PDA

View Full Version : New info about Brotherhood

Ichkov
06-22-2010, 06:52 AM
The major addition to Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is the ability to recruit and train stealthy warriors to aide Ezio in his quest for vengeance. Each character recruited into the brotherhood of assassins -- either male or female -- has their own identity: Once they die, they are gone forever. In order to upgrade recruits, Ezio must put them through training. This is done by sending members of the brotherhood on contracts throughout Europe, ranging in difficulty. When given the option to send a member on a task, a meter displays the probability for success. The system is risk and reward: While the recruit will be unavailable to help Ezio during gameplay -- or may even die while away -- he become a more lethal member of the brotherhood.

Throughout the single-player campaign, Ezio will be able to call on one or groups of the brotherhood member to help kill, distract, or protect him throughout the adventure. After selecting specialties (and even their ceremonial garb) for individual or groups of assassin's, Ezio can bring them in by targeting an enemy and slowly raising his fist. Using this new feature -- unfortunately referred to as the B.A.M. (or Brotherhood Assist Move) -- Ezio can calmly walk past guards or creep into new areas without the focus being turned on himself. It appears that there is no limitation to where you can call on a member of the brotherhood or what they can be asked to do. In one rooftop scene, Ezio called on a female assassin to make quick work of a Gunman -- a new enemy type who protects rooftops with a retro firearm -- using the classic wrist-blade weapon, in another a hail of smoke bombs masked Ezio's quick getaway.

The Brotherhood can be equipped with any item, including the new crossbow, and lash out deadly and precise maneuvers. When the B.A.M. is used, the Brotherhood complete the proper action, scuttle off and enter a cool-down state so the entire feature isn't used with impunity. In its quick and simple and can almost be considered the Renaissance-era version of Splinter Cell: Conviction's "Mark and Execute" feature.

The B.A.M. system isn't the only addition or change in the latest ANIMUS-powered adventure. Ezio's trusty steed can now be brought into town and will react correctly to his surroundings. In the example we were shown -- back during the fall of Monteriggioni -- Ezio's horse pulled him along in fear as buildings fell at their feet. There is also a new "advanced horse fighting" system in the game, which we were not shown. The other ways of getting around the world have not changed. Players will still be able to traverse buildings at a blinding speed but can also utilize pulleys to zip-line up to the roof of buildings that are currently under construction. It's a great addition that makes sense in the context of a constantly evolving city.

The fighting system is also said to be much improved. A.I. will no longer take a number to engage Ezio, instead they will attack when they see his guard is down even if he's in the process of being engaged by another enemy. The change makes combat less defensive-based than previous iterations of the series. Ezio can now string kills together in quick and deadly fashion utilizing his entire arsenal, including his wrist-mounted gun. If getting up close and personal isn't your style, Ezio now has enough muscle to toss heavy weapons at the opposition for a quick kill.

Although it may still be a detour in Desmond's final quest, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood promises to make sense as a piece of the puzzle. Whether you have high expectations for the game's multiplayer or not, there are certain things we do expect from our time in the ANIMUS. Rather than evolving the franchise, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood adds new elements to it. It won't make you a fan if you already aren't one, but for those of us who enjoy stalking from rooftops, its new strategic element may shape it into the best game in the series.

It’s too vast a city to tackle on his own, so our hero sets up an Assassin’s Guild with the aim of recruiting and training an army of followers. You’ll go through this process at the beginning of the game, and will be able to micromanage both your Guild HQ and your followers, overseeing their training and sending them off on contract-killing missions throughout Europe.
In fact, the ownership element of the game is vastly expanded. Now you can buy swaths of Rome, gentrifying districts as you pump money into them through banking, shops and other guilds. We’re assuming certain properties will grant mid-mission perks (safehouses and the like) but this is still unconfirmed. The more property you own, the bigger your income – just like the Monteriggioni villa in AC II – but in addition to that, your Assassin’s Guild provides extra benefits that help you out on the streets. On a basic level, it's squad commands.
As Ezio, you have an entourage of deadly followers hidden from sight, just waiting to do your bidding. Give a signal, and a chosen man will leap from cover to off the foe of your choice. Alternatively, you can order your men to silently take down bodyguards, leaving your target wide open for attack

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06...rhood-single-player/ (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/17/preview-assassins-creed-brotherhood-single-player/)

Ru1986
06-22-2010, 08:31 AM
Were you mentioned you could send your allies off to missions around europe i am guessing the various destinations you send them too you cannot actually visit??

