PDA

View Full Version : Idea for BoB (SoW)

slappedsilly
02-22-2007, 08:03 PM
If its been said, sorry I missed it. But what if we could have floors and ceiling set in servers. Say set floor at 3000m and ceiling at say 7000m.
Have the server give the plane a warning when within 1000m and when the threshold is hit, boom your hitting the refly button. That would bring different planes into online play and contain B&Z if wanted. Not that I'm against B&Z, its a darn good tactic.

CAF96th_Sillyak
02-22-2007, 08:27 PM
I believe you mean m as in meter rather than km.

slappedsilly
02-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Ummm, yep that'd be right. Sorry I'm stuck on the foot and inches thing. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif Fixed.

AVG_WarHawk
02-22-2007, 09:06 PM
I was just curious. Who slapped you, silly http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif?

PBNA-Boosher
02-22-2007, 11:30 PM
While an interesting idea, I 100% disagree with this suggestion. It will just cause frustration. Some people need that height advantage in order to gain success. Imagine if you limited the height a 109 could have against a gladiator? It would turn into one big turn n' burn fest where the 109 has no chance. Going up that high, and being able to, is a part of tactics that, IMHO, should not be limited.

flakwagen
02-23-2007, 05:22 AM
Anything that encourages people not to spend all their time at 500m in an LA7 is a bonus in my book. There are times when I log on a server and log right back off because it's nothing but a bunch of base campers swarming around eachothers runway like flies on a corpse.

p-11.cAce
02-23-2007, 06:32 AM
Not a good idea - while all those guys are camped out my favorite online activity is very low level parafrag fests in B-25's and A-26's http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

slappedsilly
02-23-2007, 07:55 AM
I was just curious. Who slapped you, silly

Everybody online did. But I'm getting better and do return the favor myself these days. From what I've read in WW2 many times they set attitudes in which pilots where to engage. In online play, it seems the fight always goes to the deck. So if your flying anything without a great turn radius your at a disadvantage. I like to change up on planes I fly online, but find myself limited because of this. Just an idea as an option. Thanks for comments.

Capt.LoneRanger
02-23-2007, 08:06 AM
Reminds me to Battlefield, where you stall out at 1000ft, because the air is too thin - LOL

nellip
02-23-2007, 08:07 AM
I think this is an interesting idea.

If the host can set this as one of the parameters, with default minimum of 0m, it would enable some interesting dogfight scenarios that you don't always find with the current sim.

Deedsundone
02-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Capt.LoneRanger:
Reminds me to Battlefield, where you stall out at 1000ft, because the air is too thin - LOL

In BF2 God almighty hand takes over your plane and throw you all over the map when you come a bit to high.

Tully__
02-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by slappedsilly:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I was just curious. Who slapped you, silly
From what I've read in WW2 many times they set attitudes in which pilots where to engage.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Indeed they did, but if you read combat reports from those engagements you will often find that many combats lasting longer than 30 seconds ended up below the set minimum altitude at some point.

slappedsilly
02-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Indeed they did, but if you read combat reports from those engagements you will often find that many combats lasting longer than 30 seconds ended up below the set minimum altitude at some point.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tully__, Fri February 23 2007 19:50

Well, maybe hitting the refly is a bit harsh. Maybe a point reduction setting would be better.
I am from the US and it seems most US planes are better at altitude. All online dogfights go right to the deck. Don't get me wrong thats fun too, but I think the game needs a high altitude portion to it. Co-ops might be better for this, but I rarely see them fill up and AI gets involved (darn cheaters!).