also liked the one during Sequence 13 where you have to kill the Captain of the Guard. It's fun killing all the skinny guards. The archers are a nuisance when your climbing up though. But when the archers are down the guy's on my time. I love doing fatality strikes on the targets. But there's a lot of satisfying ways to kill them.

Now thirdly, and finally, I'd have to say my next favorite assassination mission would be the one where you kill the doctor in Sequence 13. He's exposed to all sorts of ways to die. It's fun, easy, and it gives you the oppurtunity to use some different methods of assassination.

l Khasim l
06-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Any kill that involves shooting from the crowd - the Doge and two of the BoV story. It just feels so epic to stay in the crowd and then just shoot your target in the face before he even notices you're there.

Vey03
06-21-2010, 03:39 AM
I hated the Captain of the Guard! Lol. Also, that guy muttering to himself in the middle of a square. The place is crawling with guards, and i've never been able to do that one without being spotted and having to chase him down. Or the painter (one of the 9).

I liked the guy on the boat. He's one of the 9, forgot his name.
I like to be unseen. If i can get away with an unnoticed air kill, i'll do that. If not, sneak up behind them and blade to the back is nice.
Ezio does some nasty kills with his hidden blades if you get into a fight and use them.
If spotted, a slice to the throat is quick and quiet. I don't like throwing guards off buildings, because you cause a panic below. Although you don't seem to have the same problem with high towers.
So if spotted, i'll move to lure them away from the edges.
I prefer my throwing knives to the pistol, simply because of the noise and getting noticed. But i find them faster too.
And while a hidden blade kill even on top of a roof where there is no one around will get posters up everywhere, a knife throw never will.
Yeah, i pretty much liked everything.

Marios725
06-21-2010, 04:27 AM
i liked the one with carlo grimaldi. after he poisoned the doge and began to run i went through the window and air assassinated him. and then smoke bomb and you know the rest. all in all there is not any assassination that i didnt like. the game is just awesome !

Bowcaster
06-21-2010, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Johnaman1992:
Killing the guy with your hidden gun at the party didnt work for me, iv tried it 3 times and each time iv been attacked straight after i kill him. the sister says if you time it right you can get away unnoticed but i get attacked each time. one of my favourite assassinations would have to be where you take out the guy on the top of the tower and you kill all the archer below it really fun if you do it stealth without being spoted

The gun assassination at the party reminds me of one of the assassinations in Hitman Blood Money. You are trying to assassinate an actor, and in the play he gets shot by a WWI pistol, so if you use the same exact pistol, and shoot him at the same exact time as the other actor shoots the guy you want to kill(with a blank of course) then nobody notices, and once they find out that he is dead they think that their gun accidentally had a real bullet instead of a blank. They will never realize what happened, wha ha ha!

But, yeah, like in AC2 that kill in Hitman Blood Money is really hard to pull off. In fact I have never successfully done it in AC2(though I have tried only once). But now that I am replaying the game I am hoping that I will do it right.