If this is the case i have to honest i find that feature a bit pointless to send your allies off on missions only to hear they have died but you diddnt get to see their death or avenge it or indeed have the option to stop it as you are not allowed access to the city you have sent them too.

For example say i send the Courtesan to Athens on a mission i then hear she has been killed but i do not know the ins and outs of it and i cannot even visit the city to either complete her mission, avenge her death or even to give her a proper burrial http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif. Otherwise it would be rather pointless sending them anywere else but Rome because the game is only set in Rome not the whole of Europe. That way you can have a say in the missions you are sending them on unless you (as the player) are not ment too?

I hope all of that makes sense basically if i was sending an ally to a city for a mission and i could not visit the city to aid them at least i just feel that would be a usless feature unless you guys intend to give us a taster of how this sort of thing would work then AC3 will be the whole of Europe and you can do as i say above.

As i say sorry if bits of this dont make sense but i am very excited about this game and get very excited when typing/talking about it as about 80 thoughts come into my head at once lol.

SupaX
06-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Wow that is cool!! cant wait for the game

Ru1986
06-22-2010, 08:50 AM
PP: As you take away the power of the Borgia in Rome, you increase your own power. That enables you to have a bigger guild. There are people that are fighting the Borgia in the world, and you go there, fight with them, and they see you and ask you to join the guild. Once there, you are able to send them on assassinations that happen elsewhere in Europe. you won't actually be able to play these assassinations, but players are going to be able to read the story about what happens. you also get paid buy the guild and can use it to acquire new skills.
During each mission there are assassins in the shadows and they are available on call - you use the 'L1' button for context sensitive commands. say you're in a fight, and you need help, you can have the best fighter come to your aid by tapping 'L1'.

The above quote is from another thread and sort of answers my question in this one so thanks for that it does beg the question of weather or not the rest of Europe will become open for AC3 though doesn't it. It also begs the question of why can you not visit them i am guessing becasue they will add that feature to a future title in the series. Its cool that they give you a little story about the Assiassins mission and how it went at least thats a start. Well don Ubi keep up the great wrok guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

MostJadedGamer
06-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Actually Ru1986 it is not pointless because the Assassin's actually file reports on the missions they complete for you to read thus contributing to the story.

Ru1986
06-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Yes i read that on another thread dennis580 that in actual fact it gives you information relating to the story. So appologise for my first impression were of a pointless nature but i have read more in to it now and i was wrong and i am sorry. And as i say it opens up the opportunity to add new cities to either DLC's or new releases in the future which would be cool.

So in conclusion no mate your right not a pointless feature atall in fact a really good feature to the game. Have we confirmed you can do this mission sending of allied assassins in single player as well as multi player??

MostJadedGamer
06-22-2010, 11:36 AM
I only care about Single Player. So I have no how Multi Player will work.

D_Jexs
06-22-2010, 11:49 AM
do you always copy and paste articles without giving credit to the source?

Murcuseo
06-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by D_Jexs:
do you always copy and paste articles without giving credit to the source?

Do you always jump to conclusions without looking at the entire post... if so I advise you to look at it again

Black_Widow9
06-22-2010, 01:22 PM
If you want to harass each other do it somewhere else please.

PlagueDoctor357
06-22-2010, 04:31 PM
I kinda think the fighting looks a bit much.

The first game made it feel heavy when you connected with the sword. Action camera was better too.

The 2nd game, they added health bars and it just wasn't as fun.

Hopefully the feel more connecty this time, although he takes like 4-5 guys out so fast its stupid looking.

I also hope he doesn't get to many gadgets. I read something about a parachute or something, sheesh.

