PDA

View Full Version : Thought we Could Roam Free?

AHMFIC
12-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Ok, so I just beat the game, and I was told that after you beat it you could walk around with all your weapons, but it seems that all i can do is start all my missions over again. Whats the deal?

Tela
12-19-2007, 04:52 PM
There is, in a way, a free-roam. Load block 6. You will have to wait through Al Mualim's talk, but afterward you can roam. All areas are unlocked, and you have all your weapons.

AHMFIC
12-19-2007, 04:55 PM
sweet, knew there was a way, glad people actually read these things, i will be back later to discuss the stuff on the wall, extremely intresting....

CouchZombie
12-19-2007, 04:55 PM
after watching the credits, head back to the animus and you can restart the the last mission, since you have already completed the game (you know the ending) and now all of the memory blocks are open plus you have all the weapon unlocks, you may free roam till your hearts content.

iPlunder
12-19-2007, 05:42 PM
after watching the credits, head back to the animus and you can restart the the last mission, since you have already completed the game (you know the ending) and now all of the memory blocks are open plus you have all the weapon unlocks, you may free roam till your hearts content.

Yeah, free roam right after you watch the 7 minute cut seen every single time you want to play again.

Tela
12-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by iPlunder:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">after watching the credits, head back to the animus and you can restart the the last mission, since you have already completed the game (you know the ending) and now all of the memory blocks are open plus you have all the weapon unlocks, you may free roam till your hearts content.

Yeah, free roam right after you watch the 7 minute cut seen every single time you want to play again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is not so. After the credits, you go back into the Animus. After saving inside such, you then no longer have to watch the credits, unless you start the game over.

avsrule247
12-19-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Tela:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iPlunder:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">after watching the credits, head back to the animus and you can restart the the last mission, since you have already completed the game (you know the ending) and now all of the memory blocks are open plus you have all the weapon unlocks, you may free roam till your hearts content.

Yeah, free roam right after you watch the 7 minute cut seen every single time you want to play again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is not so. After the credits, you go back into the Animus. After saving inside such, you then no longer have to watch the credits, unless you start the game over. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He means that every time you reload memory block six you need to watch the conversation again between Altair and the master, which is friggin annoying. I was pissed that there was no free roam as well.

InsaneDriver06
12-21-2007, 07:41 PM
I was free roaming the second the first city Damascus opened up. At least the first section of it. Then ran to the second city and free roamed there, ignoring missions till I had my fill of free roaming, then back to the missions.

Not everything's opened at first, but you can free roam at any time, though the outskirts of the cities are very linear at times, more or less pointing you where to go, rather than an open field like from Shadow of the Colossus.

avsrule247
12-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by InsaneDriver06:
I was free roaming the second the first city Damascus opened up. At least the first section of it. Then ran to the second city and free roamed there, ignoring missions till I had my fill of free roaming, then back to the missions.

Not everything's opened at first, but you can free roam at any time, though the outskirts of the cities are very linear at times, more or less pointing you where to go, rather than an open field like from Shadow of the Colossus.

Ahh you don't get it... Free roaming is when you aren't doing any missions. Yes you can free roam but not without watching annoying cut scenes at ever load!

InsaneDriver06
12-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by avsrule247:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InsaneDriver06:

Ahh you don't get it... Free roaming is when you aren't doing any missions. Yes you can free roam but not without watching annoying cut scenes at ever load! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true, they interrupt you at times, but you're still free to ignore them afterwards by avoiding the target.

Defender219
12-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Sorry guy's I do not have the game, but am getting it for Christmas. What's the "animus"?

Crash_Plague
12-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Defender219:
Sorry guy's I do not have the game, but am getting it for Christmas. What's the "animus"?

Don't ask, it'll ruin the game for you.

VampiricOne
01-01-2008, 02:49 PM
If my Latin is correct, which I doubt it very much is, Animus is Latin For Soul.
This isnt what the animus is in the game, but in my mind soul and what it is in the game almost ties it all together.

NotAldir
01-01-2008, 02:55 PM
actually, "soul" in Latin is "anima"

VampiricOne
01-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Hokie Dokie.
Minding I get all of this from the internet dictionaries, so I'm entitled to a *few **mistakes?

* Many.
** Complete Muffups.

Kid_Phazon
01-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Resurrection of topics?

NotAldir
01-01-2008, 03:31 PM
huh?

ACthegame
01-11-2008, 08:54 PM
When I had finished the game and load MB6 I kill civilians and don't lose syncronisation. Is it because I'm not in Jerusalem? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

spazzoo1025
01-11-2008, 09:03 PM
nope, it's just a nice perk the devs put in lol