A crossbow is cool but almost over doing it already.

NightmareGK13
06-22-2010, 06:56 PM
i am just crossing my fingers that they don't follow the example of splinter cell and block gamepad control binding

aka
not letting us use our own gamepad and block it to a 360 controller
i'm using a ps2 converted to pc so in many games it works but other like splinter cell, batman arkham asylum and all the analogs are messed up

orry for the off topic guys
anyways i'm really thrilled with the news about this and can't wait to have some money to purchase the limited codex edition http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

p.s.
from the gameplay trailer (beginning of the game with the cannons and all) the fighting mechanics seemed just about the same, snoozefest, they looked stiff and in one occasion were just standing still, i assume this hasn't been fully developed :P

Ru1986
06-23-2010, 02:00 AM
I think looks wise it looks fantastic. So long as they dont take it to the level of unrealistic. For example when i watched the trailer it appeared the guard seen on the roof had a shotgun single barrel. On closed insepection this appears to be a inverted croossbow type weapeon (which given its the Renaisence you can understand being there as people wer einventing new weapons left right and centre and abriviating old ones too) so this was not only belivable but also looks the nuts to use http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

EzioAssassin51
06-23-2010, 04:42 AM
Man that looks great!!

Sounds great!

This one looks to be the best of the series so far!

Assassin_M
06-23-2010, 05:56 AM
http://www.incgamers.com/News/...ins-creed-3-location (http://www.incgamers.com/News/23537/ubisoft-knows-exactly-where-its-going-for-assassins-creed-3-location)

There seems to be a new video to be released later today "If u wanna know who that is be sure to check our latest video that will go live later today"

opisamra
06-23-2010, 06:00 AM
Sounds good. But the name for the move is terrible. B.A.M..... really?? I'm getting more and more excited for this game every time I learn a new piece f information.

Dizlol
06-23-2010, 07:46 AM
Oh wow, the system from SCC implemented?
That's pretty neat

Ichkov
06-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Here is the new interview but for me there is nothing new
http://www.incgamers.com/Video...s-creed-e3-interview (http://www.incgamers.com/Videos/1521/igtv-assassins-creed-e3-interview)

El_Sjietah
06-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Ru1986:

The above quote is from another thread and sort of answers my question in this one so thanks for that it does beg the question of weather or not the rest of Europe will become open for AC3 though doesn't it. It also begs the question of why can you not visit them i am guessing becasue they will add that feature to a future title in the series.

I'm guessing because it's a sh*tload of work to model just one major European city, let alone all of them.

lilbacchant
06-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:

The above quote is from another thread and sort of answers my question in this one so thanks for that it does beg the question of weather or not the rest of Europe will become open for AC3 though doesn't it. It also begs the question of why can you not visit them i am guessing becasue they will add that feature to a future title in the series.

I'm guessing because it's a sh*tload of work to model just one major European city, let alone all of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let alone fitting all of the data for such modeling on a single disc ...

Six_Gun
06-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Ichkov:When the B.A.M. is used, the Brotherhood complete the proper action, scuttle off and enter a cool-down state so the entire feature isn't used with impunity. In its quick and simple and can almost be considered the Renaissance-era version of Splinter Cell: Conviction's "Mark and Execute" feature. "Isn't used with impunity" and "Mark and Execute" are somewhat contradictory terms. This is sounding like an automatic kill for one, and I fear even after the kill the assassin might have little risk of death. The player should have to think when, where and what skill level of assassin to use for such a feature, and the outcome be determined by it.

For instance if you want to enter a gate guarded by a small group without drawing attention to yourself, if their are also rooftop guards with rifles nearby, the assassin you give a B.A.M. order to to dispatch the guards shouldn't necessarily be successful, and rather shot down by the rooftop guards.

I see everything about this B.A.M. feature being described somewhat differently from the more vulnerable sounding remote dispatching of trained assassins throughout the city. Mark and Execute was one feature in Conviction that made it far too easy to play the sp portion of the game. I preferred to not use it because of that.